Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know who's running in the Pre 100m and 300m yet? [yes

The meet is only 4 days away, and I still don't know which sprinters are supposed to be going to it, and which events they will run.

Anyone know who will be running in the mens 100m and 300m races at Prefontaine yet?

Their website doesn't say yet, but I know a lot of you guys know some of the athletes or friends or family of the athletes and often have the inside scoop a little ahead of time.

Anyone know anything yet?

Is Tyson going? If so, is he running the 100 or the 300?

Thanks

Tyson Gay will not be running. There will be 2 heats of the 100 with Asafa Powell and I believe 2 other members of the 4x1 Jamaican relay team. Others include Richard Thompson, Mike Rodgers, Shawn Crawford, Travis Padgett and Ryan Bailey to name a few. Darvis Patton was in but may have scratched due to his wife having a baby. I am not sure if Dix will run although I think he was originally slated to. I am omitting a couple but its late and I can't recall like I should.

The 300 looks interesting with Merritt, Wariner, Spearman and Xavier Carter headlining.

Comment

Do you know for sure that Gay isn't running the 100???because i saw an interview and he said he might do it, he wasn't planning on doing any other races till the trials but hes considering it. I think helped by the fact asafa came 7th in his last race.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikewats
        Do you know for sure that Gay isn't running the 100???because i saw an interview and he said he might do it, he wasn't planning on doing any other races till the trials but hes considering it. I think helped by the fact asafa came 7th in his last race.
        Wouldn't Tyson have been more interested in running the 100 at Pre if Asafa had done WELL in his race at Reebok, and not the other way around?

I mean, maybe Asafa doesn't like having strong opponents in his races, but I'm pretty sure Tyson does.

Comment

Depends really, if Asafa had run a 9.7x the wkend gone it would mean Gay would have a very tough time defeating him and probably would lose. A loss in your record doesnt look good. Now if Tyson wins meaning hes undefeated, then goes and runs some crazy times at the US trials, meaning a huge pay-out for a match up against Bolt at a big European meet.

If Gay loses, but still wins US trials in quick times i doubt his stock is worth as much. Thats why i think he might play it safe and not run it.

Asafa vs Bolt has been seen many times already, what was it 4 times last year, they'll both compete at Jam trials as well. Gay vs Bolt is the big match-up of the year. Gay needs to be undefeated to make the big showdown worth more imo

Comment

Originally posted by westcoasttiger
            Tyson Gay will not be running. There will be 2 heats of the 100 with Asafa Powell and I believe 2 other members of the 4x1 Jamaican relay team. Others include Richard Thompson, Mike Rodgers, Shawn Crawford, Travis Padgett and Ryan Bailey to name a few. Darvis Patton was in but may have scratched due to his wife having a baby. I am not sure if Dix will run although I think he was originally slated to. I am omitting a couple but its late and I can't recall like I should.

The 300 looks interesting with Merritt, Wariner, Spearman and Xavier Carter headlining.
            Any idea on who's running in the women's 100 and 400?

Comment

No 300m is interesting. Why waste time on a non-distance?

Comment

Originally posted by unclezadok
                I'm still scratching my head over this 300!

Comment

Originally posted by einnod23
                  Because it's a no-lose situation for them - it's not on their 400 record, and speculation for USATF will be enhanced by the results. Besides, I (and others) DO want to see what they can do at 300 (near-WR?).

Comment

The 300 would seem to be optimal for LM and X. The 200 is just a little short for LM (he is good, but top-10, not top-1) and he is faster than JW, whose 'optimal curve' is probably at a longer distance then LM, and might be at a number higher than 400 (but surely well less than 800 :wink: ). X is so good over a wide range without being better at any one. It makes me think that his not-yet-duplicated 200 bomb was indicative of what is best for his engine/cardio/muscle set up, if not for his knees.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
                      The 300 would seem to be optimal for LM and X. The 200 is just a little short for LM (he is good, but top-10, not top-1) and he is faster than JW, whose 'optimal curve' is probably at a longer distance then LM, and might be at a number higher than 400 (but surely well less than 800 :wink: ). X is so good over a wide range without being better at any one. It makes me think that his not-yet-duplicated 200 bomb was indicative of what is best for his engine/cardio/muscle set up, if not for his knees.
                      If X is even in decent shape, he should blow off the doors of everyone else in the race. But that 'if' always seems to dog him. He will have another jaw-dropping result in the future; it's just really hard to gauge which event it will be in, and when that might be.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                        Originally posted by einnod23
                        Because it's a no-lose situation for them - it's not on their 400 record, and speculation for USATF will be enhanced by the results. Besides, I (and others) DO want to see what they can do at 300 (near-WR?).
                        I second that notion. Who cares if it is a standard distance or not. To see some of the sports biggest stars go head to head is what it is all about and is what draws fans. They could put an obstacle course in the middle and I would still want to watch it.

Comment

OK, I'm all with doing anything to promote matchups. But both LM and X are good at 200 and 400, correct?

Comment

Based on all indicators this season, its hard for me to Lashawn NOT winning this one, going away. I'm interested in seeing what X, Wariner, and Spearmon do in this race though.

Comment

Methinks that mentioning X in the same breath (at any distance) with Merritt is laughable at this point. He's running on the promise of how good he looked a few years back, with almost nothing to back it up since.

His lifetime total of sub-20s is 4 (and none since '07), and his total of sub-45s is 5 (all but one of them way back in '06).

Comment

Working...
                              X