X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gleason
    replied
    Originally posted by kamikaze7
    Good for X. But he seems to expend so much enrgy because of that jerky running motion, which is suicidal in the 400m
    I agree. As I mentioned before why is "X-Man" not entered at USAT&F? In addition, why are Kerron Clement and Torri Edwards not entered? Is she injured?

I probably missed others, but the meet starts in 10 days. I recall that "X-Man" entered three events early in 2007 & 2008 before scratching one or two, so why is he not entered?

Leave a comment:

• Gleason
    replied
    Originally posted by kamikaze7
    Good for X. But he seems to expend so much enrgy because of that jerky running motion, which is suicidal in the 400m
    I agree, so why is "X-Man" not entered at USAT&F?

I had assumed that "X-Man" would have run Berlin 400 and Ostrava 200 hoping for a faster time than his qualifying times of 45.75 in February and 20.27 in May, but he isn't one of the eight entries at Berlin.

Does anyone know "wassup?"

Leave a comment:

• TheTransporter
    replied
    Video?

Sorry if I missed someone posting it, but is there a legal video of the race anywhere on the 'net?

Thanks...

Leave a comment:

• EPelle
    replied
    Originally posted by guruof track
    If Spearmon can run a 9.96, Lashawn can run atleast 10.1, if not 10flat or faster.

I am positive of that.
    Perhaps Spearmon's top-10 average (10,12), but not under 10,00. He's barely able to break 20,00 yet in a race much more suited to him than the 100m.

Repeat: No athlete in the 43s has ever run sub-10, though they may have had the talent. They sometimes lacked the right circumstances.

Leave a comment:

• Taliban
    replied
    I'm pretty sure he can run 10.19 or better because he has run 6.6x in the 60m in December.

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied
    If Spearmon can run a 9.96, Lashawn can run atleast 10.1, if not 10flat or faster.

I am positive of that.
    I might, sorta kinda, maybe say 10.1, maybe....I'm a LaShawn guy, as you know.

Leave a comment:

• guruof track
    replied

I am positive of that.

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied
    Originally posted by trackdug
    I think being World Champion again is ALL that's on Jeremy's mind right now. I think Clyde has a plan and they are implementing it to the exception of everything else.
    Lashawn can faster than 10.2 in the 100. He has ran 10.2 on the curve in the 200.
    Not certain about that, 10.2 that is....different dynamics involved in the deuce, than coming out of the blocks in the 100m.

Leave a comment:

• guruof track
    replied
    I think being World Champion again is ALL that's on Jeremy's mind right now. I think Clyde has a plan and they are implementing it to the exception of everything else.
    Lashawn can faster than 10.2 in the 100. He has ran 10.2 on the curve in the 200.

Leave a comment:

• gh
    replied
    Ran 10.47 as a high schooler in '04.

Leave a comment:

• Speedfirst
    replied
    Originally posted by doctor sprint
    I really don't understand why lashauwn never run a 100m :shock: ? this guy still beats x-man , wally in 200 and 400m ...knowing these (sprinters) run 9.9 to 10 flat in the 100m !!! i wanna say do you think Lashauwn can go sub 10????

I don't think so, maybe 10.2

Leave a comment:

• doctor sprint
    replied
    I really don't understand why lashauwn never run a 100m :shock: ? this guy still beats x-man , wally in 200 and 400m ...knowing these (sprinters) run 9.9 to 10 flat in the 100m !!! i wanna say do you think Lashauwn can go sub 10????

Leave a comment:

• trackdug
    replied
    Originally posted by Jacksf
    Originally posted by knite
    That close race scenario went out the window last year JB!

Remember Berlin last yr 44.02 to like 44.03 or something like that! The only thing, all of the wins Merritt had over Wariner thereafter had a bigger margin of victory.

This is a new yr and thus neither 2 athletes are the same. One went from being the hunted to being the hunter and the other is now the hunted. Will be interesting to say the least!
    That's not true at all. Merritt won their last race by the hair on his chinny chin chin (.01).
    Actual, as I remember looking at the photo finish, it seemed that Jeremy actually won that race. Others agreed. I was surprised that they didn't lodge a protest or ask for a 2nd review.
    Yeah, the photo showed Jeremy won that race. But oh well. Merritt got pretty banged up for it.

Leave a comment:

• Jacksf
    replied
    Originally posted by knite
    That close race scenario went out the window last year JB!

Remember Berlin last yr 44.02 to like 44.03 or something like that! The only thing, all of the wins Merritt had over Wariner thereafter had a bigger margin of victory.

This is a new yr and thus neither 2 athletes are the same. One went from being the hunted to being the hunter and the other is now the hunted. Will be interesting to say the least!
    That's not true at all. Merritt won their last race by the hair on his chinny chin chin (.01).
    Actual, as I remember looking at the photo finish, it seemed that Jeremy actually won that race. Others agreed. I was surprised that they didn't lodge a protest or ask for a 2nd review.

Leave a comment:

• guruof track
    replied
    Merritt won every 400 of importance last year.

He started the year spoiling JWs million dollar jackpot, he then won the trials, then Olympics, then won the WAF title.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X