Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• meet results today

does anyone have links to the juco meet today, probably a good match up between bailey and edward in the 100, or the meet in clermont fla. with vbc et al

http://www.hutchcc.edu/dragons/redsite/ ... 20Page.htm

Comment

meet results

thx for the link

Comment

Some impressive sprinting at the NJCAA Champs this w/e in the 100/200/400m

Latroy Williams, BAH, up to 3rd fastest this year in 44.76, behind Tabarie Henry in 44.77. Is the latter a new ISV record? Looks like the Bahamas will have another tasty little team in the long relay at Berlin.

Comment

Does anyone know what veronica campbell ran in her prep race .. in preparation for Reebok?

Comment

Originally posted by trackfan22
            Does anyone know what veronica campbell ran in her prep race .. in preparation for Reebok?

(11.02 in the prelims)

http://sportingeagle.com/?p=516

Comment

Originally posted by knite
              w 3.2

Comment

Daniel Bailey 9.99 , Nelson Evora 17.66, Britney Reese 7.06 in Brazil in today

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                  Originally posted by knite
                  w 3.2
                  THANKS

Comment

Originally posted by Jamaican Sensation
                    Daniel Bailey 9.99 , Nelson Evora 17.66, Britney Reese 7.06 in Brazil in today
                    THE Times are impressive over there marvin anderson 20.15, bobby gay wilkins 50.91.. sheena tosta 54 .19 she ius steadly improving and melanie walk has been very quiet..

Comment

Worked NJCAA at Hutchinson CC this weekend. Didn't get to see much of the meet because the horizontal jumps were consigned to a chain link pen outside the track behind bleachers but did hear some results from time to time.
                      What I did get to see, up close and personal was the Men LJ winner from HInds CC, who came in with a seasonal 8.17. I was beginning to wonder if that mark was set downhill with a hurricane tail wind and a generous board judge until, after two fouls, he eked out a 7.42 to make the finals in third place. Not to worry, after fouls in rounds 4 and 5 he popped a 7.87 from at least 50 cm behind the foul line, which should get him an offer from some D1 school next year. I noticed coaches from Arkansas, Nebraska and Oklahoma paying close attention.
                      The athlete who impressed me was Kurt Felix, defending and repeat decathlon champion from Central Arizona who competed in the open TJ, and JT WHILE competing in the Decathlon. I did not look up all his marks but I know he placed second in the open JT and I believe his marks in DT, SP and HJ would have medaled in open competition. His 7.45 Decathlon LJ would have placed 6th in Open LJ but by the time he competed in open LJ he was pretty well worn out and only managed 7.05, missed making finals 12 cm.
                      Curiously, he only ran 11.37 in the Decathlon 100 on Thursday with a pretty brisk tail wind. We were getting 3s and 4s in the jumps in the same direction but, as I say, we were in a parallel universe.

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf
                        Worked NJCAA at Hutchinson CC this weekend. Didn't get to see much of the meet because the horizontal jumps were consigned to a chain link pen outside the track behind bleachers but did hear some results from time to time.
                        What I did get to see, up close and personal was the Men LJ winner from HInds CC, who came in with a seasonal 8.17. I was beginning to wonder if that mark was set downhill with a hurricane tail wind and a generous board judge until, after two fouls, he eked out a 7.42 to make the finals in third place. Not to worry, after fouls in rounds 4 and 5 he popped a 7.87 from at least 50 cm behind the foul line, which should get him an offer from some D1 school next year. I noticed coaches from Arkansas, Nebraska and Oklahoma paying close attention.
                        The athlete who impressed me was Kurt Felix, defending and repeat decathlon champion from Central Arizona who competed in the open TJ, and JT WHILE competing in the Decathlon. I did not look up all his marks but I know he placed second in the open JT and I believe his marks in DT, SP and HJ would have medaled in open competition. His 7.45 Decathlon LJ would have placed 6th in Open LJ but by the time he competed in open LJ he was pretty well worn out and only managed 7.05, missed making finals 12 cm.
                        Curiously, he only ran 11.37 in the Decathlon 100 on Thursday with a pretty brisk tail wind. We were getting 3s and 4s in the jumps in the same direction but, as I say, we were in a parallel universe.
                        Here are his stats: http://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/A ... AID=728047

Comment

Thanks, Becca. I was mistakenly presumptive about his strengths. Looks like you need to help him with his PV, although it is not much worse than his SP and 1500..

100: 11.37 = 780
                          LJ: 7.45 = 823
                          SP: 11.97 = 605
                          HJ: 2.10 = 896
                          400: 51.10 = 769
                          110H: 16.22 = 708
                          DT: 38.49 = 634
                          PV: 3.9 = 590
                          JT: 66.14 = 821
                          1500: 4:51 = 609
                          Total = 7091

Not too shabby and, man, what a workhorse. Lots of multi-event athletes compete in the open event in their speciality but I cannot recall one doing so during the multi competition.

Comment

Working...
                          X