Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happened to Leo Manzano at Carson/ Adidas?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to Leo Manzano at Carson/ Adidas?

Buried in the thread about the Carson/Adidas meet, Track Daddy and Dr. Jay wondered what happened to Leo Manzano in the 1500m. I see now that he finished way back in 3:57.55. Anybody know what happened?

http://www.flotrack.org/videos/cover...k-classic-2009

Comment

Thanks for asking the question ltr and for the answer RQ.

I'm glad to hear that Leo wasnt injured.

I guess that it was mental is a good thing.

I'm sure he'll do much better next time out.
      The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

He said the first lap may have been too fast and he began to fade back and broke down mentally.Said his training has been the best ever...so hope also that he can bounce back...I'm a Manzano fan...he's a fun runner to watch...very short and small, but can really kick!

Comment

Let's hope it was just a bump in the road, but he's no novice so I'm wondering???

Comment

Fellas I do not mean to drop elbows on our distance runners all the time but come on. I asked the same thing at the meet as I watched him 20 meters off the pack by the second lap. He says it was mental? This is a major meet, not some relay meet. the competition is top notch and he has a mental lapse one lap into it? Rankin ran 3;36 to win in Jamaica, and he was no where in contention of a race that was won in.... wait for it.... 3:36! Yes all races are different but we are talking competitive fire.
            What I see of our distance troops is time runs. Instead of competing we are watching time trials from them. So when tactics come into play they are at a loss. Yes, we have some promising runners and few good ones out there, but overall it is looking the same. And we should be more competitive out there, we clearly have the talent. Mental lapses causes tactical errors not 200m losses from one of our bright young talents.

Comment

welcome to the wonderful world of non-competitive NCAA track

Comment

[quote="Smoke"] Rankin ran 3;36 to win in Jamaica, and he was no where in contention of a race that was won in.... wait for it.... 3:36!/quote]

Rankin won, but in 3:46, not 3:36.

JAMAICA INTERNATIONAL INVITATIONAL MEET - 05/02/2009
                NATIOANAL STADIUM

Event 7 Men 1500 Meter Run
                ================================================== ======================
                SPORTS DEVELOPMENT FOUNDATION
                MEET: M 3:40.98 2006 Geoffry Kipkoech Rono, Kenya
                STADIUM: S 3:40.98 Geoffry Kipkoech Rono, KENYA
                Name Year Team Seed Finals
                ================================================== ======================
                Finals
                1 Rankin, Jon Usa 3:46.86

Comment

Dropped a handy 3:55.29 last night at the Big River Running Festival

http://twitter.com/bigriverrunning

Comment

Originally posted by bhall
                    Dropped a handy 3:55.29 last night at the Big River Running Festival

http://twitter.com/bigriverrunning
                    Good. Bump in the road it was.

Comment

Glad to see that...hopefully he is back on track.

Comment

Working...
                      X