Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the Curtis Beach show

an e-mail I got:

<<The top guy is Curtis Beach. I think he has shot at 6 golds in New Mexico state-4A today. He already has won the HJ(6-7) and PV(15-3) and was leading qualifier in 200, 400, HH. I also think he runs 800 anchor on their SprMed team.>>

really scary thing is that he could do the same in almost any other state in the union.
    ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

Curtis can only be in 5 events, per NMAA. So, no medley 800. Yesterday's results at nmact.org.

Comment

Another 400m PR: 47.99

Comment

He won the 110 hurdles - 14.53 and the 200m - 21.84.
          So all together the HJ, PV, 400m, 110 hurdles, and the 200m.
          Wow!

Comment

I predicted somewhere that this lad, if he can keep his head will break Toomey's deca 400m WR record. I would like to modify that prediction: change "break" to "smash".
            ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

Here's Curtis' 110mH referenced above. In red in the front.
              Courtesy of Rebecca Hampton.

Comment

Pretty good lead for what looks like the first hurdle.

Comment

Correct! It is the first hurdle.

Comment

Originally posted by paulthefan
                    I predicted somewhere that this lad, if he can keep his head will break Toomey's deca 400m WR record. I would like to modify that prediction: change "break" to "smash".
                    What's his 1500?

Comment

4:09.48

Comment

I saw him compete at Arcadia last month. He is amazing. I hope he continues to improve at Duke.

Comment

With the flying D on his jersey, how can he fail ?! Joel Shankle and Dave Sime, move over !!

Comment

Featured in this week's Face in the Crowd section of Sports Illustrated

Comment

Originally posted by paulthefan
                              A bottle of your favorite scotch says Ashton Eaton beats him to it!

If you don't drink scotch, we can revise the wager. 8-)

Comment

Working...
                              X