Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Asafa Retire?

He never wins the big ones. He just eased himself in his last start. If I were a sponsor, I would pull the plug on him.
    "Who's Kidding Who?"

Re: Should Asafa Retire?

Mr Bowie, you are being childish. :twisted:

Comment

I don't think he should retire yet.

Comment

Hell no he should not retire, we need to see him get another world's record while racing local Jr. High runners 8-)

Comment

Who stopped the clock in the 37,10 race?

Comment

of course not, in case the subject poster was not merely being rhetorical.

Asafa Powell is probably going to have a big season.

He was clearly favoring his ankle at Reebok.

Yes, he has struggled at major championships, but he's held the WR 2 times, has won a ton of major international competitions on the European Circuit and made both Olympic and World Championship finals.

He's capable of going sub 9.70, no doubt. Maybe he'll get his breakthough this year in Berlin.

Lets see if he gets 100% healthy this year and up into race fitness, then we'll see how he does. My guess is that he'll be lighting up the track.

Comment

Re: Should Asafa Retire?

Originally posted by mrbowie
              He never wins the big ones. He just eased himself in his last start. If I were a sponsor, I would pull the plug on him.
              what a ridiculous question, should Merlene have retired in 1987 ??
              i deserve extra credit

Comment

It's not a serious thread mump. It's just mocking the stupid one about Alan Webb from earlier.

Comment

oh !!

i didn't take any notice of that for obvious reasons :roll:
                  i deserve extra credit

Comment

Originally posted by Flumpy
                    It's not a serious thread mump. It's just mocking the stupid one about Alan Webb from earlier.
                    Thank you Flumpy!

Somebody told me not to be sarcastic on these boards and I guess I should have taken the advice, but I just couldn't pass it up this time.
                    "Who's Kidding Who?"

Comment

Thank you Flumpy!

Somebody told me not to be sarcastic on these boards and I guess I should have taken the advice, but I just couldn't pass it up this time.
                      I'm from England, we get sarcasm. In fact we insist on it.

Comment

Thank you Flumpy!

I'm from England, we get sarcasm. In fact we insist on it.
                        :lol: :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by odelltrclan
                          Hell no he should not retire, we need to see him get another world's record while racing local Jr. High runners 8-)
                          Yeah like Tyson Gay , Walter Dix Jr high runner. 9.72 is still 9.72.

Comment

Originally posted by chriswitt
                            Originally posted by odelltrclan
                            Yeah like Tyson Gay , Walter Dix Jr high runner. 9.72 is still 9.72.
                            Tyson got him some major meet gold, seems like you forgot to mention that, since you did, I thought I would remind you.

P.S. by the way, what does Tyson and Dix have to do with this?
                            on the road

Comment

ASTFA should retireu

this is why track is so beautiful,i ,e, we have races.
                              Tomorrow about1530 EasT Coast time we will see shere Powell stands with Dix, Martina and others at this stage of the season.
                              LET THE PRE GAMES Begin

Comment

Working...
                              X