Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this william....r guy the old nutter Satch in disguise?

Comment

I don't ascribe to the theory that a person must have been a track and field athlete in order to be eligible to comment on the same: anymore than they must have been a participant in any other sport before allowed to express an opinion.
      I don't know how to poll this but I suspect a huge percentage of the posters here have competed, some modestly and some at the elite level, in track and field.
      Shucks, IMNSHO, the guy who regularly got his butt handed to him is, as both participant and spectator, eminently qualified to comment. Not that he/she will be always be correct but ... so what?

Comment

Originally posted by williamwindhamjr
        If you have no idea then why even engage in the conversation in the first place.You are John Wooden and I am Kareem Abdul Jabbar;translation is you talk x and o and I have actually raced .Not to dis you,but all this back and forth hissy fighting is boring.Some of these people in this forum couldnt run a mile in under 8 minutes,but they can talk about logics all day,which is fine.Lets just know the difference between an athlete and a cheerleader.
        This is an absolute loser of an argument. For what it's worth, I strongly assume that most of us have known athletes FAR better than you ever were. But, so what? What matters here is dialogue--and some contributions add to the dialogue more than others.

Comment

Originally posted by guru
          Yeah the Key word is idea something that Im seeing fewer and fewer people have..Ask 10 people at your job do they know who Alan Webb is,then come aND and talk to me.That is when you get one.

I don't think Alan Webb knows who Alan Webb is these days.
          OK, that one literally made me laugh out loud. Thanks!

Comment

GivE me a break,most of my post can be answered with an agree or disagree.Elaborating is also encouraged,but when people wanna go tit for tat without sticKing to the topic,then you are gonna lose.All I SAID IS TRACK AND FIELD NEEDS AND DESERVES ALOT MORE PUBLICITY THAN IT GETS,AND NEEDS A UHUAL.OBVIOUSLY WE HAVE SOME TRACK PROMOTERS ON HERE THAT ARENT ON THEIR J OB!

Comment

Sheesh, Willjr should work on his analogies.

In Willjr's view, John Wooden was all X's and O's and Kareem actually played. And Willjr's implication is that Wooden had nothing to teach Kareem (just as other posters here have nothing to offer athletes like Willjr). Yet Kareem apparently still holds Coach Wooden in the highest regard and became arguably the best college player ever under his guidance. Why?

For starters, Willjr seems to think that Wooden was not a player. Please, take a trip over to Wikipedia and learn some things:
              Wooden was an Indiana HS legend, leading his team to the state finals 3 years in a row - winning once - and was a 3 time all-state selection.
              Wooden played at Purdue, was a 3-time all-American, and won a national championship.
              Later, playing professionally, Wooden was named to the first National Basketball League all-star team and set a record hitting 134 free throws without a miss.
              Prior to Kareem's arrival in Westwood Wooden coached 2 national championship teams and after Kareem left Wooden coached 5 more NCAA winning teams.

But by Willjr's analogy, Wooden had nothing of value to offer Kareem. Maybe because Willjr doesn't know enough about John Wooden. Good thing for Lew Alcindor that he felt differently. Could be Willjr doesn't know enough about other posters here, as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary
                Is this william....r guy the old nutter Satch in disguise?
                This actually did make me LOL

Comment

God help me, sometimes I miss Satch. :twisted:

Comment

Originally posted by jhc68
                    Could be Willjr doesn't know enough about other posters here, as well.
                    That much is a given. Another given is that we do not know what level of lordly T&F talent we should be bowing to whenever wwjr blesses us with his gems of T&F knowledge. On a board where more than a few Olympic T&F participants post, we await the unveiling of the true talent that wwjr must be . . .

Comment

WE HAVE SOME TRACK PROMOTERS ON HERE THAT ARENT ON THEIR JOB!
                      yeah, TJ and dj are such slackers!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Uh for starters I know the historyof John Wooden,as a player,coach,etc,etc.What makes me laugh is when a recreational runner doesnt even think that someone might know a little more than them.Now thats funny.LOL

Comment

Marlow we have talked before.Keep jogging.LOL

Comment

Originally posted by william wind ham jr
                            Marlow we have talked before.Keep jogging.LOL
                            We obviously have NOT talked. I don't jog. Your middle name is apropos.

Comment

Your right,youwalk,but I gave you the benefit of..........We have talked.

Comment

Your right,youwalk,but I gave you the benefit of..........We have talked.
                                Wrong again! I thought we had talked! :roll:

Comment

Working...
                                X