X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pherekydes
    Originally posted by guruof track
    Originally posted by oldtrackguy
    Is the wind over 2 an issue in the 300? Would have thought it would have to be a very specific direction to be an aid.
    No the wind is not a factor at any distance over 200.
    Of course it is.
    For statistical purposes its not.

Comment

[quote=proofs in the pudd'in][quote=trackdug]
      Originally posted by "proofs in the pudd'in":2y2oh21g
      Originally posted by gh
      Originally posted by "guruof track":2y2oh21g
      Lashawn killed the first 100. Xavier Carter looked good in the race as well, his best looking race of the season.
      it's easy (well "easy") to be killer in the first 100.... what matters is that he looked killer in the LAST 100. wow.

Jeremy going to be having his hands full.
      Speaking of the Gazelle when does he run next - Nationals? if so why not sooner? He has not shown much this far I hope he is ready for LM.
      According to his website, Nationals is his next race. In a recent interview he said there will be a number of races in Europe between Nationals and Worlds. I expect him to bust a fast 400m somewhere about 2-3 weeks before Worlds - something in the 43.5-43.7 range.[/quote:2y2oh21g]

At this point I just want him to get to 44 flat territory. Also I was hoping he would run all six Golden League races - Oh Well. :cry:[/quote:2y2oh21g]

He's not running a 43x this year!, he can get down to a 44high and that would be saying a lot. Not sure where this 43.5-7 is coming from though.

Comment

Knite they are talking about Wariner.

Comment

I think LaShawn will hit a mid 43 this year, 43.6 ish, putting his 300 in perspective, yeah he should run 43 something come Berlin.
          on the road

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst
            I think LaShawn will hit a mid 43 this year, 43.6 ish, putting his 300 in perspective, yeah he should run 43 something come Berlin.
            I'm think more along the lines of 43.55

Comment

Re: 300 meters

Originally posted by Rustyjaguar
              LM by alot. Someone said they didn't know about him winning by alot the other day. Well look at the results the guy is ready for some big things. Disappointed in Spearmons' effort. Yeah he got 3rd, but will this guy ever run a complete race. He just never runs the 1st 100 of a 200 or 300.
              Spearmon depends on his finishing kick wayyyyyyyy too much.

Comment

I'm think more along the lines of 43.55
                I can see that also.
                on the road

Comment

If JW can get back to his 2007 form we should see a pretty fast top 2 for times in Berlin. The runnerup may end up with the fastest 2nd place finish ever.

Comment

Originally posted by 502CD
                    If JW can get back to his 2007 form we should see a pretty fast top 2 for times in Berlin. The runnerup may end up with the fastest 2nd place finish ever.
                    JW does appear to be rounding into his pre 2008 form, I think both him and LaShawn will certianly push each other and others who attempt to hang with them, to some vey nice times. X-man could be one of those others,.
                    on the road

Comment

Thank you, I misread that. I think Wariner can drop around 43.5-ish or so, 43.4mid/high. Though he may have been able to run that last yr as it never appeared to be his fitness that was an issue last yr.

Merritt maybe be able to drop a bomb, seriouisly, I wouldn't peg a 43.5, He may drop 43.4. I don't think the WR is possible yet, but I can see something around 43.38-43.55. his body is really familiar now running 43's. And he hasn't had monstrous drops, maybe he is due for one...

Though I see both not being outside of .20 of each other.

Comment

Originally posted by knite

Thank you, I misread that. I think Wariner can drop around 43.5-ish or so, 43.4mid/high. Though he may have been able to run that last yr as it never appeared to be his fitness that was an issue last yr.

Merritt maybe be able to drop a bomb, seriouisly, I wouldn't peg a 43.5, He may drop 43.4. I don't think the WR is possible yet, but I can see something around 43.38-43.55. his body is really familiar now running 43's. And he hasn't had monstrous drops, maybe he is due for one...

Though I see both not being outside of .20 of each other.
                        I'm thinking along those lines as well.

Comment

Merritt has maintained that he's not chasing times, but believes it will take about 43,5-43,6 for him to win in Berlin. That statement is worth consideration, because it excludes Wariner from improving at the championships.

Comment

Wariner will win in a very, very, very close race!! No blow win!!!

Comment

Originally posted by justblaze1011
                              This coming from the same person who said Wariner would never lose any race of importance less than a year ago.

Comment

Originally posted by justblaze1011
                                This coming from the same person who said Wariner would never lose any race of importance less than a year ago.
                                And??? so damn what! Unlike you, I don't hate on a runner because of the school he attended!!! I will say it again, Wariner will win in a close race!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X