Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What event should Jordan Hasay run at 2012 Olympic trials?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What event should Jordan Hasay run at 2012 Olympic trials?

She will be a little stronger by then.Im wondering if she is ultimately a 10k runner?

Given that she'll only be 20 in 2012, that's a bit soon to be thinking about what she'll "ultimately" be.

Comment

Just a suggestion, but how about waiting until 2012 before deciding??? :roll:

Comment

Moving to a more current timeframe, note that she'll run the Seniors (not Juniors) in Eugene. (no WJC team to make probably has something to do with it)

Her training this spring, by the way, has been notably hampered by a sinusitis problem.

Comment

Uh what was the question?

Comment

You queried folks here about which event Jordan Hasay should compete in at the next Olympic Trials. You made a pitch that Hasay would be a little stronger in 2012, but that comment was the only support you were offering when advancing a proposal that she perhaps run a 25-lap race which, to-date, she has never done.

Gaining a littlte strength, by inference, suggests to me that Hasay could improve her split times, gain more persuasiveness (i.e.: make use of the four-year-old title "American Junior Record-holder") and be more effective at the event which she last contested in the Olympic Trials, namely the 1.500m.

The addition of a small portion of durability - that is how I identify "a little stronger" - is insufficient enough to translate into success at a distance in which she has absolute no track experience.

Finally, as has been pointed out, her age will be of significant consequence at the 2012 USA Olympic Trials.

Comment

Do you know what ultimately means?that doesnt mean today,that doesnt mean tommorrow.As she gets faster in the 1500 it will help her in the longer distances.

Comment

If she gets "a little stronger", her 1.500m doesn't improve by leaps and bounds, negating the perceived improvement to help encourage a fast 10.000m time. But, that's not what you're out to hear, so you may resume with your fantasy.

I believe she'll be a lot stronger in three years' time. And, as common sense dictates, one should permit the course of those nine forthcoming seasons to shape what she ultimately is. To call her ultimately anything is a tall order without first having even seen how she will do on the NCAA level.

Did you call Ryan Hall ultimately a marathoner when he, like Hasay, was a stellar 1.500m high school runner?

Comment

I guess Rudy Chapa running 28 minutes for 10k in high school was fantasy too,I guess Alan Webb running a 3:53 mile in high school was a fantasy too.Get off the age train already.Hasaymight run a 4:09 tommorrow,we dont know.

Comment

Rudy Chapa's 28.32,7 in high school was a fact; it was accomplished at the 1976 Drake Relays. Alan Webb's 3.53,43 was also a fact; he accomplished it at the 2001 Prefontaine Classic. That Hasay "might run a 4:09 tommorrow,we dont know" is factually fictional, and has no relational bearing to the two previous names you threw out there other than being a high school student and all three having some type of Oregon connection. Do you know what? Neither Chapa nor Webb improved on those marks at university.

You're making no sense, so I'll bid adjö.

Comment

The point is that you dont have to be older to run a very fast time.So adios munecas.

Comment

No, your point was that Hasay, in your estimation, may ultimately be a 10.000m runner, and she should likely run this distance at the 2012 Olympic Trials. By your own admission, ultimately "doesnt mean today,that doesnt mean tommorrow." So what will Hasay's ultimate 1.500m time be this season if she is running out of today's and tomorrow's as high school concludes and USATF approaches in a month?

Ultimately, I believe you are incorrect with your assertions, but I'm not here to change your opinion.

Comment

Well thats good because you cant.Eveytime I talk about Hasay,people get into a hissy fit.Hasay is gonna be better at the longer distances.Case closed.

Comment

Originally posted by williamwindhamjr
                            Well thats good because you cant.Eveytime I talk about Hasay,people get into a hissy fit.Hasay is gonna be better at the longer distances.Case closed.
                            You have stated a conclusion but there is nary a thread of argument that hangs together in support of it.

Comment

argument?You hit it right on the nail.I am not here to do all of that.There is a difference between idol debate and just going against someones opinion on every topic.I stated that down the road the 10k would be a good race for Hasay,based on her 1500 progression and her strength in the longer distances.Someone starts talking about her age,like she is 5 years old or something.It seems that whenever I talk about an american runner,a couple of people in this forum are so negative.Galen Rupp is gonna finish 10th in the Olympics and nonsense like that.The beauty of track and field is on any given day someone could be in the best shape of their life,and beat everyone.

Comment

Working...
                              X