• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guruof track
    replied
    Originally posted by gh
    Originally posted by guruof track
    Lashawn killed the first 100. Xavier Carter looked good in the race as well, his best looking race of the season.
    it's easy (well "easy") to be killer in the first 100.... what matters is that he looked killer in the LAST 100. wow.

Jeremy going to be having his hands full.
    Absolutely, but he won the race in the first 100, when he blew the field out............after 100 meters he had about a 3 or 4 meter lead.

Leave a comment:

• proofs in the pudd'in
    replied
    Originally posted by gh
    Lashawn killed the first 100. Xavier Carter looked good in the race as well, his best looking race of the season.
    it's easy (well "easy") to be killer in the first 100.... what matters is that he looked killer in the LAST 100. wow.

Speaking of the Gazelle when does he run next - Nationals? if so why not sooner? He has not shown much this far I hope he is ready for LM.

Leave a comment:

• proofs in the pudd'in
    replied
    Originally posted by trackdug
    I believe both Tyson Gay and Usain Bolt have a very good chance of taking down MJ's 300m record. I would like to see Bolt, Gay, Wariner and Merritt contest this race next season at Pre. THAT would be fireworks in a non-championship year!!
    Preferably around mid Aug.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Originally posted by Pierre-Jean
    Maybe the organisation set up two finish lines and chose one of them considering the wind direction.
    no

Leave a comment:

• trackdug
    replied
    I believe both Tyson Gay and Usain Bolt have a very good chance of taking down MJ's 300m record. I would like to see Bolt, Gay, Wariner and Merritt contest this race next season at Pre. THAT would be fireworks in a non-championship year!!

Leave a comment:

• gcheves
    replied
    Originally posted by 26mi235
    Originally posted by oldtrackguy
    Is the wind over 2 an issue in the 300? Would have thought it would have to be a very specific direction to be an aid.
    No the wind is not a factor at any distance over 200.
    Well, not quite, as it matters for the 220y>200m. :wink:
    In terms of rules, isn't the 200 m (219 yards) equivalent to the 220yd dash - Both would start at the beginning of the curve? But how many times has the 220 yard dash been contested at an IAAF sanctioned meet (or USATF or NCAA) in the last 10 years? The only non-metric distance that's run regularly is the mile. In fact, aren't IAAF approved tracks 400 meters, as opposed to 440yds?

But you were just being facetious, right?

Leave a comment:

• STL_Runner
    replied
    I think part of what has separated LaShawn Merritt from X-Man and Spearmon is that he has worked on his weaknesses. Remember how he used to bobble around at the end of a 400 back in 2005? You don't see that anymore. On the other hand, X-Man still runs stiff and bobs his head like mad the last 15 meters of every race (no matter what the distance) and Spearmon still saves too much for end. I would add Clement to this discussion as well but he wasn't in the race.

Leave a comment:

• kamikaze7
    replied
    Good for X. But he seems to expend so much enrgy because of that jerky running motion, which is suicidal in the 400m

Leave a comment:

• paulthefan
    replied
    Originally posted by mojo
    TC looked absolutely dreadful.
    I could have sworn that I had timed him faster than that at 300m splits in a few 400s during the 2005/2006 seasons.

Leave a comment:

• unclezadok
    replied
    The 20th fastest run in history at 300m, I know that was what I was waiting for!

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235
    replied
    Originally posted by oldtrackguy
    Is the wind over 2 an issue in the 300? Would have thought it would have to be a very specific direction to be an aid.
    No the wind is not a factor at any distance over 200.
    Well, not quite, as it matters for the 220y>200m. :wink:

Leave a comment:

• knockout
    replied
    Man Merrit impresses me more and more... I see his 100m PB is from 2004 when he was a youngster. Would like to see what he could manage now..

Leave a comment:

• Half Miler
    replied
    Originally posted by poodabear
    The Xman was still too tight in the shoulders in the last 20 meters
    I have never, repeat, NEVER seen him finish any other way. He always looks like his form is deteriorating. :?

Leave a comment:

• Paul Henry
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike67
    Nice run, but what's with the stupid hand signals after the race?
    I'm guessing 67 means attended the 1967 prom?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X