Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half Miler
    replied
    Only 19yo; younger sister of Moses Masai.

Leave a comment:

• SQUACKEE
    replied
    Originally posted by AthleticsInBritain
    Originally posted by SQUACKEE
    Originally posted by jazzcyclist
    It's one thing to outkick Dibaba, but Masai beat her the hard way, by running her into the ground. I never thought I'd see the day that someone did that to Miss Follow-the-Leader.
    True, but a fit Dibaba is a 1/2 lap faster then the winning time today.
    As are Meseret Defar and Vivian Cheruyiot when at the top of their respective games. But still a seriously impressive run from Masai. Is she even 20 yet? She's a bit like Grace Jackson - it's an absolute joy to watch her run.
    Masai is one of the most beautiful runners i have ever seen and has potential world record talent but she is not gonna beat a healthy Dibaba in Berlin.

Leave a comment:

• AthleticsInBritain
    replied
    Thanks nevets!

According to the IAAF's athlete bios, not only did she conquer Dibaba, she knocked nearly 12 seconds off her PB as well! Her previous best was 14:47.14.

Leave a comment:

• nevetsllim
    replied
    Originally posted by AthleticsInBritain
    It's one thing to outkick Dibaba, but Masai beat her the hard way, by running her into the ground. I never thought I'd see the day that someone did that to Miss Follow-the-Leader.
    As are Meseret Defar and Vivian Cheruyiot when at the top of their respective games. But still a seriously impressive run from Masai. Is she even 20 yet? She's a bit like Grace Jackson - it's an absolute joy to watch her run.
    She's 20 in December.

Leave a comment:

• AthleticsInBritain
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SQUACKEE
    replied

Leave a comment:

• nevetsllim
    replied
    I'm quite happy about this result. Masai has so much potential and unlike quite a lot of the 5000m-oriented Kenyan runners, Linet is prepared to have a go. She has the most beautiful stride as well.

Leave a comment:

• jazzcyclist
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SQUACKEE
    replied
    Originally posted by EPelle
    Don't forget Dibaba got out-kicked by Defar in Dibaba's last loss at this distance.
    Yep, another great kicker.

Leave a comment:

• EPelle
    replied
    Don't forget Dibaba got out-kicked by Defar in Dibaba's last loss at this distance.

Leave a comment:

• SQUACKEE
    replied
    Originally posted by DecFan
    Masai is very young and quite impressive. Lots of potential. Don't give Dibaba the Berlin gold yet . . .
    Masai is an amazing talent and may one day have the world record but in a championship race the kickers win.

Leave a comment:

• DecFan
    replied
    Masai is very young and quite impressive. Lots of potential. Don't give Dibaba the Berlin gold yet . . .

Leave a comment:

• SQUACKEE
    replied
    Originally posted by lilwayne1814
    I guess the commentators forgot they told us this was DIBABA was coming back from 2 injuries and this was her first race of the year. Once the race was underway, the same commentators were basically acting as if she was in the Olympics and in great shape...lol :roll:
    Zacktly, she's not in shape, wait till worlds, in shape she can not be beat, period. :x

Leave a comment:

• EPelle
    replied
    1 Linet Masai Kenya 14:35.39A
    2 Tirunesh Dibaba Ethiopia 14:40.93A
    3 Genzebe Dibaba Ethiopia 15:00.79
    4 Kim Smith New Zealand 15:26.00
    5 Jen Rhines United States 15:32.39
    6 Julie Culley United States 15:41.13
    7 Katie McGregor United States 15:41.73
    8 Rene Baillie United States 15:58.16
    9 Delilah DiCrescenzo United States 16:14.21
    10 Maureen McCandless United States 16:23.27
    11 Meghan Armstrong United States 16:25.53
    -- Marina Muncan Serbia DNF
    -- Emily Brown United States DNF

Leave a comment:

• lilwayne1814
    replied
    I guess the commentators forgot they told us this was DIBABA was coming back from 2 injuries and this was her first race of the year. Once the race was underway, the same commentators were basically acting as if she was in the Olympics and in great shape...lol :roll:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X