Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CIF - Clovis CA - Women's 3200 race gearing up..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CIF - Clovis CA - Women's 3200 race gearing up..

Hehehehe....
    Looking at the qualifying times and the names on the list it looks like everyone's sand-bagging it.
    Resting up for a shot at the champ.

And you KNOW The Champ won't be settling for a sprint finish.

Look at the 3200 qual times at the bottom of the link.

Event 17 Girls 3200 Meter Run:
    http://www.dyestatcal.com/?pg=dyestatca ... 219015e2be

I'm predicting a lot of PRs for a lot of those gals.
    Lots of laps in the 74 - 75 range and then boom!
    A field of 6 whittled down to a field of 3.
    Jordan, Dunne and Mahoney.
    I love track!

Over on the boys side I don't think as much sandbagging has been going on. 15 athletes under 9:10. I saw Erik Olson run his 8:55 this past weekend, running alone for the last 3+ laps. It did not look sandbaggish.

1 Olson, Erik 11 Novato/nc 8:55.06
    2 Wooff, Heyden 10 Camarillo/ss 8:57.66
    3 McElroy, Matt 11 Edison(HB)ss 8:59.91
    4 Pons, Sam 10 S Pasadena 9:00.95
    5 Nelson, Western 12 Burr Bur/ss 9:04.19
    6 Chavez, Isaac 12 Barstow/ss 9:04.50
    7 Torres, Zack 12 Cres. Vly/ss 9:04.85
    8 Moussa, Ammar 10 Arcadia/ss 9:06.06
    9 Jarvis, Collin 12 Rnch Buna/sd 9:06.24
    10 Ramirez, Noe 12 Vis. Murrieta 9:06.59
    11 Wolfsmith, Lance 12 Sobrato 9:07.10
    12 Schmidt, Cody 12 Redondo /ss 9:07.71
    13 Rowe, Garrett 11 MountainV/cc 9:08.17
    14 Rosales, Daniel 11 Apple Vl/ss 9:08.96
    15 lockert, sterling 12 Petaluma/nc 9:09.48

Comment

Yeah I saw that.
      Fifteen under 9:10!
      Back in my day I was still putting on my shoes when the clock hit 9:10!
      This is going to be a heck of a 3200 as well.
      Will it be streaming somewhere!!?!?
      I'm on the wrong coast.
      Gotta get home one of these days soon!

Comment

Re: CIF - Clovis CA - Women's 3200 race gearing up..

Originally posted by carlosreyes2k
        Jordan, Dunne and Mahoney.
        Unfortunately, something is not right with Dunne at the moment - last Friday she led the field at 3000, and then finished in 42 seconds for the last half lap. We had heard ahead of time that she was not at her best, and that race appeared to confirm it.

On the other hand, Jordan is said to be slowly rounding into form, and this could be a race where she wants to test herself to see where she is.

Fortunately, it is beginning to look like the weather will be reasonably conducive to distance running on Saturday. Who would have expected that in Fresno? (And Reggie Wyatt grinds his teeth . . . . . )

Comment

Originally posted by cigar95
          On the other hand, Jordan is said to be slowly rounding into form, and this could be a race where she wants to test herself to see where she is.
          Her last stab at Kim Mortensen's 8:48.59 HSR . . .

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
            Where was I when Mortensen ran that fast???

Comment

Kim ran that 9:48 a week before the state meet correct?
              Or was it at Arcadia?

Comment

Originally posted by carlosreyes2k
                Kim ran that 9:48 a week before the state meet correct?
                Or was it at Arcadia?
                Yes, KM ran 9:48 at the Masters Meet, the week prior to state. I remember it well - 4:54-4:54. An amazing (entirely solo) performance.

Then she ran 9:52 the next week at State, with Julia Stamps doing her best through six laps to hang with her before her conditioning problems got the best of her and she had to let go.

We'll see how interested Jordan is in going after this record - my guess is that no one else in the field is within 30-40 seconds of this sort of performance, so Jordan's best hope might be running at the Oakland and San Francisco runners who she figures to lap sometime in the midst of lap 7 if she's going hard.

Comment

We'll see how interested Jordan is in going after this record - my guess is that no one else in the field is within 30-40 seconds of this sort of performance, so Jordan's best hope might be running at the Oakland and San Francisco runners who she figures to lap sometime in the midst of lap 7 if she's going hard.
                  No Oakland or San Francisco section runners in the field. For years now, they have used their own "minimum" standards for their section winners to determine if they send them to the State meet.

Comment

Originally posted by gm
                    Originally posted by bad hammy
                    What's a minute or two here and there between friends??

Comment

Originally posted by Ernest Lee
                      No Oakland or San Francisco section runners in the field. For years now, they have used their own "minimum" standards for their section winners to determine if they send them to the State meet.
                      Right you are. (Surprising, since I thought CIF regulations required them to send an athlete if they wanted to go.)

Looking at the performance list, there are a few Northern and LA City Section runners that should be in Jordan's sights by the final lap. So if she wants something to run at, there should be some targets.

Comment

Thank heavens those "minimum" standards didn't exist when I was in high school in SF! For the record, I was NOT lapped in the 3200, although I had a good view of the finish from just across the track...

Comment

Right you are. (Surprising, since I thought CIF regulations required them to send an athlete if they wanted to go.)

Looking at the performance list, there are a few Northern and LA City Section runners that should be in Jordan's sights by the final lap. So if she wants something to run at, there should be some targets.
                          Yes, but the boys race does not take place at the same time! :wink:

Comment

[quote=bad hammy]
                            Originally posted by gm
                            Originally posted by "bad hammy":1c0tucj4
                            What's a minute or two here and there between friends??[/quote:1c0tucj4]

Thank you, bh, for actually seeing my point :lol:

Comment

Working...
                            X