Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bad news for Florida State [and now some good]

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • bad news for Florida State [and now some good]

    Makusha and Chibudu of FSU both failed to qualify yesterday in the long jump. Also frosh OConnor is injured and he did not run in the 400 and was a main component in the 4x4. Mens sprinter Bryram was also not in the 200 or 4x1. When it rains it pours.

  • #2
    Makusha will make it as at large selection. 6th on list.

    Comment


    • #3
      that was a brutal LJ: check out these names who didn't make the top 8:

      12. Makusha' (FlSt) 23-7¼ (7.19);… 14. Chibudu' (FlSt) 23-5½ (7.15); 15. Taylor (Fl) 23-5½;… 19. Morse (Mia) 22-10 (6.96).

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by gh
        that was a brutal LJ: check out these names who didn't make the top 8:

        12. Makusha' (FlSt) 23-7¼ (7.19);… 14. Chibudu' (FlSt) 23-5½ (7.15); 15. Taylor (Fl) 23-5½;… 19. Morse (Mia) 22-10 (6.96).
        Most of the jumpers look'd kinda flat which is why the distances weren't too impressive.

        Comment


        • #5
          Quite a few jumpers had off days this past weekend so there will be several added with at-large bids.

          Comment


          • #6
            none of the four guys I mentioned from the East made it in.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by gh
              none of the four guys I mentioned from the East made it in.
              I know Christian Taylor has a achilles injury.......probably better to have him sit this one out than push it and hurt himself even more.

              Comment


              • #8
                any news on what happened to these FSU athletes?.. were these all injuries?
                ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by paulthefan
                  any news on what happened to these FSU athletes?.. were these all injuries?
                  Most I believe were injuries. Makusha got hurt running the 60 during indoors, I suppose he still has not fully recovered. Braman, ever since he arrived, has the most conservative approach of any coach in the country in regards to over training, many athletes participate in one meet during the season just to get their standard and thats it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler
                    Makusha will make it as at large selection. 6th on list.
                    It turns out that they took only five and he didn't make it. Coach Braman is not pleased. Story on front page.
                    '

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I'm rather surprised Nogoni didn't make the cut.... :shock:

                      Despite having a subpar performance in Greensboro, he is the defending national champ and has one of the longest jumps in the country this year. Can any last minute appeals get him in?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Wow, FSU womens 4x4 dropped the ball this weekend, came in with the top time in the east, yet failed to qualify for nationals, despite conflicting articles saying they were in. Disappointing, its one thing to get the people through to nationals and they compete and still lose, its another to under perform and not even make it to nationals. The injuries are just bad luck (T Rodgers and C McGrone).

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by NumberCruncher
                          Wow, FSU womens 4x4 dropped the ball this weekend, came in with the top time in the east, yet failed to qualify for nationals, despite conflicting articles saying they were in. Disappointing, its one thing to get the people through to nationals and they compete and still lose, its another to under perform and not even make it to nationals. The injuries are just bad luck (T Rodgers and C McGrone).
                          FSU women's 4x4 is on the list, #10

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler
                            Originally posted by NumberCruncher
                            Wow, FSU womens 4x4 dropped the ball this weekend, came in with the top time in the east, yet failed to qualify for nationals, despite conflicting articles saying they were in. Disappointing, its one thing to get the people through to nationals and they compete and still lose, its another to under perform and not even make it to nationals. The injuries are just bad luck (T Rodgers and C McGrone).
                            FSU women's 4x4 is on the list, #10
                            The lastest womens form chart has Texas A & M at 10, with no FSU. I am I looking at the wrong one?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Think you are looking at the form chart (predicted finish)
                              I am looking at the ncaa declaration list of entrants (18 teams in 4x4)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X