Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no sprinters in the West? [split]

Please tell me it ain't so, West Regional: m-100m heats eliminated only one athlete from the heats, and the 400m only two?

Originally posted by EPelle
    Please tell me it ain't so, West Regional: m-100m heats eliminated only one athlete from the heats, and the 400m only two?
    Eugene has only eight lanes, so there is no alternative unless the standard is raised.
    none

Comment

Cheers, have been there (competitor, fan). Wondered if there were no more than the nine men who had qualified for the m-100m or the 10 in the 400m. Apparently not, as they ran two heats of five and four, and five-five, respectively.

My shock is more over the continued lack of sprinting in the West year in and out. Should I even be shocked any longer? ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Gleason
        Originally posted by EPelle
        Cheers, have been there (competitor, fan). Wondered if there were no more than the nine men who had qualified for the m-100m or the 10 in the 400m. Apparently not, as they ran two heats of five and four, and five-five, respectively.

My shock is more over the continued lack of sprinting in the West year in and out. Should I even be shocked any longer? ;-)
        I agree that the West seems to lack depth. I suggested adding all states or parts of states that are in the Mountain time zone to the West a few months ago, but the Regional system seems to be changing.
        The west is bad in the sprints and the east is bad in the pole vault. The ladies who won the other 3 regions all jumped a foot higher than anyone from the East region, and it wasn't like anyone in the East Region was more than a few cm off their season best.

So in the end it balances out.

Comment

Working...
        X