Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wariner going back to Clyde Hart?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wariner going back to Clyde Hart?

    Per Twitter:

    PreRaceJitters Breaking News: Jeremy Wariner announces a reunion with long time coach Clyde Hart. PRJ exclusive video interview coming soon!

  • #2
    Shouldnt he be spending more time designing and selling shoes and eye wear with madison avenue effetes than wasting time and dollars with a weathered, old 1/4 mile sage.
    ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

    Comment


    • #3
      This says a lot about JW.

      It takes a man to admit this type of mistake and then have the humility to correct it.

      It's maybe been a costly lesson, but he still has a lot of career left.
      The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

      Comment


      • #4
        In his Flotrack interview, Wariner references the return. "...experience is what made me want to go back to Coach Hart".

        Comment


        • #5
          AHHHHHHHHHHH....

          THIS is a GOOOOD thing...

          Smart move, Jeremy

          Comment


          • #6
            I don't really know much about sprint training (I ran xc in middle school and that's pretty much all the competitive running I've ever done). Can someone explain what kinds of major differences there are in the practices between different coaches? I mean, don't they just run 150s, 300s, 600s etc or whatever the training regimen is? I never really got an understanding of what it matters who your coach is for sprinting. Can someone explain what kinds of nuances I am not comprehending? Thanks.

            Comment


            • #7
              Jeremy is about as humble as a disco dancer.The reason he is getting Hart back is he was getting his butt kicked! He didnt want to give Hart more money,and chose the cheaper route costing him the olympic gold.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by williamwindhamjr
                Jeremy is about as humble as a disco dancer.The reason he is getting Hart back is he was getting his butt kicked! He didnt want to give Hart more money,and chose the cheaper route costing him the olympic gold.
                +1

                It's called American Greed. Hopefully, he's learned his lesson.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by williamwindhamjr
                  Jeremy is about as humble as a disco dancer.The reason he is getting Hart back is he was getting his butt kicked! He didnt want to give Hart more money,and chose the cheaper route costing him the olympic gold.
                  The point is that he's been humbled by the situation.

                  And instead of continuing to pretend his way is best, he's changing his course irregardless of the "I told you so's" that are about to come his way.

                  IMO that's to his credit because a lot of people would let pride carry them right off the cliff.
                  The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Are you saying hart is greedy?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Hart should look for a far bigger % of Wariner's winning than he had before Wariner sacked him in '08. If he doesn't get it, I wouldn't bother coaching Wariner. He showed his true colours when he dumped him in the first place.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by The Atheist
                        I don't really know much about sprint training (I ran xc in middle school and that's pretty much all the competitive running I've ever done). Can someone explain what kinds of major differences there are in the practices between different coaches? I mean, don't they just run 150s, 300s, 600s etc or whatever the training regimen is? I never really got an understanding of what it matters who your coach is for sprinting. Can someone explain what kinds of nuances I am not comprehending? Thanks.
                        At the world class level, you can't just pull a training program out of a book and blindly follow it. Programs have to be tailored to the athlete and modified during the season based on if the athlete is performing slower or faster than expected or gets an injury. A good coach knows how to adjust the distances, speeds required, minutes of rest between runs, and days per week of training, throughout the season based on the competition schedule and the athlete's progress.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Now Darold needs to do the damn same thing and go back to the man that got him to the 44.27 and the greatest anchor in the world.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by The Atheist
                            I don't really know much about sprint training (I ran xc in middle school and that's pretty much all the competitive running I've ever done). Can someone explain what kinds of major differences there are in the practices between different coaches? I mean, don't they just run 150s, 300s, 600s etc or whatever the training regimen is? I never really got an understanding of what it matters who your coach is for sprinting. Can someone explain what kinds of nuances I am not comprehending? Thanks.
                            Michael Johnson had leg injuries in 1988 & 1989. Hart developed a middle ground between jogging & lifting weights at one end and sprinting no slower than 400 pace at the other end.

                            A typical workout would be JW's running between 450 meters & 950 meters at 60 - 63 second 400 pace, eg. 650 meters at 1:39 was on his web site recently.

                            T&FN had an interview with JW after his 2004 NCAA win that gave more detail.

                            I agree with "sprintbox." My answer goes in a different direction.
                            none

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by TrackDaddy
                              This says a lot about JW.

                              It takes a man to admit this type of mistake and then have the humility to correct it.

                              It's maybe been a costly lesson, but he still has a lot of career left.
                              Also doesn't cost him as much (financially) this season; he's not the reigning Olympic champion.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X