Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be the next great american woman distance runner?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will be the next great american woman distance runner?

I miss Mary Slaney attitude and all.When she ran you knew that everyone else was in trouble.If more american men ran like her the Africans would be in trouble.I do like some of the younger women coming up thou.

I agree. The next American woman who runs like Mary Decker Slaney will be the next one to be as good as she was.

Comment

Re: Who will be the next great american woman distance runne

Originally posted by williamwindhamjr
      I miss Mary Slaney attitude and all.When she ran you knew that everyone else was in trouble.If more american men ran like her the Africans would be in trouble.I do like some of the younger women coming up thou.
      ummmm......yes :?:

Comment

Anna Willard.

Comment

Originally posted by jhc68
          I agree. The next American woman who runs like Mary Decker Slaney will be the next one to be as good as she was.

sadly in the 800 and 1500 which are extremely stagnant events this is true as 1:56.90 would probabaly get silver or bronze even now (and possibly gold if jelimo is as out of shape as her first race seemed to indicate) and 3:57.12 would give a woman a shot at gold today.

however for a woman to be as good as slaney at 5k and 10k she has to run much faster than slaney, as those events have really gotten faster, when slaney ran 31:35 for 10k it was a world record, if a woman had run that time in the olympic 10k she would of got lapped by at least 2 woman.

for a woman to be as good as slaney, i would say her best's would have to be about.
          1:56 for 800
          3:57 for 1500
          14:20 for 5k
          30:00 for 10k

Comment

Originally posted by doug091463
            Originally posted by jhc68

sadly in the 800 and 1500 which are extremely stagnant events this is true as 1:56.90 would probabaly get silver or bronze even now (and possibly gold if jelimo is as out of shape as her first race seemed to indicate) and 3:57.12 would give a woman a shot at gold today.

however for a woman to be as good as slaney at 5k and 10k she has to run much faster than slaney, as those events have really gotten faster, when slaney ran 31:35 for 10k it was a world record, if a woman had run that time in the olympic 10k she would of got lapped by at least 2 woman.

for a woman to be as good as slaney, i would say her best's would have to be about.
            1:56 for 800
            3:57 for 1500
            14:20 for 5k
            30:00 for 10k
            What about Colorado star Jenny Barringer?

Comment

Yeah Jenny is having a good year.I wanna see what she is able to do if she makes the worlds team

Comment

Working...
              X