X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gh
    replied
    Re: Sotherton may [will] miss Berlin

And now she's out for this year with bad back.

Leave a comment:

• Jon
    replied
    Sotherton confirmed last weekend that she was going to miss Berlin.

Leave a comment:

• Flumpy
    replied
    Nah it' not. Think of Marina Stepanova!!!

Leave a comment:

• Brettboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Flumpy
    I know it's easier said than done and possibly not much less strenuous but surely she's got a great 400h in her.
    I agree. If you look at her relevant PB's then she has a good combination of technical ability, speed and endurance, significantly all set last year. Her 400m PB was also set in atrocious conditions in Gateshead and was worth more like 51.5. Not forgetting her 400m relay leg of 50.3:

60mh - 8.17
    100mh - 13.18
    200m - 23.39
    400m - 52.19
    800m - 2:07.34

She has run 400mh before, years ago (cant find her PB now, but she was nowhere near the same form back then)

I know it's hard to compare, but in her Olympic gold season over 400mh Privalova did the following:

60mh - 8.16
    100mh - 13.56
    100m - 11.37
    400m - 51.63

Her 800m PB is 2:09.40 from 2003. So Privalova had more speed, but not quite the same technical expertise or endurance.

I'm sure Sotherton could do something in the 54+ range. I think possibly she could have done 53+ had she concentrated on this event, but too late for that kind of time now.

Leave a comment:

• Flumpy
    replied
    I know it's easier said than done and possibly not much less strenuous but surely she's got a great 400h in her.

Leave a comment:

• Brettboy
    started a topic Sotherton may [will] miss Berlin [& Barcelona]

Sotherton may [will] miss Berlin [& Barcelona]

According to the DLV Kelly Sotherton is still recovering from a foot injury and may miss Berlin.

A few weeks ago they reported she may start in Ratingen, but that is definatey not the case now and she's struggling to recover even in time for the Worlds.

Kelly's now at the age where injuries creep in, especially doing the multievents. If she finds herself missing Berlin she could look to switching to a less strenuous event.
Working...
X