Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USATF qualifying standards changing?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Try the waybackmachine on the link.

    Comment


    • #32
      knock yourself out

      Comment


      • #33
        Indexes only to 2008-02-14.

        A different USATF link, 2007 Rulebook:

        Section II Track Events
        Rule 166 Regulations for Forming Heats

        1/c/iv: If more than 24 report for the 10,000 Meters or the Open Women's 5,000 Meters, the event should be run in sections of no more than 24, but may be run as heats of no more than 24, with no more than 20 advancing to the final of the 10,000 Meters and no more than 16 advancing to the final of the 5,000 Meters.
        v: The Games Committee of all meets other than the Open National Championships may elect to run these events as sections because of facility or scheduling conditions. The election of this format must be stated in the entry form.
        http://www.usatf.org/about/rules/2007/2 ... frules.pdf

        Comment


        • #34
          Nos. 7 & 8 were not posted on the USATF Web site as of May 11; the list of Qualifying Guidelines ended with No. 6 (thanks to paper copies!).

          "Make 'em up as you go along" - unlimited hydroplane racing.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by EPelle
            Indexes only to 2008-02-14.

            A different USATF link, 2007 Rulebook:
            . . .

            http://www.usatf.org/about/rules/2007/2 ... frules.pdf
            Why would you link to the 2007 Rulebook when the 2009 Rulebook is available online? (Just change the 2007's in that url to 2009 and you've got it.) It happens that in this particular case, there appears to have been no change in the rule.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by tandfman
              Why would you link to the 2007 Rulebook when the 2009 Rulebook is available online? ...

              It happens that in this particular case, there appears to have been no change in the rule.
              For that exact reason.

              Comment


              • #37
                I still don't quite understand. If anything, the 2009 rules are easier to find on the USATF web site than the 2007 rules. If there was no change, why look at the 2007 rules at all? What am I missing?

                Comment


                • #38
                  First and foremost, I didn't know where to look on the USATF site; it's a site I frequent 1-3 times a year. Mr. Google enabled me to more quickly find the 2007 rules, which, incidentally, I wasn't looking for. Secondly, I wanted to see if there were any changes between 2007 and what has been mentioned of late.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Drop that 100 to 10.3, and you save a lot of money!

                    In fact, how about eliminating B marks altogether? That'll go very well in this economy!

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by EPelle
                      First and foremost, I didn't know where to look on the USATF site
                      Like many sites these days, USATF's site has a search bar at the top. Type in rules or competition rules and you'll find it easily. (The navigation from the home page without the search bar is About/Competition Rules.)

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        From the National Team Processing page on the USATF Web site:
                        http://www.usatf.org/events/2009/USAOut ... SignUp.asp

                        "Those who do not complete team sign-up by 6:00 p.m. on Sunday, June 24 will forfeit their rank for selection to national teams for the 2009 season."

                        Hmmm . . . June 24 is a problem, because the championship (trials) meet does not begin until Thursday, June 25. Methinks that they probably meant to write "Sunday, June 28."

                        [edited to remove erroneous information - CS]

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Charley Shaffer
                          From the National Team Processing page on the USATF Web site:
                          http://www.usatf.org/events/2009/USAOut ... SignUp.asp

                          "Those who do not complete team sign-up by 6:00 p.m. on Sunday, June 24 will forfeit their rank for selection to national teams for the 2009 season."

                          Hmmm . . . June 24 is a problem, because the championship (trials) meet does not begin until Thursday, June 25. Methinks that they probably meant to write "Sunday, June 28."

                          In any event, the message seems to be the same as last year: No marks chasing after the USA Championships end.
                          No. Team sign-up is for the top 5 or 6 for each event, regardless of standard. The always process more athletes during team sign-up than will actually compete at the big meet in question.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            My mistake, Dan, I later found this on another page:

                            "If each of the top four (4) rank order finishers has not achieved the IAAF “A” standard, each athlete among the top four (4) finishers who has not achieved the “A” standard will have until midnight PDT on July 31, 2009 to achieve the “A” standard."

                            So there'll be a month of mark-chasing.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Charley Shaffer
                              My mistake, Dan, I later found this on another page:

                              "If each of the top four (4) rank order finishers has not achieved the IAAF “A” standard, each athlete among the top four (4) finishers who has not achieved the “A” standard will have until midnight PDT on July 31, 2009 to achieve the “A” standard."

                              So there'll be a month of mark-chasing.
                              Do you expect that there will be any events where none of the top 4 have achieved an "A" standard (not too likely)?

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by 26mi235
                                Originally posted by Charley Shaffer
                                My mistake, Dan, I later found this on another page:

                                "If each of the top four (4) rank order finishers has not achieved the IAAF “A” standard, each athlete among the top four (4) finishers who has not achieved the “A” standard will have until midnight PDT on July 31, 2009 to achieve the “A” standard."

                                So there'll be a month of mark-chasing.
                                Do you expect that there will be any events where none of the top 4 have achieved an "A" standard (not too likely)?
                                Seems like it is usually an issue in the racewalks and some of the throws...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X