Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Reebok GP M-100m [Rodgers 9,94w (+3,1); Powell Fades]

17.52 EST - M-100m: WL - 9,91 Usain Bolt (JAM)
    Entrants: (Two-races) Patton, Kimmons, Bailey, Armstrong, Powell, Carter, Frater, Barnes, Williams, Edward, Blake, Dixon, Perry, Thompson, Rogers, Mullings, Atkins, Padgett

'B' Race Results

Code:
    Finals                                                                        
      1 Yohan Blake                  Jamaica                  10.20  +0.0         
      2 Alonso Edward                Panama                   10.22  +0.0         
      3 Derrick Atkins               Bahamas                  10.23  +0.0 [10.226]
      4 Ivory Williams               United States            10.23  +0.0 [10.229]
      5 Trell Kimmons                United States            10.30  +0.0         
      6 Aaron Armstrong              Trinidad & Tobago        10.31  +0.0         
      7 Leroy Dixon                  United States            10.32  +0.0         
      8 Winston Barnes               Jamaica                  10.37  +0.0         
      9 Keston Bledman               Trinidad & Tobago        10.52  +0.0

Comment

Cool. Now we know who will make up heat 2 with Powell.

Comment

How can they run (seriously) that slowly in nil-wind conditions?

Comment

Originally posted by gh
          How can they run (seriously) that slowly in nil-wind conditions?
          Is it nil or wind gauge broken/covered? Mind you, I'd be surprised if they messed up the wind gauge, but stranger things have happened.

Comment

This is the second-closest Blake has gotten to nill wind, so the time really does stink compared to his PB 10,07 with 0,1 m/s.

Comment

They just ran slow. Happens en masse sometimes.

Comment

Well everyone ran slow in this race. You have DA, LD in the race too and Blake beat them. That should hold some water...I think.

Comment

"He has the physical tools to destroy Usain Bolt..."

That might be the single dumbest thing I've heard all week long

Comment

Rodgers wins in 9.93!

Becca should be pleased!

Comment

Wind was +3.1

Comment

Originally posted by croflash

Nah. Powell's run 9.7x enough times to show he could be at least Bolt's equal over 100m. Maybe not 'destroy him', but I put the phrase down to hyperbole! He's got the physical qualities, not the mental.

The dumbest thing said so far was the commentator giving the moment of the meet to Allyson Felix's win.

Comment

Originally posted by AthleticsInBritain
                          The dumbest thing said so far was the commentator giving the moment of the meet to Allyson Felix's win.
                          They did that so they could follow with "Athlete of the Meet: Tyson Gay".

Comment

Originally posted by AthleticsInBritain
                            Originally posted by croflash

Nah. Powell's run 9.7x enough times to show he could be at least Bolt's equal over 100m. Maybe not 'destroy him', but I put the phrase down to hyperbole! He's got the physical qualities, not the mental.

Moment of the meet might have been a Nutralite thing, as opposed to the commentators. Visa did give the athlete of the meet to Gay, though. I know, that's the tradeoff of spotlight and sponsorship, but..........

Comment

Lot of upsets today. Powell better get healthy or get his head straight. He looks completely disinterested.
                              http://img2.pict.com/c9/f0/bf/2845608/0/b.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X