Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 26mi235
    replied
    HigherEd, thanks for your informative posts.

Leave a comment:

• HigherEd
    replied
    no, not accurate

Coach Bramen's complaints had no bearing on the addition of the Florida State Long Jumper. Each year, the NCAA Committee "holds" back 4 athletes from the pool of 544 to make sure there are no mistakes or ties that got overlooked. The FSU staff was informed on Tuesday, just like all others in the waiting pool that most likely the athletes would be added on Thursday morning after the cap of 544 was reviewed. This is standard NCAA policy and is followed each year.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    two were added in LJ; also Coppage

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied
    Originally posted by gh
    There have been some late tweaks to the entries and I'm told that Makusha has been added.
    Braman's bitching hit a chord?

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    There have been some late tweaks to the entries and I'm told that Makusha has been added.

Leave a comment:

• NumberCruncher
    replied
    Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler
    Think you are looking at the form chart (predicted finish)
    I am looking at the ncaa declaration list of entrants (18 teams in 4x4)
    Thanks Bruce.

Leave a comment:

• Bruce Kritzler
    replied
    Think you are looking at the form chart (predicted finish)
    I am looking at the ncaa declaration list of entrants (18 teams in 4x4)

Leave a comment:

• NumberCruncher
    replied
    Originally posted by NumberCruncher
    Wow, FSU womens 4x4 dropped the ball this weekend, came in with the top time in the east, yet failed to qualify for nationals, despite conflicting articles saying they were in. Disappointing, its one thing to get the people through to nationals and they compete and still lose, its another to under perform and not even make it to nationals. The injuries are just bad luck (T Rodgers and C McGrone).
    FSU women's 4x4 is on the list, #10
    The lastest womens form chart has Texas A & M at 10, with no FSU. I am I looking at the wrong one?

Leave a comment:

• Bruce Kritzler
    replied
    Originally posted by NumberCruncher
    Wow, FSU womens 4x4 dropped the ball this weekend, came in with the top time in the east, yet failed to qualify for nationals, despite conflicting articles saying they were in. Disappointing, its one thing to get the people through to nationals and they compete and still lose, its another to under perform and not even make it to nationals. The injuries are just bad luck (T Rodgers and C McGrone).
    FSU women's 4x4 is on the list, #10

Leave a comment:

• NumberCruncher
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ndamix
    replied
    I'm rather surprised Nogoni didn't make the cut.... :shock:

Despite having a subpar performance in Greensboro, he is the defending national champ and has one of the longest jumps in the country this year. Can any last minute appeals get him in?

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    Makusha will make it as at large selection. 6th on list.
    It turns out that they took only five and he didn't make it. Coach Braman is not pleased. Story on front page.
    '

Leave a comment:

• NumberCruncher
    replied
    Originally posted by paulthefan
    any news on what happened to these FSU athletes?.. were these all injuries?
    Most I believe were injuries. Makusha got hurt running the 60 during indoors, I suppose he still has not fully recovered. Braman, ever since he arrived, has the most conservative approach of any coach in the country in regards to over training, many athletes participate in one meet during the season just to get their standard and thats it.

Leave a comment:

• paulthefan
    replied
    any news on what happened to these FSU athletes?.. were these all injuries?

Leave a comment:

• guruof track
    replied
    Originally posted by gh
    none of the four guys I mentioned from the East made it in.
    I know Christian Taylor has a achilles injury.......probably better to have him sit this one out than push it and hurt himself even more.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X