Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Onyia: Doping [the Clenbuterol mess]

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Onyia: Doping [the Clenbuterol mess]

    Clenbuterol apparently and maybe a stimulant as well?

    A google translation of this article gives the general idea

    http://www.publico.es/deportes/226621/o ... lembuterol

  • #2
    here's a google translator version:

    http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... en%26lr%3D

    The Spanish Federation is going for the contaminated-meat defense. Maybe they should check with Aussie sprinter Dean Capobianco to see how well that one works.

    How about every time a federation loses a ruling to CAS the federation is punished along w/ the athlete?

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm surprised it took this long to catch her....I've been waiting for this particular news since 1999!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Matt
        I'm surprised it took this long to catch her....I've been waiting for this particular news since 1999!
        Since she was 12 years old? :shock:

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by EPelle
          Originally posted by Matt
          I'm surprised it took this long to catch her....I've been waiting for this particular news since 1999!
          Since she was 12 years old? :shock:
          I guess Pre appeared unto him in a dream and told him :wink:

          Comment


          • #6
            I am ashamed! For whetever reason when I read the name, it made me think of someone else. Who I now of course cannot name. ops:

            Lopen - nice strike re Pre, well deserved!

            Comment


            • #7
              Here's a story on this in English.

              http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olympics ... 8036_x.htm

              Comment


              • #8
                "Onyia reportedly tested negative two days before and two days after her positive test."

                I won't put it past her though.
                Afrikan

                Comment


                • #9
                  Onyia gets 2-year doping ban

                  http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... QD9B6C7N00

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re:

                    Originally posted by gh
                    here's a google translator version:

                    http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... en%26lr%3D

                    The Spanish Federation is going for the contaminated-meat defense. Maybe they should check with Aussie sprinter Dean Capobianco to see how well that one works.

                    How about every time a federation loses a ruling to CAS the federation is punished along w/ the athlete?
                    With WADA's change of heart here (see the shameful Priestley case on front page), maybe the IAAF should be pushing for a review in some of these cases to see if more athletes have been getting screwed by a rush to judgment.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Re:

                      Originally posted by gh
                      ......maybe the IAAF should be pushing for a review in some of these cases to see if more athletes have been getting screwed by a rush to judgment.
                      Surely not. The all seeing, all knowing, all evidence-based WADA cannot back down in the face of mere facts, uncertainty and institutional failure. There are high paid jobs and world travel to protect, so the innocent cannot be allowed their freedom.

                      It is better that a thousand innocents be punished than for one guilty party to gain a tenth of one tenth of a second in the C final of the 90-95 400m at the Guadaloupe masters championships.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Onyia: Doping [the Clenbuterol mess]

                        Originally posted by Athleticsimaging
                        It is better that a thousand innocents be punished than for one guilty party to gain a tenth of one tenth of a second in the C final of the 90-95 400m at the Guadaloupe masters championships.
                        Unfortunately, many people (including countless posters on this board) subscribe to this philosophy without your sarcastic wit. It's called "zero tolerance."
                        "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
                        by Thomas Henry Huxley

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Onyia: Doping [the Clenbuterol mess]

                          According to the latest IAAF newsletter, Josphine Onyia tested positive again in July last year. It says she'll serve a two-year ban from 2011-2013, but surely it will be a lifetime ban.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Onyia: Doping [the Clenbuterol mess]

                            Originally posted by Jon
                            According to the latest IAAF newsletter, Josphine Onyia tested positive again in July last year. It says she'll serve a two-year ban from 2011-2013, but surely it will be a lifetime ban.
                            You would have thought she would avoid beef after the last time !!
                            i deserve extra credit

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X