X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justblaze1011
    Originally posted by guruof track
    Wariner will win in a very, very, very close race!! No blow win!!!
    This coming from the same person who said Wariner would never lose any race of importance less than a year ago.
    And??? so damn what! Unlike you, I don't hate on a runner because of the school he attended!!! I will say it again, Wariner will win in a close race!!!
    So why am I a Michael Johnson fan? Or Bayano Kamani fan? Or Robert Griffin III fan???

The notion that I don't like someonbecause of the school they attend is approaching the logic of Paul Henry and Sportfanx1

Comment

[quote=guruof track]
      Originally posted by "guruof track":2s0lyjgu
      Wariner will win in a very, very, very close race!! No blow win!!!
      This coming from the same person who said Wariner would never lose any race of importance less than a year ago.
      And??? so damn what! Unlike you, I don't hate on a runner because of the school he attended!!! I will say it again, Wariner will win in a close race!!!
      So why am I a Michael Johnson fan? Or Bayano Kamani fan? Or Robert Griffin III fan???

The notion that I don't like someonbecause of the school they attend is approaching the logic of Paul Henry and Sportfanx1[/quote:2s0lyjgu]

Unfortunately those kind of people do exist, sad but true. But in future make stupid posts and leave me out.

Comment

That close race scenario went out the window last year JB!

Remember Berlin last yr 44.02 to like 44.03 or something like that! The only thing, all of the wins Merritt had over Wariner thereafter had a bigger margin of victory.

This is a new yr and thus neither 2 athletes are the same. One went from being the hunted to being the hunter and the other is now the hunted. Will be interesting to say the least!

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
          Originally posted by Speedfirst
          I think LaShawn will hit a mid 43 this year, 43.6 ish, putting his 300 in perspective, yeah he should run 43 something come Berlin.
          Merritt has maintained that he's not chasing times, but believes it will take about 43,5-43,6 for him to win in Berlin. That statement is worth consideration, because it excludes Wariner from improving at the championships.
          I'm not suggesting LaShawn will be or is chasing times, I am of the opinion you run your best race and times take care of themselves. It's just my take on what times I feel he's capable of running.
          on the road

Comment

Both you and Merritt are stating one and the same regarding this.

Comment

Originally posted by knite

Remember Berlin last yr 44.02 to like 44.03 or something like that! The only thing, all of the wins Merritt had over Wariner thereafter had a bigger margin of victory.

This is a new yr and thus neither 2 athletes are the same. One went from being the hunted to being the hunter and the other is now the hunted. Will be interesting to say the least!
              That's not true at all. Merritt won their last race by the hair on his chinny chin chin (.01).

Comment

Merritt won every 400 of importance last year.

He started the year spoiling JWs million dollar jackpot, he then won the trials, then Olympics, then won the WAF title.

Comment

Originally posted by trackdug

That's not true at all. Merritt won their last race by the hair on his chinny chin chin (.01).
                  Actual, as I remember looking at the photo finish, it seemed that Jeremy actually won that race. Others agreed. I was surprised that they didn't lodge a protest or ask for a 2nd review.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksf

Actual, as I remember looking at the photo finish, it seemed that Jeremy actually won that race. Others agreed. I was surprised that they didn't lodge a protest or ask for a 2nd review.
                    Yeah, the photo showed Jeremy won that race. But oh well. Merritt got pretty banged up for it.

Comment

I really don't understand why lashauwn never run a 100m :shock: ? this guy still beats x-man , wally in 200 and 400m ...knowing these (sprinters) run 9.9 to 10 flat in the 100m !!! i wanna say do you think Lashauwn can go sub 10????
                      DO YOUR BEST!!!

Comment

Originally posted by doctor sprint
                        I really don't understand why lashauwn never run a 100m :shock: ? this guy still beats x-man , wally in 200 and 400m ...knowing these (sprinters) run 9.9 to 10 flat in the 100m !!! i wanna say do you think Lashauwn can go sub 10????

I don't think so, maybe 10.2
                        on the road

Comment

Ran 10.47 as a high schooler in '04.

Comment

I think being World Champion again is ALL that's on Jeremy's mind right now. I think Clyde has a plan and they are implementing it to the exception of everything else.
                            Lashawn can faster than 10.2 in the 100. He has ran 10.2 on the curve in the 200.

Comment

Originally posted by guruof track
                              I think being World Champion again is ALL that's on Jeremy's mind right now. I think Clyde has a plan and they are implementing it to the exception of everything else.
                              Lashawn can faster than 10.2 in the 100. He has ran 10.2 on the curve in the 200.
                              Not certain about that, 10.2 that is....different dynamics involved in the deuce, than coming out of the blocks in the 100m.
                              on the road

Comment

If Spearmon can run a 9.96, Lashawn can run atleast 10.1, if not 10flat or faster.

I am positive of that.

Comment

Working...
                                X