Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• knite
    replied
    Keep in mind that Hardee would harldy be peaking this early in the season, I'd look for his sprinting to improve and his 1500m running to improve at least by about 5 or so seconds.He was walloped in that 150mm race by 22 sec's so he left a lot of room for himself to be caught.

Have no fear, Berlin is the the goal!

Leave a comment:

• Brettboy
    replied
    I must say after her indoor form I was surprised that Dobrynska did so well, although maybe that was naive after her 08 breakthrough! She had a fantastic second day here, including that great 2:12 PB at 800 which has been largely overlooked. Though 2:12 doesn't seem great, it is for her, as she used to drag herself round in 2:16 at best. This shows she just needs to sharpen her 100mh and HJ and she'll be back to near 6,700 come Berlin.

Tight results for the German women...Schwarzkopf did well to come back with 6.30 in the LJ which is her weakest event and as usual the JT saved her. If she can get back to 1.80 in the HJ and repeat her SP best she'll be much better in Berlin. Though I havent seen the meet yet, she mentioned something about the wind on the back straight in the 800 sapping her, so I imagine she went off fairly hard as usual and faded some, so can see a few secs off the 800 time too.

Great result from Machtig as expected, as with Dobrynska if she can tidy up her first two events she can improve, all her events after those were very good. a sub 14 100mh is absolutely necessary as it's that event that scores the most points for heptathletes, along with the LJ.

I'm not quite sure what to think about a Ukranian 1-2-3 here. I don't think anyone expected that.

I was only saying it was about time a German man came through and see what happens Schrader's training results have been very good. If he can use the crowd in Berlin (assuming he gets selected) he can challenge.

Ratingen will now be very interesting on the women's front. If Schulz can't get fit before then it should be these 3 that get selected, but if Sotherton does start as rumoured it will be a good match.

Overall his is all good news for Ennis though, especially with Chernov'a poor showing. Surely it's a UK v USA v UKR battle for medals now? Unless Bogdanova is doing some special in training I dont see Russia on the rostrum in Berlin.

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied
    Originally posted by paulthefan
    should be . . . should be . . .
    ah yes, the shoulda/woulda/oughtas of the Deca World! :wink:

Leave a comment:

• paulthefan
    replied
    FWIW, Hardee should be worth an 8700 every week of the summer. His 400m should be 1 second faster than his PR and the 1500m should be a 700point event for him.

Leave a comment:

• proofs in the pudd'in
    replied
    Before anyone reads that wrong I meant kick his ass in training - endurance.

Leave a comment:

• proofs in the pudd'in
    replied
    So Hardee got 655 pts for that 1500 - he has alot of room to improve there why hasn't he??? If I were his coach I kick his ass - I know he can improve that - there is no excuse not even if he is 190 lbs. He should have known this to be his weakness and been working hard on it.

Leave a comment:

• Marlow
    replied
    Cleaning it up:

1 Michael Schrader 8522
    2 Trey Hardee 8516
    3 Pascal Behrenbruch 8374
    4 Roman Šebrle 8348
    5 Oleksiy Kasyanov 8286

1 Nataliya Dobrynska 6558
    2 Hanna Melnychenko 6445
    3 Lyudmyla Yosypenko 6361
    4 Lilli Schwarzkopf 6337
    5 Julia Mächtig 6320
    6 Jennifer Oeser 6320

Leave a comment:

• Half Miler
    replied
    Originally posted by gh
    He weighs 190 pounds.
    Same as John Walker. 8-)

Leave a comment:

• DecFan
    replied
    Hardee had a great competition, coming within 18 points of his PR. Schrader had a phenomenal competition. Had Hardee run the 1500 1 second faster, they would have tied; 1.11 seconds faster, he would have won.

Wish I had been there . . .

Leave a comment:

• Dave
    replied
    Originally posted by nbonaddio
    Originally posted by Double R Bar
    Great competition and very good last two events for Schrader.
    Are we chalking this up as a win for Schrader, or a loss for Hardee?
    A win for Schrader and a great meet for Hardee perhaps?

Let's see what Hardee has later in the season. At what age do decathletes typically peak?

Leave a comment:

• tandfman
    replied
    FWIW, Hardee ran within two seconds of his PR.

Leave a comment:

• nbonaddio
    replied
    Originally posted by Double R Bar
    Are we chalking this up as a win for Schrader, or a loss for Hardee?

Leave a comment:

• pauluk63
    replied
    good start from Dobrynska, though her ukraine team mates where not too far behind.

though the long jump was wind assisted it shows that Bejing was know fluke and she can easily throw another 2 meters in the shot, also 2:12 for the 800 is fantastic! Great start she is still a huge danger.

Leave a comment:

• Double R Bar
    replied

Leave a comment:

• croflash
    replied
    Lots of positive signs ten weeks before Berlin and this is another one. I didn't have much hope for the general state of German athletics last year, but with the emergence of some new faces, possible reemergence of some veterans and homecourt advantage the future as well as the chances for this year are looking a lot brighter.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X