Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T&FN Records Question

I have a question for gh or whoever knows how the TFN Records Committee works, but of course anyone else is welcome to chime in with their comments (like I could stop you Marlow!).

There are two sets of HS records... the NFHS recognized records, which are only those set during the HS season, with a few stipulations thrown in, and then the T&FN records which recognizes marks through August 31st (and also a few stipulations thrown in).

Would T&FN accept a High School Record set at a Beach or Street Vault? Assume the beach vault is a well-attended, well-established event, there are 3 USATF officials present, the bar is properly measured, the runway is level, and everything else in order.

Re: T&FN Records Question

Originally posted by polevaultpower
    I have a question for . . . Marlow
    You rang?

In the olden days that was called an exhibition and was included separately with an 'exh' designation. I bet T&FN has mellowed and would include it in a list now, but still not accept it as a record.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
      I have a question for . . . Marlow
      You rang?

In the olden days that was called an exhibition and was included separately with an 'exh' designation. I bet T&FN has mellowed and would include it in a list now, but still not accept it as a record.
      Donetsk is essentially an indoor street vault and many world records have been set there.

Comment

Donetsk is essentially an indoor street vault and many world records have been set there.
        Indoor, being the operative word, since MANY indoor venues have raised runways. I am certainly not arguing against you. If all the other proper criteria are met, I'm in favor of it counting.

Comment

Would T&FN accept a High School Record set at a Beach or Street Vault? Assume the beach vault is a well-attended, well-established event, there are 3 USATF officials present, the bar is properly measured, the runway is level, and everything else in order.
          In a heartbeat.... T&FN is all about promoting the sport, not trying to stifle it.

Comment

Having said that, we wish we didn't hear so many stories about custom-made vault competitions where people generate hard-to-duplicate results.

(not naming any names, but.....)

Comment

Originally posted by gh
              Having said that, we wish we didn't hear so many stories about custom-made vault competitions where people generate hard-to-duplicate results.

The pole vault community as a whole doesn't like meets like those either.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                Could the initials be LJ (and not LoJo!)?

Comment

Indoor, being the operative word, since MANY indoor venues have raised runways. I am certainly not arguing against you. If all the other proper criteria are met, I'm in favor of it counting.
                  But now indoors marks can set the overall WR, so where is the reasoning on purity?

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                    Not remotely; we're talking modern.

Comment

Oh hell. I'm not afraid of naming names.

LJ is Larry Jessee, and his El Paso events (featuring bungee-cord bars and few entrants) yielded many a whopper back in the day (late '70s, mostly). :roll:

K E N
                      K E N

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
                        But now indoors marks can set the overall WR, so where is the reasoning on purity?
                        But NOT if there is a raised runway.

Comment

Where can I view the national federation records? Can't seem to find them on the T&FN site, or maybe I'm not looking in the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by vip
                            Where can I view the national federation records? Can't seem to find them on the T&FN site, or maybe I'm not looking in the right place.
                            They're in several places around the net; here's one:

http://www.piaa.org/assets/web/document ... rds_09.pdf

Comment

Pretty sure, gh is referring to the "hey, I'm having a hell of a practice and you're a certified official, let's have a meet starting right now!" marks that show up.

Comment

Working...
                              X