Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Veronica Campbell-Brown runs 10.81 +3.2w In Florida Today..

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veronica Campbell-Brown runs 10.81 +3.2w In Florida Today..

I think that's about 10.90 under normal conditions. for somebody coming off a long layoff, i think that's a great time.

I really hope Felix runs the 400 in Berlin this year in addition to the 200, cuz I think she's going to get another silver in the 200 regardless of whether she does or doesn't run the 400, so she might as well run the 400, given that she looks like she's gonna be easily the #1 400m runner in the world this year, with Sanya being all slow this year. Given that VCB is MORE than merely healthy right now it looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by The Atheist
      I really hope Felix runs the 400 in Berlin this year in addition to the 200, cuz I think she's going to get another silver in the 200 regardless of whether she does or doesn't run the 400, so she might as well run the 400, given that she looks like she's gonna be easily the #1 400m runner in the world this year, with Sanya being all slow this year. Given that VCB is MORE than merely healthy right now it looks like.
      I still don't think AF was at her best in Beijing, and hope she is 100% this year. If she is then I would not want to miss these two ladies going at it head to head in Berlin.

Comment

Sanya slow this year?

Comment

I get 'corrected' result as 10.98 on JRM's calculator.

10.87 if wind was +2.0

Great time. I'd sure like to see VCB and AF both at their best go head to head in the 200 at WC.

Comment

Re: Veronica Campbell-Brown runs 10.81 +3.2w In Florida Toda

Originally posted by jaguar
            I think that's about 10.90 under normal conditions. for somebody coming off a long layoff, i think that's a great time.
            10,98 (w: 0,0)

Comment

Originally posted by lilwayne1814
              Sanya slow this year?
              Word has it she was suffering from a chest ailment early in May.

http://sportingeagle.com/?p=53

I wonder if this is a by-product of Behcet's syndrome. Not good if it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Pentathlete 2

10.87 if wind was +2.0

Great time. I'd sure like to see VCB and AF both at their best go head to head in the 200 at WC.
                wow thatis pretty impressive injuries are suppose to hamper training yet she is in 10.9 form

i think she has an aim "project 200 m world championship gold".. she has hardly scheduled any 200 metres races.. in an attempt i believe to leave her opponents uncertain as to how good she'll be come berlin..

allyson is no walk over her 22 66 was very impressive .. berlin will be very interesting

Comment

I need to point out that her time, with nill wind, is 10,98, not a suggested 10,9. Still good sprinting, and nothing taken away from a victory and sub-11.

Comment

Originally posted by trackfan22
                    Originally posted by Pentathlete 2

10.87 if wind was +2.0

wow thatis pretty impressive injuries are suppose to hamper training yet she is in 10.9 form

i think she has an aim "project 200 m world championship gold".. she has hardly scheduled any 200 metres races.. in an attempt i believe to leave her opponents uncertain as to how good she'll be come berlin..

allyson is no walk over her 22 66 was very impressive .. berlin will be very interesting

Veronica states she if focusing on going faster in 100m this season, and once she does that...her 200m will be faster. So, that's why we really not going to see her run more 200m leading up to Berlin. Once she jumps out ahead of Felix, it's going to be hard for Felix to catch her, and the past two Olympics that's what happen. I'm sure Allyson Felix having nightmares about those too past Olympics. The Gold medal that she been dreaming of but still hadn't gotten.

Comment

11.02 in prelims under 2.0mps allowable

weird about how this result was picked up. No results posted at Elite Timing and Management
                      http://www.elitetiming.net/results/results.htm
                      or any of the local newspapers.

I believe this happened last year as well. Results were sent in before official ones were posted.

And the facility is in the middle of nowhere. Anyone know who she is training with and where she is training?

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsfanx1
                        [Veronica states she if focusing on going faster in 100m this season, and once she does that...her 200m will be faster. So, that's why we really not going to see her run more 200m leading up to Berlin. Once she jumps out ahead of Felix, it's going to be hard for Felix to catch her, and the past two Olympics that's what happen. I'm sure Allyson Felix having nightmares about those too past Olympics. The Gold medal that she been dreaming of but still hadn't gotten.
                        Felix responded pretty well to the "nightmare" of the 2004 Olympics by winning gold at 2005 and 2007 WC. Maybe she will respond just as well to the "nightmare" of 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by RQ
                          11.02 in prelims under 2.0mps allowable

weird about how this result was picked up. No results posted at Elite Timing and Management
                          http://www.elitetiming.net/results/results.htm
                          or any of the local newspapers.

I believe this happened last year as well. Results were sent in before official ones were posted.

And the facility is in the middle of nowhere. Anyone know who she is training with and where she is training?

11.01, in premilary race, before the final, is impressive also. She working on her technique, would suit her more to push in final to really examine her technique. Final is where she run a faster 10.81 sec time, with an illegal wind

??? She trains in Florida with coach Brauman. He also trains Gay think

Comment

Originally posted by ILoveTrack
                            [Veronica states she if focusing on going faster in 100m this season, and once she does that...her 200m will be faster. So, that's why we really not going to see her run more 200m leading up to Berlin. Once she jumps out ahead of Felix, it's going to be hard for Felix to catch her, and the past two Olympics that's what happen. I'm sure Allyson Felix having nightmares about those too past Olympics. The Gold medal that she been dreaming of but still hadn't gotten.
                            Felix responded pretty well to the "nightmare" of the 2004 Olympics by winning gold at 2005 and 2007 WC. Maybe she will respond just as well to the "nightmare" of 2008.

It's still a nightmare for her ...she said, she would love to have the Olympics' 200m Gold Medal more. So, until she has that allusive gold medal, the races will remain a nightmare. No matter how many 200m races she wins/won, the main one that she wants she hasn't get!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ILoveTrack
                              It's still a nightmare for her ...she said, she would love to have the Olympics' 200m Gold Medal more. So, until she has that allusive gold medal, the races will remain a nightmare. No matter how many 200m races she wins/won, the main one that she wants she hasn't get!!!
                              If I follow your logic, I guess VCB is having nightmares about her accomplishments in the 100m at the Olympics. I would imagine she can't even sleep at night since see didn't even make the team in 100m in 2008. Do you see how idiotic your logic is? :wink:

Comment

Working...
                              X