Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How fast do you have to be to have a valid opinion? As a fan who no longer participates and doesn't officiate or coach, does my mile PR of 4:30 qualify me to talk about mile races? Does my 11m TJ PR mean I can't comment on the triple jump?

I am not fast enough. I obviously have no business daring to think I should even attempt to make a comment on anything at all!

[/tongue-in-cheek]

Comment

Originally posted by AthleticsInBritain
      does my mile PR of 4:30 qualify me to talk about mile races?
      Seeing as how you were six seconds slower than me, your opinion obviously has no standing . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
        Seeing as how you were six seconds slower than me, your opinion obviously has no standing . . . .
        I prostrate myself at your feet and consider myself grateful that you lay your pearls of wisdom before this unworthy swine.

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
          I prostrate myself at your feet and consider myself grateful that you lay your pearls of wisdom before this unworthy swine.
          That's more like it!

Comment

Should we all post our PRs in each event so we can prioritize who should bow to whom?
            Will we need authentication?

Comment

Originally posted by jhc68
              Should we all post our PRs in each event so we can prioritize who should bow to whom?
              No, I think we all just need to stop replying to Will and his ridiculous posts. If you don't feed the troll, the troll will go away.

Comment

Does my 11m TJ PR mean I can't comment on the triple jump?
                You can comment on two-thirds of the TJ threads!

Comment

jhc68 the only time you could post is dinner time.Will you be eating crow again?I will leave you in the dust,xc, 5000 meters,and definetly the10k.You are funny.LOL

Comment

Originally posted by STL_Runner
                    No, I think we all just need to stop replying to Will and his ridiculous posts. If you don't feed the troll, the troll will go away.
                    Let's keep this pearl of wisdom in a sticky somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy
                      Originally posted by STL_Runner
                      Let's keep this pearl of wisdom in a sticky somewhere.
                      I like the idea of having a petition to ban Will Jr. even more. It worked on DyeStat with the430miler.

Comment

STLrunner I could care less about being banned{LOL}Unlike you I actually have a life and my own business.You on the otherhand need a girlfriend and a life because you keep stalking me.I was born and raised in the bronx,so do you think a petition reallyy moves me?I will start my own forum,and we will talk about you by your real name.You should just coment on my topic otherwise leave the tough talk to grownups.

Comment

Daisy I have seen a picture of you,and you are the last person who should be calling someone a troll.Im going to see the movie Land of the lost starring you as a one of the sleestack LOL

Comment

William.... you need to keep your posts on this board to commenting on track and field....your inane comments about other posters is not only inappropriate but of bad taste and clearly out of harmony with the majority of posters on this board.

Comment

Re: Track and field needs publicity surgery

Originally posted by Marlow
                              Soccer, on the other hand, is all over these kids, via the state Youth Soccer associations. They hype our national teams, the MLS - regional, state and local competitions are well advertised.
                              Any idea how many of these kids become soccer fans? That seems to be the crux of the argument. Just because they play/run does not transfer to bums on seats.

Comment

Re: Track and field needs publicity surgery

Originally posted by Daisy
                                Any idea how many of these kids become soccer fans? That seems to be the crux of the argument. Just because they play/run does not transfer to bums on seats.
                                From my experience in Southern California during the past twenty years, a significantly larger number than track participants who become track fans. But it's really not comparing apples to apples. Football's local team, or famous foreign team, structure is a natural game to garner supporters. Track isn't, beyond us few fanatics. It's a crying shame that support has dwindled, but it is what it is. We'd better get used to it, in my opinion.

Whoever developed the AYSO bumper stickers seen on many cars is a first rate marketeer. PLAYSOCCER is a stroke of genius. But, all this talk about how it should be marketed better is, basically, coming from those who know nothing about marketing. Not that it will stop them of course...

Comment

Working...
                                X