• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dal4018
    replied
    Re: 300 meters

Originally posted by Rustyjaguar
    LM by alot. Someone said they didn't know about him winning by alot the other day. Well look at the results the guy is ready for some big things. Disappointed in Spearmons' effort. Yeah he got 3rd, but will this guy ever run a complete race. He just never runs the 1st 100 of a 200 or 300.
    Spearmon depends on his finishing kick wayyyyyyyy too much.

Leave a comment:

• guruof track
    replied
    Originally posted by Speedfirst
    I think LaShawn will hit a mid 43 this year, 43.6 ish, putting his 300 in perspective, yeah he should run 43 something come Berlin.
    I'm think more along the lines of 43.55

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied
    I think LaShawn will hit a mid 43 this year, 43.6 ish, putting his 300 in perspective, yeah he should run 43 something come Berlin.

Leave a comment:

• guruof track
    replied
    Knite they are talking about Wariner.

Leave a comment:

• knite
    replied
    [quote=proofs in the pudd'in][quote=trackdug]
    Originally posted by "proofs in the pudd'in":2y2oh21g
    Originally posted by gh
    Originally posted by "guruof track":2y2oh21g
    Lashawn killed the first 100. Xavier Carter looked good in the race as well, his best looking race of the season.
    it's easy (well "easy") to be killer in the first 100.... what matters is that he looked killer in the LAST 100. wow.

Jeremy going to be having his hands full.
    Speaking of the Gazelle when does he run next - Nationals? if so why not sooner? He has not shown much this far I hope he is ready for LM.
    According to his website, Nationals is his next race. In a recent interview he said there will be a number of races in Europe between Nationals and Worlds. I expect him to bust a fast 400m somewhere about 2-3 weeks before Worlds - something in the 43.5-43.7 range.[/quote:2y2oh21g]

At this point I just want him to get to 44 flat territory. Also I was hoping he would run all six Golden League races - Oh Well. :cry:[/quote:2y2oh21g]

He's not running a 43x this year!, he can get down to a 44high and that would be saying a lot. Not sure where this 43.5-7 is coming from though.

Leave a comment:

• guruof track
    replied
    Originally posted by pherekydes
    Originally posted by guruof track
    Originally posted by oldtrackguy
    Is the wind over 2 an issue in the 300? Would have thought it would have to be a very specific direction to be an aid.
    No the wind is not a factor at any distance over 200.
    Of course it is.
    For statistical purposes its not.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    20.5 at 200, so 10.8 for his last 100.

Leave a comment:

• pherekydes
    replied
    Originally posted by oldtrackguy
    Is the wind over 2 an issue in the 300? Would have thought it would have to be a very specific direction to be an aid.
    No the wind is not a factor at any distance over 200.
    Of course it is.

Leave a comment:

• proofs in the pudd'in
    replied
    Originally posted by trackdug
    I think being World Champion again is ALL that's on Jeremy's mind right now. I think Clyde has a plan and they are implementing it to the exception of everything else.
    I sure hope so, he will have 4 more 200s than 400s (only 3 -the best 44.66) by the begining of July. This is alot different than the previous year.

2008 by mid July he had 8-9 400s.

2007 by mid July he had 4 400s.

So maybe the plan is good - maybe he ran too many 400s too early in 2008 and that contributed to his weak round-running. :?: :?:

Leave a comment:

• trackdug
    replied
    [quote=proofs in the pudd'in]
    Originally posted by gh
    Originally posted by "guruof track":1nwlav4w
    Lashawn killed the first 100. Xavier Carter looked good in the race as well, his best looking race of the season.
    it's easy (well "easy") to be killer in the first 100.... what matters is that he looked killer in the LAST 100. wow.

Here's the thing about this 300m race today: Merritt ran 31.31 at Pre THREE years ago. Seems strange he's only improved .01 since then.

And what's up with Wallace Spearmon? The guy owns the indoor world record (set 2 or 3 years ago) and can't muster a sub-32? I mean, damn, JW ran a 31.72 last year and he really wasn't in great shape at that point. I expect more from Spearmon than that.
    Yes but LM's 31.31 - 300 was in Aug. this was two months earlier.

As far as WS he should get his endurance up and stop trying to run the 200 on tactics and go all out. IMHO.[/quote:1nwlav4w]

+1

Leave a comment:

• trackdug
    replied
    I think being World Champion again is ALL that's on Jeremy's mind right now. I think Clyde has a plan and they are implementing it to the exception of everything else.

Leave a comment:

• proofs in the pudd'in
    replied
    Originally posted by gh

Here's the thing about this 300m race today: Merritt ran 31.31 at Pre THREE years ago. Seems strange he's only improved .01 since then.

And what's up with Wallace Spearmon? The guy owns the indoor world record (set 2 or 3 years ago) and can't muster a sub-32? I mean, damn, JW ran a 31.72 last year and he really wasn't in great shape at that point. I expect more from Spearmon than that.
    Yes but LM's 31.31 - 300 was in Aug. this was two months earlier.

As far as WS he should get his endurance up and stop trying to run the 200 on tactics and go all out. IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• proofs in the pudd'in
    replied
    [quote=trackdug]
    Originally posted by proofs in the pudd'in
    Originally posted by gh
    Originally posted by "guruof track":xd9ai1u7

Speaking of the Gazelle when does he run next - Nationals? if so why not sooner? He has not shown much this far I hope he is ready for LM.
    According to his website, Nationals is his next race. In a recent interview he said there will be a number of races in Europe between Nationals and Worlds. I expect him to bust a fast 400m somewhere about 2-3 weeks before Worlds - something in the 43.5-43.7 range.[/quote:xd9ai1u7]

At this point I just want him to get to 44 flat territory. Also I was hoping he would run all six Golden League races - Oh Well. :cry:

Leave a comment:

• trackdug
    replied
    Originally posted by gh

Leave a comment:

• trackdug
    replied
    [quote=proofs in the pudd'in]
    Originally posted by gh
    Originally posted by "guruof track":166eohy5

Speaking of the Gazelle when does he run next - Nationals? if so why not sooner? He has not shown much this far I hope he is ready for LM.[/quote:166eohy5]

According to his website, Nationals is his next race. In a recent interview he said there will be a number of races in Europe between Nationals and Worlds. I expect him to bust a fast 400m somewhere about 2-3 weeks before Worlds - something in the 43.5-43.7 range.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X