Wignall Maurice JAM 17-04-1976 13.17
    Noga Artur POL 02-05-1988 13.34
    Scott Allan GBR 27-12-1982 13.53
    Turner Andy GBR 19-09-1980 13.27
    Herring Aubrey USA 19-09-1978 13.30
    Bownes Shaun RSA 24-10-1970 13.26
    Svoboda Petr SCE 10-10-1984 13.29

Turner wins it with 13.30 (+0,4)!
    Really good running last 4-5 hurdles. Sedoc and Wignall DQ for false start.
    Sedoc applausing the audience when leaving the field...what's with them hurdlers...?

Comment

Originally posted by IFK_Vaxjo
      Scott wins it with 13.31!
      Sedoc applausing the audience when leaving the field...what's with them hurdlers...?
      It was Andy Turner who won. He's been in really good form this year and is destined to break his lifetime best of 13.27.

He was hugely unlucky at the world champs in 2007 because he was in the same semi-final as Liu and Robles (and Oliver, who was behind him.)
      http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

Originally posted by nevetsllim
        Originally posted by IFK_Vaxjo
        It was Andy Turner who won. He's been in really good form this year and is destined to break his lifetime best of 13.27.

He was hugely unlucky at the world champs in 2007 because he was in the same semi-final as Liu and Robles (and Oliver, who was behind him.)

Yepp edited it above...mixed up the UK boys. Scott btw last at 13,91 or something like that.

Comment

[quote=IFK_Vaxjo]
          Originally posted by nevetsllim
          Originally posted by "IFK_Vaxjo":wc7el25f

Yepp edited it above...mixed up the UK boys. Scott btw last at 13,91 or something like that.[/quote:wc7el25f]

but scott gets UK funding but Turner nothing !!! go figure
          i deserve extra credit

Comment

Originally posted by mump boy

Whilst I agree in theory, the kick up the arse it's given Andy Turner is MOST WELCOME...!

Comment

Originally posted by lalala
              Originally posted by mump boy

Whilst I agree in theory, the kick up the arse it's given Andy Turner is MOST WELCOME...!
              But at the same time, it's a bit disappointing that it has taken something like this to motivate him :?

Comment

I have no problem with Andy Turner being taken off funding but why on earth is Allan Scott still on it?? Didn't they both appeal and Allen get reinstated but Andy not? What was the explanation for that ludicrous decision?

Comment

Originally posted by Flumpy
                  I have no problem with Andy Turner being taken off funding but why on earth is Allan Scott still on it?? Didn't they both appeal and Allen get reinstated but Andy not? What was the explanation for that ludicrous decision?
                  I guess it's probably because he made the world indoor final in Valencia but I think it's ridiculous because he has no chance of making a world outdoor or Olympic final, unlike Andy.

I also think Jenny Meadows is on a lower tier of funding than Scott too!

Comment

Andy was hurt! The UKA knew it and he was still the top UK hurdler by far. There's a very thin justification for taking him off. And now it looks like that is the reason he is running well. It is horseshit. He would have run this well period. I know him and his coach, and I was around them the last few years. He ahs had a healthy season and we see the result.
                    The lottery issue is overblown. It has reversed itself now, now all the athletes are running scared and feeling blackmailed into running for their checks. The EXACT opposite affect those in charge were hoping have. It has turned into a backwards situation. Until someone says the hell with the funding we will see athletes running a lot of relays to maintain their relay status

Comment

Working...
                    X