Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paulthefan
    Clearly good news for Xavier.
    And people had him finishing fourth or fifth.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike67
      Originally posted by Speedfirst
      Nice run, but what's with the stupid hand signals after the race?
      Those are his initials, what did you think, it was gang sign........westsideeeeeee...LOL
      Oh. Thanks for the clarification. Not my style, but i guess it's o.k. with him being a sprinter and all!

I prefer the Hulk Hogan flex!
      LOL ! Lashawn's from Virginia, so he always reps his state. The first hand signal was V A for Virginia. I think the other one was T PHI T, but not sure about the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by guruof track
        Originally posted by paulthefan
        Clearly good news for Xavier.
        And people had him finishing fourth or fifth.
        The Xman was still too tight in the shoulders in the last 20 meters but I'm glad to see he's on his way back.

Comment

TC looked absolutely dreadful.

Comment

By the way, does anyone know the purpose of the FinishLynx camera that was placed at the corner of the back curve leading into the homestretch? Might it have been used for the straightaway dash starts or some split recognition reads?

Comment

Maybe the organisation set up two finish lines and chose one of them considering the wind direction.

Comment

Nice run, but what's with the stupid hand signals after the race?
                I'm guessing 67 means attended the 1967 prom?

Comment

Originally posted by poodabear
                  The Xman was still too tight in the shoulders in the last 20 meters
                  I have never, repeat, NEVER seen him finish any other way. He always looks like his form is deteriorating. :?

Comment

Man Merrit impresses me more and more... I see his 100m PB is from 2004 when he was a youngster. Would like to see what he could manage now..

Comment

Originally posted by oldtrackguy
                      Is the wind over 2 an issue in the 300? Would have thought it would have to be a very specific direction to be an aid.
                      No the wind is not a factor at any distance over 200.
                      Well, not quite, as it matters for the 220y>200m. :wink:

Comment

The 20th fastest run in history at 300m, I know that was what I was waiting for!

Comment

Originally posted by mojo
                          TC looked absolutely dreadful.
                          I could have sworn that I had timed him faster than that at 300m splits in a few 400s during the 2005/2006 seasons.
                          ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

Good for X. But he seems to expend so much enrgy because of that jerky running motion, which is suicidal in the 400m

Comment

I think part of what has separated LaShawn Merritt from X-Man and Spearmon is that he has worked on his weaknesses. Remember how he used to bobble around at the end of a 400 back in 2005? You don't see that anymore. On the other hand, X-Man still runs stiff and bobs his head like mad the last 15 meters of every race (no matter what the distance) and Spearmon still saves too much for end. I would add Clement to this discussion as well but he wasn't in the race.

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
                                Originally posted by oldtrackguy
                                Is the wind over 2 an issue in the 300? Would have thought it would have to be a very specific direction to be an aid.
                                No the wind is not a factor at any distance over 200.
                                Well, not quite, as it matters for the 220y>200m. :wink:
                                In terms of rules, isn't the 200 m (219 yards) equivalent to the 220yd dash - Both would start at the beginning of the curve? But how many times has the 220 yard dash been contested at an IAAF sanctioned meet (or USATF or NCAA) in the last 10 years? The only non-metric distance that's run regularly is the mile. In fact, aren't IAAF approved tracks 400 meters, as opposed to 440yds?

But you were just being facetious, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X