Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willard Vs. Barringer at nationals...

For me the most interesting event at the national championships this summer may be the women's steeplechase. Who will win, Willard or Barringer? Completely different runners: Willard has good speed and kick, Barringer likes to press the pace. I predict these two wilI run away from the field and Willard will win with her kick. The time should be fast (with Barringer pushing the pace), probably an American record around 9:10.

They've met 5 times in the steeple: each one has seen one of them setting a CR or AR of some sort.

Comment

I agree. That could be a hell of a race. Not to mention the "What will Willard's hair look like? sub-bet"

Comment

I hope that they run1500/Steeple at USAT&F. 1500 is thursday/saturday, Steeple is friday/sunday.

IF they make the team in both events 1500 is after Steeple at WCh. Willard won USAT&F Indoor while Barringer has the fastest college 1500 time.
        none

Comment

Please forgive me if I'm out of bounds with this comment, but they're both very attractive and engaging women as well. I agree that this race will be one of the highlights of the meet!

Comment

I think it unlikely, but I want to see how the NCAA 3000SC goes to see if there is another runner to consider.

Comment

There is another NCAA athlete to consider (the fourth-placer at the OT): Nicole Bush. She dropped down a fine 9.39,38 at Stanford earlier this month and won Big-10 with a 9.41. However, OT third-placer Lindsey Anderson has 9.35 and 9.37 to her credit this season, including a 4,08 victory over Bush at Stanford (Jordan).

Comment

Since Bush is 'newer', she may have more 'upside', which is why, after her 9:39/9:41 couple she might be in for another drop. The latter had a big margin in a Champs race, and she may have had a margin in the earlier one as well. If so, she could go into the 9:20s this year. I do not really think that she is a threat to the B and W duo, by Anna W came out of 'nowhere' (not really but not on too many radars until she went to Michigan for grad school/5th year), although she should huge breadth and great team running that year at Michigan (and now wants to go under 2:00).

Comment

Re: Willard Vs. Barringer at nationals...

Originally posted by lovetorun
                  For me the most interesting event at the national championships this summer may be the women's steeplechase.
                  I agree, and that's not only great for the wSt, but track in general. If only all our events were this compelling every year, like LM vs. JW, or Gay vs. Dix vs. X, or CC vs. Adam vs. Hoffa - oh wait, many of them are!

Comment

I think Barringer has been conservative this spring to make sure she has great fitness come the WC's. I can't imagine that she won't have a huge drop in the SC this summer after running lights out this past indoor season.

Should be interesting....

Comment

Originally posted by Gleason
                      I hope that they run1500/Steeple at USAT&F. 1500 is thursday/saturday, Steeple is friday/sunday.

IF they make the team in both events 1500 is after Steeple at WCh. Willard won USAT&F Indoor while Barringer has the fastest college 1500 time.
                      It's a much easier double at the Worlds than at the Nationals.

Comment

Can't wait to see this race also. Two titans but i like the one with the funny hair. Man, is she strong, she even runs strong.
                        phsstt!

Comment

I agree with Epelle that the next two in the race will be Nicole Bush and Lindsey Anderson...I'd like to see them each get PR's since the pace is sure to be fast.

Comment

By the way, whatever happened to Brianna Shook? She's seemed to have disappeared after that missed hurdle cost her the AR at the Trials a while back.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
                              Originally posted by Gleason

It's a much easier double at the Worlds than at the Nationals.
                              I agree, but U.S. women milers and steeplechasers are nowhere near as deep as WCh milers and steeplechasers are.

For example, Rowbury and Wurth-Thomas are the only milers who have made the WCh "A" standard for 2009.

IF Barringer and/or Willard can make the U.S. team in the women's 1500 after running steeplechase heats, they deserve to run at WCh IF they also make the WCh standard.
                              none

Comment

Working...
                              X