Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sebastian Bayer

Any Germans/German speakers with info about him since the European Indoors? What's the reaction been over there?

Can't wait to see him again. The more I look at that jump, the more impressed I am . I see no reason to doubt its validity at all.

Sebastian Bayer has not yet competed outdoors.

Comment

I assumed he hadn't. I was hoping someone had some interview/gossip/purported plans/heinous rumours/whatever about him, that's all.

Since Torino, he's gone under my very inefficient radar, so to speak.

Comment

What are the Vegas odds that he'll ever come with 6" of his 'PR' again? I may want some of that action. I will gladly eat crow if he turns out to be the Real Deal, but . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
          What are the Vegas odds that he'll ever come with 6" of his 'PR' again? I may want some of that action. I will gladly eat crow if he turns out to be the Real Deal, but . . .
          ... you are not holding your breath are you.
          ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

Brettboy reported on Mayer's status (has been a bit sick but back in swing'o'things) on this thread on May 19:

http://mb.trackandfieldnews.com/discuss ... hp?t=35199

Comment

to wit:

<<Some German new, Sebastian Bayer picked up a virus between training camps but is now apparently fully fit and in good form. He will also compete over 100m at the start of the season. >>

Comment

Bayer opened his outdoor season with a 10.73 (0.4) over 100m behind Jamaica's Ryan Shields (10.43) in Bremen.

His girlfriend Nytra opened with 13.10 over 100mh

Comment

Re: Sebastien Mayer

Originally posted by rumbleyoungmanrumble
                  I see no reason to doubt its validity at all.
                  I was told in the stadium by someone who knows these things that Turin had one of those 'sprung' runways that he likened to the one that Kasja jumped 2.08 on.

Nothing illegal about it and Bayer's jump was perfectly legit but I think if everything falls into place on such a surface you can get a huge flukey jump.

Don't know how factual any of that is but it rings true.

Now if someone could just come up with an explanation of Kotova's 7.42??? I was there and still think it's dodgy.

Comment

Re: Sebastien Mayer

Originally posted by Flumpy
                    I was told in the stadium by someone who knows these things that Turin had one of those 'sprung' runways.
                    Highly unlikely. Sprung floors (gymnastics) have real springs like this:

Comment

you don't need springs: when you were at Stanford, your basketball court had a sprung floor. This ancient thread:

<<Re sprung floors, and "Joe Indian's" mention of Maples Pavilion, Stanford is pulling that floor out.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercuryn ... 716113.htm

what's not in the on-line version is the diagram that was in the paper which showed (of interest to engineers only?)

<<4 layers of crisscrossing beams are spaced so that no one beam is directly under another, and no point on the floor connects directly with the concrete foundation>>

bottom layer: 2x4s, 4ft apart
                      second layer: 3x3s, 12 inches apart
                      third layer 3x3s, 8ft apart
                      top layer 2x4s, 4ft apart

The the floor itself on top of that.>>

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                        you don't need springs: when you were at Stanford, your basketball court had a sprung floor.
                        I did not know that.

But . . . this LJ runway . . . really?

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                          when you were at Stanford, your basketball court had a sprung floor.
                          I'm just surprised that Stanford gave Marlow his own bball court! :shock: :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by steve
                            Originally posted by gh
                            when you were at Stanford, your basketball court had a sprung floor.
                            I'm just surprised that Stanford gave Marlow his own bball court! :shock: :lol:
                            Yeah, I was honored, but a little perplexed, given my 32% FT-shooting ability. ops:

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                              you don't need springs: when you were at Stanford, your basketball court had a sprung floor. This ancient thread:

<<Re sprung floors, and "Joe Indian's" mention of Maples Pavilion, Stanford is pulling that floor out.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercuryn ... 716113.htm

what's not in the on-line version is the diagram that was in the paper which showed (of interest to engineers only?)

<<4 layers of crisscrossing beams are spaced so that no one beam is directly under another, and no point on the floor connects directly with the concrete foundation>>

bottom layer: 2x4s, 4ft apart
                              second layer: 3x3s, 12 inches apart
                              third layer 3x3s, 8ft apart
                              top layer 2x4s, 4ft apart

The the floor itself on top of that.>>
                              This raises the question of what type of surface were the other big indoor LJs on. For instance, was Lamela's previous indoor euro record from a similar floor. What about King Carl's indoor WR.
                              ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

Working...
                              X