Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Daddy
    Texas by far has the best State Meet in the country. California and Florida run a close second. The relays in the Texas are weak this year. This year was an off year.
    Which is it, is Texas better 'by far' or are CA and FL 'close seconds'?

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
      Texas by far has the best State Meet in the country. California and Florida run a close second. The relays in the Texas are weak this year. This year was an off year.
      no offense but ntil they get rid of the 4x200 the Texas state meet will continue to be watered down..........and lose double points on relays as well.

Comment

[quote=guruof track]
        Originally posted by 26mi235
        Originally posted by "Big Daddy":ecpzvet0
        no offense but ntil they get rid of the 4x200 the Texas state meet will continue to be watered down..........and lose double points on relays as well.[/quote:ecpzvet0]

The best in sprints or what? I'd disagree if it were overall...but in the sprints yes.

Comment

Sprints, sprints and more sprints. Again this year was a off year. The 4x2 was not ran in the 80's or early 90's. So what are you talking about??

Comment

Sprints, sprints and more sprints. Again this year was a off year. The 4x2 was not ran in the 80's or early 90's. So what are you talking about??
            When Texas instituted the 4x2 (due to Title IX), the meet became watered down. The results clearly show that.

Comment

So I guess its not the best state meet then perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by knite
                So I guess its not the best state meet then perhaps?
                Its with in the top 2, Cali and Texas switch depending on the year.

Comment

Originally posted by guruof track
                  no offense but ntil they get rid of the 4x200 the Texas state meet will continue to be watered down..........and lose double points on relays as well.
                  No offense taken by this Texan — I totally agree. The logical thing to do, once they started letting girls run the 300H, would have been to drop the 4x2. Instead, they added a 4x2 for boys.

I have no problem with the double points, but there's simply no need for three sprint relays. If they're gonna have 3 relays, they should add a dmr or 2x8 so that the few distance-oriented schools can more firmly get into the championship mix.
                  "Run fast and keep turning left."

Comment

Originally posted by trackstar
                    Originally posted by guruof track
                    No offense taken by this Texan — I totally agree. The logical thing to do, once they started letting girls run the 300H, would have been to drop the 4x2. Instead, they added a 4x2 for boys.

I have no problem with the double points, but there's simply no need for three sprint relays. If they're gonna have 3 relays, they should add a dmr or 2x8 so that the few distance-oriented schools can more firmly get into the championship mix.
                    DMR would be good, I'm tempted to say the 4x8 as well...........although that would water down the 400 and 4x400.

Comment

[quote=guruof track]
                      Originally posted by "Big Daddy":8hzuv2lf
                      When Texas instituted the 4x2 (due to Title IX), the meet became watered down. The results clearly show that.[/quote:8hzuv2lf]

Nothing to do with Title IX

Comment

Originally posted by guru
                        Perfect day here in Columbus, OH.
                        Make that 2 perfect days. It was just an outstanding state meet from start to a great finish.
                        I heard one woman say that this was her first track meet. That seemed very odd.

Comment

Working...
                        X