Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is German Fernandez going to end his season after Nationals?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is German Fernandez going to end his season after Nationals?

I heard that after nationals German was going to end his season.At first I was dissapointed ,but then I thoght that maybe he should go out on a high note and win at the nationals ,and rest up for fall.

Yes, has been stated several times on the board here that that's what the Oklahoma State people are saying.

Comment

Yeah I know it has been on the board several times.I just wanted to make sure that it was true.

Comment

Nationals as in NCAA or USA?

And what is the reasoning behind him ending his season?

Just curious.

Comment

The NCAA meet.I dont know why,but I assume,they dont want him to keep getting injured.The big picture is the Olympics

Comment

The Olympics are three years away. I can't imagine someone like that curtailing his season just because he or his coach think it will help him prepare for the Olympics. Quite to the contrary, one of the things he'll need at the Olympics is some experience running against the top distance runners in the world, and he's not going to get that by stopping his season after Fayetteville.

Comment

Well if he keeps gettin injured,his season will be stopped permenately.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdrakefan
                Nationals as in NCAA or USA?

And what is the reasoning behind him ending his season?

Just curious.
                He needs a break. Does not want to get burned out. Pretty smart if you ask me. He stated he has been going hard at it for almost 2 years now and a mental break and physical break will probably do him some good.

Comment

Working...
                X