Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ExCoastRanger
    It was a short-lived world leader, however. Three in Hengelo went faster.

1500 Metres - Women
    Pts
    1 Burka , Gelete ETH 3:58.79 10
    2 Alminova , Anna RUS 4:01.54 8
    3 Kibiwot , Viola KEN 4:02.70 7
    I don't think it ever was the WL. Samitova ran faster earlier that day.

Comment

Meant to write CWT.
      Where did Samitova run and what was the result? I missed that one.

Comment

It was the previous day (Friday), it was in Sochi, and she ran 4:03.62. A story on the performance appeared on the front page here on Saturday.

Comment

Thank you. Found it.
          The mark doesn't seem to be on the IAAF's world list.

Comment

Originally posted by ExCoastRanger
            CTW's face is always screwed with effort and concentration. It's just the way she rolls. But boy can she roll. That was a great mostly solo effort.
            She reminds me a little of Paula Radcliffe with those facial expressions. She is not pretty to watch as she does not have a smooth stroke so to speak, but she is fun to watch because she is a gutsy runner.

Comment

Originally posted by knite
              Didn't Wirth-Thomas run well in the early season last year only to not have anything left psot trials? I hope that isn't the case this yr if so!
              She ran:
              4:27.18 Mile at Tyson Indoor on February 15
              4:04.94 at Adidas on May 18
              4:04.88 at Pre on June 8
              4:08.48 at OT on July 6
              4:05.31 at Monaco on July 31
              4:09.70 at OG semi on August 21
              4:19.76 at Gateshead on August 31
              dnf at Lausanne on September 2

I just typed a few of her most important meets. It seems that she ran well until her last two meets after OG, so I wouldn't be surprised if she made the final at Berlin and broke 4:00 in 2009.
              none

Comment

Originally posted by Gleason
                Didn't Wirth-Thomas run well in the early season last year only to not have anything left psot trials? I hope that isn't the case this yr if so!
                She ran:
                4:27.18 Mile at Tyson Indoor on February 15
                4:04.94 at Adidas on May 18
                4:04.88 at Pre on June 8
                4:08.48 at OT on July 6
                4:05.31 at Monaco on July 31
                4:09.70 at OG semi on August 21
                4:19.76 at Gateshead on August 31
                dnf at Lausanne on September 2

I just typed a few of her most important meets. It seems that she ran well until her last two meets after OG, so I wouldn't be surprised if she made the final at Berlin and broke 4:00 in 2009.
                Yeah but she didn't improve after trials, she actually had gotten slower so I hope she takes some down time after the Nationals and retool for the 2nd half of the summer. 4:09 isn't gonna cut it in Berlin, neither is a 4:05!

Comment

Yeah but she didn't improve after trials, she actually had gotten slower so I hope she takes some down time after the Nationals and retool for the 2nd half of the summer. 4:09 isn't gonna cut it in Berlin, neither is a 4:05!
                  From the Front Page article (RW Racing News) of June 1

"We've been trying to train for August and September, so we don't know how I got fit so fast. As long as we're watching it (carefully), my coach and I are happy with where we're at...I just wanted to come through in 2:08 (for 800 meters) and see how I responded. We've been hitting 2:08 pace relatively easily in practice."

https://<span style="font-size:72px"...-l.html</span>

Comment

Running a windy and solo 4:03 in May shows she has the talent to be in the mix in a world 1500 final if she stays healthy.
                    phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
                      From the Front Page article (RW Racing News) of June 1

"We've been trying to train for August and September, so we don't know how I got fit so fast. As long as we're watching it (carefully), my coach and I are happy with where we're at...I just wanted to come through in 2:08 (for 800 meters) and see how I responded. We've been hitting 2:08 pace relatively easily in practice."

https://<span style="font-size:72px"...-l.html</span>
                      That's great news! I was worrying about that when I saw this great effort from her as she was going for it on the last lap. It was a great effort by her and very much alone.

Comment

Working...
                      X