Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the best HS State Meet weekend ever?

This weekend, simply because that pig-pestilence scare moved Texas so it and Cali are at the same time!

(not to mention Indiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Hampshire, Ohio, Rhode Island, Vermont & Wisconsin!)

Now if only Texas would drop all the little 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A, 5A stuff...and run one real meet....

Comment

Ohio will have a very fast state meet as well. The most underrated state when it comes to speed in the discussion

Comment

Re: the best HS State Meet weekend ever?

Originally posted by gh
        This weekend, simply because that pig-pestilence scare moved Texas so it and Cali are at the same time!

(not to mention Indiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Hampshire, Ohio, Rhode Island, Vermont & Wisconsin!)
        I agree! Mostly because my nephew has a good shot at winning the Minnesota mile or 2 mile (or whatever their ridiculous metric equivalents are.)

Comment

Originally posted by BCBaroo
          Now if only Texas would drop all the little 1A, 2A, 3A, 4A, 5A stuff...and run one real meet....
          Yep!

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
            Yep!
            Your folks soon won't be able to afford a state meet of any kind...zing!

Comment

Re: the best HS State Meet weekend ever?

Originally posted by Conor Dary
              Originally posted by gh

I agree! Mostly because my nephew has a good shot at winning the Minnesota mile or 2 mile (or whatever their ridiculous metric equivalents are.)
              It's my understanding that Minnesota has officially adopted the 1,589- and 3244-meter runs.

But on a more serious note: Assuming my laptop doesn't croak on me (it's a possibility), everyone please remember that I plan on providing live Twitter coverage of the Texas HS champs at http://twitter.com/tandfn
              "Run fast and keep turning left."

Comment

Originally posted by gm
                Originally posted by bad hammy
                Yep!
                Your folks soon won't be able to afford a state meet of any kind...zing!
                Low Blow :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Comment

Don't forget New Jersey, which has its state meet today (or tomorrow in case of rain). New Jersey belongs in the top 5 when discussing track talent among high schools. This year's no different, especially with Nick Vena breaking all sorts of shot put records, Clayton Parros among the top quartermilers in the country, and Robby Andrews setting a national indoor 800 record.

Ladies are no slouches, either: Jill Smith was T&FN indoor AOL, Dominique Booker among nation's top sprinters and look out for Ajee Wilson, a freshman who was an age-group sensation for many years as a middle distancer, now capable of going under 2:10 in her first year in high school. Joetta Clark's state record may be in jeopardy some day.

Who could overlook a state that produced the one and only Carl Lewis? Other than Texas, Cali and Florida, Jersey takes a backseat to no one.

Comment

**yawn** we've been done for WEEKS, here in the SUNSHINE state!!

Comment

Originally posted by guruof track
                      Ohio will have a very fast state meet as well.

A shame Glenville's 3:14 4x4 was dq'd at District for a lane violation. Boys DI high jump should be epic.

Weather looks to be perfect.
                      There are no strings on me

Comment

Ohio remains the most underrated state for HS track and field. Check some of the times from the state.

100- 10.32 Brandon Saine
                        200- 20.47 Chris Nellums
                        400- 45.36 Chris Nellums
                        800- 1:48.93 Marc Sylvester
                        1600- 4:05.13 Bob Kennedy ; 4:05.xx Jeff See
                        3200- 8:56.35 Chris Kollar, Strongsville
                        110h- 13.30 Chris Nellums; 13.40/13.26w Theodore Ginn
                        300h- 36.34 Derrick Williams
                        4x100- 40.51 Glenville; 40.79 Middletown
                        4x200- 1:23.78 Glenville
                        4x400- 3:10.66 Glenville
                        4x800- 7:41.17 Cleveland Heights
                        HJ- 7'4 Eric Kynard
                        LJ- 25’ 9 ½" Ra’Mon Johnson

Comment

It gets even better! The Great Southwest Track Meet in Albuquerque. Curtis Beach in the Decathlon starting today. Also in the 4x2 & 4x8 Saturday. Seems like a lot of kids from Texas on the start lists......

Comment

Nice if the CA announcer would update as the TX meet developed. Could cause some athletes simply chasing times to speed up a bit.

Comment

One of the first rules of announcing a track meet is that you never do anything that casts your own production in a poor light. Bad idea.

Comment

Working...
                              X