X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first USATF women's formchart now posted

top 10s in each event

http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/lists/ ... &year=2009

Someone asked on another board why Torri isnt listed in the 100.

And why she is listed in the 200.

Anyone know?

gh?
    The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy

Anyone know?

gh?
      I don't know.

In 2008, she was 7th at Carson in 11.31, but 2nd at nationals.

In 2009, she was 6th at Carson in 11.40, so I expect her to be in the top three at nationals.
      none

Comment

Originally posted by Gleason

Anyone know?

gh?
        I don't know.

In 2008, she was 7th at Carson in 11.31, but 2nd at nationals.

In 2009, she was 6th at Carson in 11.40, so I expect her to be in the top three at nationals.
        What's her best time this year?

I can only remember the rather pedestrian 11.4x that you mentioned, which obviously is nowhere near her potential.

But as you said that has been her pattern.

Comment

I'd say she's clearly not on pattern.

Best at this time of year in recent seasons:

2008--11.10
          2007--10.90
          2006--11.17
          2004--11.05
          2003--11.09

An 11.46 and an 11.40 is far from that.

Comment

Originally posted by gh

2008--11.10
            2007--10.90
            2006--11.17
            2004--11.05
            2003--11.09

Is she not racing fast or mainly not racing yet? If primarily the latter, the question is WHY (has she peaked too early in the past an is slowing things down, is she injured, is she simply on the downward slide in a very competitive event)?

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
              Originally posted by gh

2008--11.10
              2007--10.90
              2006--11.17
              2004--11.05
              2003--11.09

Is she not racing fast or mainly not racing yet? If primarily the latter, the question is WHY (has she peaked too early in the past an is slowing things down, is she injured, is she simply on the downward slide in a very competitive event)?
              I'm not sure but Torri is in her 30s.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
                Originally posted by gh

2008--11.10
                2007--10.90
                2006--11.17
                2004--11.05
                2003--11.09

Edwards defeated Lauren Williams at Carson in 2009. Sanya Richards defeated Edwards at Carson in 2008. IF Edwards places in the top three at USAT&F, no problem.
                none

Comment

Originally posted by gh

2008--11.10
                  2007--10.90
                  2006--11.17
                  2004--11.05
                  2003--11.09

I don't care what she's run to this point...she's better than Ladedra Guy and Lashauntae Moore. Hell she's better than Bianca Knight too.

I know you guys do your best on these lists but I think you missed the boat on this one.

No Torri, no Alexandria Anderson in the 100 and yet Ladedra Guy makes the cut? What has she done to exhibit top 10 qualities?

As for Torri's times, I think it could actually serve her well in the long run. I think people fail to realize the overall impact of not running in the relay meets USATF used to fly them out to. Last year Torri ran the 4x1 and 4x4 at Texas Relays and a couple other meets. Correct me if I'm wrong but this would be the first time in Torri's career...hell any sprinter running right now...in which the USATF relay program was scrapped. While they were only relays, they were still races. I think this is partly while all the Americans save Jeter are running slower early this year than the same time last year. Take Hooker for example...between relays and open races the adidas meet last year was her 10th race. This year it was her 5th. I think this is similar for a lot of the sprinters, particularly the Olympians.

Comment

That's an excellent observation, TS, about the reduced activity for US athletes this year due to the defunct relay program and the possible effect its having on their performances. Those relays ARE races.

Comment

That's an excellent observation, TS, about the reduced activity for US athletes this year due to the defunct relay program and the possible effect its having on their performances. Those relays ARE races.
                      I agree BUT at 2007 USAT&F Edwards won heat, semi & final. At 2008 OT Edwards won heat, quarter, semi and was second in the final.

After her OG 100 she said "I'm young and I'm cute!" I think that she will be ready at 2009 USAT&F, so I expect her to be in the top three there. In 2007 her fastest race was her 10.90 at Adidas. In 2008 her fastest race was her 10.78 semi at OT.

Perhaps her fastest race in 2009 will be 10.66 at Berlin in the 100 final.
                      none

Comment

Originally posted by texas_speed
                        Take Hooker for example...between relays and open races the adidas meet last year was her 10th race. This year it was her 5th. I think this is similar for a lot of the sprinters, particularly the Olympians.
                        Lauryn Williams, who won the 2005 world championships, ran one open 100m race that post-OG season and two short relays to-date. Williams, in 2007 - the next world champs cycle, sprinted in two 100m, one 200m, one 4x100m to-date. This year, following the Olympics, she has run three open 100m and competed on one relay. Torri Edwards only ran one open 100m and two 200m races in 2007 (the last WC cycle) to-date. This year, she has two 100m, two 200m and one 4x100m. Muna Lee ran two 100m, two 200m and one 4x100m in 2007 to-date. Lee competed in three 100m, two 200m and two 4x100m last season before becoming OT champion. So far this season, Lee has competed in one of each. Lee ran in three indoor events in each of the last two seasons, two meets (one heat) in 2008 and three in 2009. Marshevet Hooker, in 2007, ran two 100m, one 200m and one 4x100m to-date. This year? Two/one/one again. Hooker chopped off a major portion of her indoor running this year compared to the last world champs cycle, where she contested three races at the USA Indoor Champs and six races overall; this year she ran one race: Tyson.

Comment

Hasay over Centrowitz in the 15?

Did I miss an injury somewhere?

Comment

I'm not feeling Teresa Vaill in the 400H! :wink:

Comment

somehow she'd have to violate both walking rules to do well in that...

Comment

Working...
                              X