• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedfirst
    replied
    Originally posted by onlooker
    Originally posted by Speedfirst
    Maybe hating was harsh on my part, I'm not saying based upon yesterdays peformance that the U.S. will dominate Worlds. What I am stating is what I stated, the U.S. dropped the gauntlet yesterday, put some folks on notice, this year won't be a duplication of the Olympics.

I thought they drop the gauntlet at US. Champs last year with those times and we all know how that worked out... we'll see.can't wait.

One thing of note; many of JA. athletes are nursing injuries...is this true or not?

One Love!
    You run against the clock, was the clock nursing injuries? LOL

What does last year have to do with yesterday?

You obviously lacks comprehension. the clock comment is irrelevant...what about my statement don't you understand? If you have no answer to the question don't attempt to post an answer.
    Really.... well Bolt has the world record because he ran against the clock, wrap your comprehensive skills around that.

Again what does last year have to do with this year? Because if the year before meant anything, Gay would be the Olympic 100 & 200m champ, again wrap your comprehensive skills around that...LOL

By the way, the this thread isn't about the U.S. versus Jamaica, what does who is injured for Jamaica have to with anything? You don't run against folks not at the meet.

P.S. it's lack, not lacks.....watch out before you start throwing stones.

Leave a comment:

• onlooker
    replied
    Maybe hating was harsh on my part, I'm not saying based upon yesterdays peformance that the U.S. will dominate Worlds. What I am stating is what I stated, the U.S. dropped the gauntlet yesterday, put some folks on notice, this year won't be a duplication of the Olympics.

I thought they drop the gauntlet at US. Champs last year with those times and we all know how that worked out... we'll see.can't wait.

One thing of note; many of JA. athletes are nursing injuries...is this true or not?

One Love!

You obviously lacks comprehension. the clock comment is irrelevant...what about my statement don't you understand? If you have no answer to the question don't attempt to post an answer.

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied

One Love!

Leave a comment:

• onlooker
    replied

One Love!

Leave a comment:

• AthleticsInBritain
    replied
    Originally posted by RamGoat
    Don't get too antsy now! We still have a few months left!
    What does that have to do with yesterday?
    Well, I suppose you could say yesterday was the opening sentence of the statement, but the last period and paragraph won't be finished until after the Worlds in Berlin?

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied
    Originally posted by RamGoat
    What does that have to do with yesterday?

Leave a comment:

• RamGoat
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied
    Originally posted by AthleticsInBritain
    Just admit it guys, you won't be happy until you win all the sprint golds again! :lol:
    Hahaha, way to take things outta of context.

I am content with having the most medals in practically every Worlds and Olympics....LOL

P.S. U.S. athletes (notice athletes not sprinters) still made a statement on yesterday 8-)

Leave a comment:

• AthleticsInBritain
    replied
    Just admit it guys, you won't be happy until you win all the sprint golds again! :lol:

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied
    Originally posted by Half Miler
    Whether or not an athlete is attempting to make a statement or not, their performance will determine that.

How someone else, another athlete or otherwise intreprets that is another story.
    This is exactly my point. It seemed that you were conferring "intent" on the part of the athlete, which I think, for the most part, is not there. Apologies if that was not your intent.
    No conferring on my part, of course we do know some athletes attempt to make a statement based upon their performance. However the point of the thread was to simply point out what the U.S. athletes ( in general) were able to produce on yesterday and in my opinion was a statement performance. 8-)

Leave a comment:

• Half Miler
    replied
    Whether or not an athlete is attempting to make a statement or not, their performance will determine that.

How someone else, another athlete or otherwise intreprets that is another story.
    This is exactly my point. It seemed that you were conferring "intent" on the part of the athlete, which I think, for the most part, is not there. Apologies if that was not your intent.

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied
    Originally posted by frontrunner
    Got to give it to the Empire. They kicked the J'can's arse (good enough for Chaucher so do not edit) yesterday.

The Empire's efforts was even more impressive because Jamaica had the home field advantage.

But the proof of the pudding is in Berlin.

One love.
    Obviously you have read into this thread ( my comments) whatever it is you wanted to.

Why would you take it personal, as if what happened yesterday had anything at all to do with Jamaica?

Was there a dual meet yesterday between the U.S. and Jamaica that only you were aware of? Remember when you still do a medal count from Beijing, the U.S. still came out on top

Leave a comment:

• BCBaroo
    replied
    All nit-picking aside. I have been impressed by our (US) sprinters thus far.

08 was in incredible year by the Jamaicans (and they may very well repeat or outdo so at Berlin)... but no matter what, I just don't think they can be as deep as US (like 25+ depth). So if any Jamaicans struggle there can be some USA-nians to step up. I mean, was anyone talking about Rodgers as a medal hopeful before this season began? As was stated on a separate thread, he has to at least be in the conversation now.

A simultaneous question is: Did the Jamaicans get big headed after Beijing while the Americans dug down deeper? Just a question, not an accusation, after all, this season has just begun.

Leave a comment:

• frontrunner
    replied
    Got to give it to the Empire. They kicked the J'can's arse (good enough for Chaucher so do not edit) yesterday.

The Empire's efforts was even more impressive because Jamaica had the home field advantage.

But the proof of the pudding is in Berlin.

One love.

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied

Anyone would be naive to think that other competing athletes didn't notice what the U.S. athletes did on yesterday. For one that does get your attention, with the thought that it is still early and two, some impressive times were dropped already.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X