Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe both Tyson Gay and Usain Bolt have a very good chance of taking down MJ's 300m record. I would like to see Bolt, Gay, Wariner and Merritt contest this race next season at Pre. THAT would be fireworks in a non-championship year!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre-Jean
      Maybe the organisation set up two finish lines and chose one of them considering the wind direction.
      no

Comment

Originally posted by guruof track
        Lashawn killed the first 100. Xavier Carter looked good in the race as well, his best looking race of the season.
        it's easy (well "easy") to be killer in the first 100.... what matters is that he looked killer in the LAST 100. wow.

Jeremy going to be having his hands full.

Comment

Originally posted by trackdug
          I believe both Tyson Gay and Usain Bolt have a very good chance of taking down MJ's 300m record. I would like to see Bolt, Gay, Wariner and Merritt contest this race next season at Pre. THAT would be fireworks in a non-championship year!!
          Preferably around mid Aug.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
            Lashawn killed the first 100. Xavier Carter looked good in the race as well, his best looking race of the season.
            it's easy (well "easy") to be killer in the first 100.... what matters is that he looked killer in the LAST 100. wow.

Speaking of the Gazelle when does he run next - Nationals? if so why not sooner? He has not shown much this far I hope he is ready for LM.

Comment

Originally posted by gh

Absolutely, but he won the race in the first 100, when he blew the field out............after 100 meters he had about a 3 or 4 meter lead.

Comment

[quote=proofs in the pudd'in]
                Originally posted by gh
                Originally posted by "guruof track":166eohy5

Speaking of the Gazelle when does he run next - Nationals? if so why not sooner? He has not shown much this far I hope he is ready for LM.[/quote:166eohy5]

According to his website, Nationals is his next race. In a recent interview he said there will be a number of races in Europe between Nationals and Worlds. I expect him to bust a fast 400m somewhere about 2-3 weeks before Worlds - something in the 43.5-43.7 range.

Comment

Originally posted by gh

Here's the thing about this 300m race today: Merritt ran 31.31 at Pre THREE years ago. Seems strange he's only improved .01 since then.

And what's up with Wallace Spearmon? The guy owns the indoor world record (set 2 or 3 years ago) and can't muster a sub-32? I mean, damn, JW ran a 31.72 last year and he really wasn't in great shape at that point. I expect more from Spearmon than that.

Comment

[quote=trackdug]
                    Originally posted by proofs in the pudd'in
                    Originally posted by gh
                    Originally posted by "guruof track":xd9ai1u7

Speaking of the Gazelle when does he run next - Nationals? if so why not sooner? He has not shown much this far I hope he is ready for LM.
                    According to his website, Nationals is his next race. In a recent interview he said there will be a number of races in Europe between Nationals and Worlds. I expect him to bust a fast 400m somewhere about 2-3 weeks before Worlds - something in the 43.5-43.7 range.[/quote:xd9ai1u7]

At this point I just want him to get to 44 flat territory. Also I was hoping he would run all six Golden League races - Oh Well. :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by gh

Here's the thing about this 300m race today: Merritt ran 31.31 at Pre THREE years ago. Seems strange he's only improved .01 since then.

And what's up with Wallace Spearmon? The guy owns the indoor world record (set 2 or 3 years ago) and can't muster a sub-32? I mean, damn, JW ran a 31.72 last year and he really wasn't in great shape at that point. I expect more from Spearmon than that.
                      Yes but LM's 31.31 - 300 was in Aug. this was two months earlier.

As far as WS he should get his endurance up and stop trying to run the 200 on tactics and go all out. IMHO.

Comment

I think being World Champion again is ALL that's on Jeremy's mind right now. I think Clyde has a plan and they are implementing it to the exception of everything else.

Comment

[quote=proofs in the pudd'in]
                          Originally posted by gh
                          Originally posted by "guruof track":1nwlav4w

Yes but LM's 31.31 - 300 was in Aug. this was two months earlier.

As far as WS he should get his endurance up and stop trying to run the 200 on tactics and go all out. IMHO.[/quote:1nwlav4w]

+1

Comment

I think being World Champion again is ALL that's on Jeremy's mind right now. I think Clyde has a plan and they are implementing it to the exception of everything else.
                            I sure hope so, he will have 4 more 200s than 400s (only 3 -the best 44.66) by the begining of July. This is alot different than the previous year.

2008 by mid July he had 8-9 400s.

2007 by mid July he had 4 400s.

So maybe the plan is good - maybe he ran too many 400s too early in 2008 and that contributed to his weak round-running. :?: :?:

Comment

Originally posted by oldtrackguy
                              Is the wind over 2 an issue in the 300? Would have thought it would have to be a very specific direction to be an aid.
                              No the wind is not a factor at any distance over 200.
                              Of course it is.

Comment

20.5 at 200, so 10.8 for his last 100.

Comment

Working...
                                X