Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Powell's healthy, he is not the type of guy that is going to run less than 90%...he even stated that he was ready like a week or 2 ago.

Its time for us to begin to accept the obvious. We're beginning to make as many excuses for him as his camp has done in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by knite
      Powell's healthy, he is not the type of guy that is going to run less than 90%...he even stated that he was ready like a week or 2 ago.

Its time for us to begin to accept the obvious. We're beginning to make as many excuses for him as his camp has done in the past.
      But this is new for Powell. Normally he shows up big in the invitational meets. It's championship meets that have given where he's been MIA in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzcyclist

But this is new for Powell. Normally he shows up big in the invitational meets. It's championship meets that have given where he's been MIA in the past.
        I wonder why doesnt AP continue to compete in those situations?

We've seen it before...people get out in front of him or he feels them beside him at 50-60 meters and maybe feels he wont win so he shuts it down without finishing the race.

I'm not talking about relays although it seemed like the same thing at Penn; but I accept that he said he was injured.

I don't think he wanted people to see him run hard through the line, run 10 flat , and finish 5th.

He'd rather pull up as though something went wrong. To me thats not the best way to acknowledge your competitors and what they accomplished.

Didnt he say he wasnt injured?

I'm an AP fan but that stuff disappoints me.
        The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy

We've seen it before...people get out in front of him or he feels them beside him at 50-60 meters and maybe feels he wont win so he shuts it down without finishing the race.

I'm not talking about relays although it seemed like the same thing at Penn; but I accept that he said he was injured.

I don't think he wanted people to see him run hard through the line, run 10 flat , and finish 5th.

He'd rather pull up as though something went wrong. To me thats not the best way to acknowledge your competitors and what they accomplished.

Exactly, and at some point, from a competitive standpoint, its very disappointing as a fan.

Comment

thats exactly what he does, thats why i don't have a lot of respect for him, unlike gay, who came of an injury in beijing, and still ran his hardest to try and make the finals, powell woulda just jogged

Comment

Saturday was a test for the ankle, nothing more. The ankle did not hurt, but it felt weak. Understandable. At least for some.
              Regards,
              toyracer

Comment

I'm not ready to write Asafa off just yet (atleast as a circuit runner). He will ATLEAST run 9.8 this season, barring injury.

Comment

Originally posted by guruof track
                  I'm not ready to write Asafa off just yet (atleast as a circuit runner). He will ATLEAST run 9.8 this season, barring injury.
                  I don't think anyone should write Asafa off, he will run well, but no longer does he have any edge. The rest of the filed doesn't hold him in a light where they are afraid to run/challenge him.

Comment

I don't think anyone should write Asafa off, he will run well, but no longer does he have any edge. The rest of the filed doesn't hold him in a light where they are afraid to run/challenge him.
                    Were they ever?

Comment

I guess this is were we may have differed on Asafa in the past, he never had the edge, in my book, atleast never had it in any meaningful race.

Comment

[quote=guruof track]
                        Originally posted by "guruof track":nltvbn3m
                        I guess this is were we may have differed on Asafa in the past, he never had the edge, in my book, atleast never had it in any meaningful race.[/quote:nltvbn3m]

He DID have an edge, a mental edge on folks because he was lights out on the comp 99% of the time. That's diminished in the last 2 yrs!

Comment

He DID have an edge, a mental edge on folks because he was lights out on the comp 99% of the time. That's diminished in the last 2 yrs!
                          He had a mental edge in Championship races??? I see nothing to support that claim. As a circuit runner he had an edge, but when you put multiple rounds in the equation Asafa has always been Texas Toast......going all the way abck to Paris in 03.

Comment

He had a mental edge in Championship races??? I see nothing to support that claim. As a circuit runner he had an edge, but when you put multiple rounds in the equation Asafa has always been Texas Toast......going all the way abck to Paris in 03.
                            yea but in the championships, we all thought he was going to win, and i really don't think its the rounds, its just the pressure

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon18

yea but in the championships, we all thought he was going to win, and i really don't think its the rounds, its just the pressure
                              Since when did we sum all of Asafa's efforts to "championship races...

ur not looking like a guru when u change the argument to fit your own specific idea.....lol

Now, as it stood, Asafa had a clear edge on the comp in '06-'07 amd 99% of the comp in '08, prior to major meetings.

Again, that is no longer of any value to him, as no one fears him.

Comment

Originally posted by croflash
                                "He has the physical tools to destroy Usain Bolt..."

That might be the single dumbest thing I've heard all week long
                                :lol:

I like Ato but I agree that was dumb. :lol:
                                Ato does not have a big mouth for nothing. Ato gets paid and recognition for being controversial and/or mollycuddlish where relevant. Ato has dabbled in politics and knows the ropes. Ato is raking it in. Ato mind works faster than he could move between 100m. Ato is slick. We best pay him no mind

Comment

Working...
                                X