Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tandfman
    Originally posted by Bruce Kritzler
    But the winner here looked even worse in his last race than AW did here. (end quote)

Manzano ran 3:55 mile last weekend in St. Louis.
    Yes, after his last two races, I'm guessing that he had a cold or something in Carson. He's obviously in very good shape.
    In addition, Manzano's poor race was one race. That is not the case with Webb, who's demonstrated the ability to come up with a virtual no show before.

Comment

Webb looks like a block of wood running. One of those old Wooden Indians would look less stiff.

Comment

How many chapters have been written about Webb, can the book finally be closed?
        on the road

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst
          How many chapters have been written about Webb, can the book finally be closed?
          I believe he has about two years to make his mark again - this year (which is not looking particularly good thus far) and next. Yes, I know he's only 26 and should have many years ahead of him, but he should be at the zenith of his career right now and he's clearly not. Some athletes peak early in their careers and their bodies only give them a few years to perform at the top level. There are exceptions of course - case in point is Bernard Lagat who continues to enjoy a brilliant career well into his 30's. But they are just that - exceptions. It's very possible we may have seen the best of AW. But...........it's possible he may surprise us once again. We shall see.

Comment

Working...
          X