Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alan Webb not running in Carson meet?

I noticed that Alan Webb doesn't appear on the start lists for the Carson/Adidas meet...anyone know why?

FWIW, Webb has very little history at Carson; ran the 1500 in '04, the 2M in '06, and that's it.

(adidas doesn't go out of its way to load up on Nike people for its showcase meet)

Comment

Originally posted by gh
      FWIW, Webb has very little history at Carson; ran the 1500 in '04, the 2M in '06, and that's it.

(adidas doesn't go out of its way to load up on Nike people for its showcase meet)
      Carson itself has little history -- what, since '04? So he had run at half of them, and the 2004 run was historic as it was his first very good race in quite a while, as I recall. It was really quite stunning at the time, something like 3:34 running all alone from the gun and blowing away a solid field, after many had written him off. Here's hoping for a similar performance soon.

Comment

Originally posted by trackjudge
        Originally posted by gh

Carson itself has little history -- what, since '04? So he had run at half of them, and the 2004 run was historic as it was his first very good race in quite a while, as I recall. It was really quite stunning at the time, something like 3:34 running all alone from the gun and blowing away a solid field, after many had written him off. Here's hoping for a similar performance soon.
        It was an impressive race...think it was 3:35.7....

Comment

Working...
        X