Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyson Gay's event at nationals? [100]

What event will Tyson run at nationals? 100, 200, or even the 400. Would love to see what he could run in the 4 coming of that 19.58.

Re: Tyson Gay's event at nationals?

400 would be interesting to see and would be good to have Gay in the relay pool. My assumption is that he has to run the 400m to be in the relay pool, but is that actually the case?

But, not sure it would be good for his speed work. If so, then I think he should stick to the 100 and forget about the 200. After last year I think he would be second guessing himself in the 200. Far better to be fit for the big show down at the worlds.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy
      400 would be interesting to see and would be good to have Gay in the relay pool. My assumption is that he has to run the 400m to be in the relay pool, but is that actually the case?

But, not sure it would be good for his speed work. If so, then I think he should stick to the 100 and forget about the 200. After last year I think he would be second guessing himself in the 200. Far better to be fit for the big show down at the worlds.
      Running the 400m at the elite level won't hurt his speed work. He could be added to the pool for the 4x400 without having had to compete in the 400m.

I think looking at how fit and how his times are in both the 100 & 200m, leading up to Nationals, I wouldn't rule out him competing in both.
      on the road

Comment

This article http://www.iaaf.org/WCH09/news/kind=103 ... 50825.html
        has this bit

"I'm trying to get my schedule set, maybe tomorrow, tomorrow night, I'll sit down with my agent and talk about my schedule, and my 100m schedule. I don't have any meets in mind. The only meet left for me before the Trials is maybe a meet in Florida, maybe Prefontaine. Right now I'm looking forward to just running the 100m to see where I'm at and I don't plan on doing the double at Nationals."

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy

Why in the world would the US want/need Gay in the 4X400 pool. We have riches overflowing in that area.

Comment

Who knows what injuries strike, plus he would be there anyway. But I take your point.

Comment

I think we'll see Tyson run a couple of rounds of 400 and then shut it down not competing in the final.

We'll see if I'm right.

I think the rule is that in order for him to secure his 100/200 bye then he has to compete in something at trials.
              The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

He'll be running the 100 only
                why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

Comment

we had a long thread on this a few weeks back, at which point I suggested I thought the 400 might be best bet for a rehabbing guy.

Now that it's clear that rehab is done, my guess would be that he runs the 100, and runs to win.

T&FN's latest formchart now has him picked to win the 100 over Dix.

http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/lists/ ... &year=2009

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                    I'm on the Executive Board of the Dix Fan Club 8-) , but after Gay's Reebok 200, we've tabled our plans for Dix's USATF 100 victory dinner. :shock: On the other hand, he's still gonna turn some heads and push Gay all the way!

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                      Originally posted by gh
                      I'm on the Executive Board of the Dix Fan Club 8-) , but after Gay's Reebok 200, we've tabled our plans for Dix's USATF 100 victory dinner. :shock: On the other hand, he's still gonna turn some heads and push Gay all the way!
                      If Dix runs 19.6 or better all I will say is "It's about time!"

I expect him to fly
                      Afrikan

Comment

He'll run the 100.

Comment

Gay won't be running the 400m at USA's yall. Him running the 400m was for him to test his fitness, not with the intent to move up or to be competitive against the world's best. Just like Asafa ran 45. earlier in the year, its part of his training.

Comment

Let me rephrase: it has been decided, 100%. Gay will run the 100.

Comment

And only the 100, right [does he intend to run all rounds, assuming he qualifies :lol: ]

Comment

Working...
                              X