Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Can a SHOT PUTTER Make Money in Track and Field?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul
    replied
    Re: How Can a SHOT PUTTER Make Money in Track and Field?

Anybody know what the deal is for a female thrower to compete on the Grand Prix circuit, ie if Cleopatra was to compete what is the prize money , appearance money , air fares paid ? expenses paid ? , for a Golden League meeting , Grand Prix one , and Grand Prix two, US representational in international meets , and invitational meet .I hope the IRS is not listening but how much could Connie Price-Smith or Ramona Pagel can have expected to earn from the sport each year ? What is the lowest amount offered to an athlete on the international circuit ? How do athletes organise their training base , competitions, etc whilst based in Europe ?

Leave a comment:

• Jon
    replied

>(Jon) How much would a web designer and a domain cost? If u like u can email me
    >directly; if u do not want to publically post your prices.
    >[email protected]
    Once again I would to thank everyone for their great
    >advice.... even the funny ones. I hope to see some of you in Athens at the
    >Women's Shot. It should be very exciting!

I've sent you an email.

Leave a comment:

• Omega4ul
    replied

(Jon) How much would a web designer and a domain cost? If u like u can email me directly; if u do not want to publically post your prices. [email protected]
    Once again I would to thank everyone for their great advice.... even the funny ones. I hope to see some of you in Athens at the Women's Shot. It should be very exciting!

Leave a comment:

• Kirsner72
    replied

For women--Be LEAN and PRETTY and STRAIGHT and blah blah blah...

((sorry))

Leave a comment:

• lf
    replied

Good luck to Cleopatra...her performance last week was just awesome.

Leave a comment:

replied

Very easy:
    Imagine the day of the Olympic final, a shot
    who accidentaly throws the weight on a person
    who was infact a dangerous terrorist.
    Jackpot guarranted for the new hero!
    Is my theory realist?

Leave a comment:

• Omega4ul
    replied

(lefterisp)First I would like to thank you for your advice. Yes, I am talking about Cleopatra Borel.

Leave a comment:

• tafnut
    replied

60+ foot thrower - not 60+ in age. Although that would probable sell too.

Leave a comment:

• tafnut
    replied

You know what's kinda sad? If I were a 60+ female shotputter, I would head out to Hollywood and try to hook up with some reality series or pro 'wrestling' gig. As one of the strongest woemn in the country, Hollywood could certainly turn you into something marketable. But it wouldn't be shot putting.

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied

>Apologies to all. I missed that mark. Quite a mark at that--a PR by more than
    >a meter!

If you excluded Borel, that would mean the significant other of the original poster is Svetlana Krivelyova... Somehow I doubt that's the case.

Incidentally, Krivelyova overtook Borel in the world season lists yesterday with her 19.68 at the Russian champs (Korzhanenko won with 19.71).

Leave a comment:

• bf
    replied

Women's SP should be a headline event. -- but only if US or world records are approached. IMHO, both are achievable, w or w/o chemical help. Until women's shot is upped to 5 or 6K.

Leave a comment:

• G8Rhammr
    replied

come on now, dont go making indirect accusations because your significant other was shot down lol
    let's keep this a friendly conversation
    BTW Laura Gerraughty had about a 2m seasonal PR this past weekend and is looking great for nationals. It beat her pr from last year by about a foot, and now she is ranked #1 in the NCAA.

Leave a comment:

• huh?
    replied

Apologies to all. I missed that mark. Quite a mark at that--a PR by more than a meter! Is it a legitimate mark? I don't know. But I can't remember the last shot putter to improve by that much in one meet. Now there's a trivia question for you stat phreaks!

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied

>>Who are you talking about if I may ask? I see that Cleopatra Borel is
    >currently #2 in the world.<

>You do? I think you need new glasses.

No, he doesn't. Cleopatra Borel is the no. 2 in the world so far this season, with 19.48.

Leave a comment:

• Jon
    replied

If it helps at all, I could offer my services as a web-designer! Having an online presence will help to generate more interest; not only for the athlete themselves, but for the event in which they participate. If they had a web-site which featured, say an online training diary or something similar, many track and field fans will read it with great interest, as the fans are always wanting to know as much info as they can about world-class athletes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X