Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gordon18
    yea Bolt will prolly go no matter what, Didn't he false start in the 200m at the trials last year, and they let him off?
    Yeah they did...I saw that but I think it was the discretion of the officials to call him on it...i dunno could be wrong!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
      What the HECK was Asafa doing? He looked like B Williams out there, not taking it AT ALL seriously. :?: :?: :?:
      He is coming back from ankle injury, that's what. In the greater scheme of things he was fine yesterday. Looks like he ran without pain, which can only be a good thing. There was no need to stress the ankle with an explosive Start or drive. I keep saying it: only two meets matter, Trials and Berlin. 9.95 gets him on the team at Trials, after which he can peak for Berlin.
      Regards,
      toyracer

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst
        Thank you very much as Track Daddy amd myself called this one for Mike.

If I could be like Mike, be like Mike!! 8-)
        Congrats speed/trackdaddy yes you both called it right and he looked great doing it

Comment

Originally posted by The Norwegian
          Anyone has video of the race?
          How did jays look?
          Video of all events at :

http://www.runnerspace.com/eprofile.php ... age_id=828

Just click on the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by dal4018

Congrats speed/trackdaddy yes you both called it right and he looked great doing it
            I'll second that. My boys picked it right...even though I didn't. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by texas_speed

Don't worry tex_speed, much sleeping was done on Mike 8-) . That boy looked good yesterday and Asafa looked nice, actually he definitely let up once he realized Mike had it in the bag.
              on the road

Comment

Originally posted by richxx87
                Originally posted by justblaze1011
                If yall think Asafa is done, then some of you need to stop acting like you know this sport. That man will show up come worlds..please believe that!
                Just like he always does at the major championships, right?
                What he means is that he'll be somewhere in the 9.8's come Berlin. He's not saying he'll win. Just that he'll be among the best as usual, and I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by justblaze1011
                  Originally posted by The Atheist
                  Ah man, terrible race for Dix. I was hoping he would do a lot better than that. I assume he must have not been training as hard as he would have liked due to all his legal battles with his agent. Bleh
                  His situation with his agent has nothing to do with him training. Its his second race of the year and he ran 10.07!!! So I don't know how his race was so bad. Go look up the man's history to see how many times he's race 2 100m dashes under 10.1 as his first two runs of the year.

Man I tell you.....you shouldn't assume!!!
                  Exactly.

And his last race was in April, I believe.

Actually I think Dix did pretty well all things considered (stumble, hasnt raced, contract distractions, etc).
                  The fool has said...there is no God. Psa 14

Comment

Originally posted by texas_speed

Don't worry tex_speed, much sleeping was done on Mike 8-) . That boy looked good yesterday and Asafa looked nice, actually he definitely let up once he realized Mike had it in the bag.
                    Lately he seems to do that whenever its apparent that he will lose.

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy
                      Asafa looked nice, actually he definitely let up once he realized Mike had it in the bag.
                      Lately he seems to do that whenever its apparent that he will lose.
                      Or, it could be that he ran the race as was planned, i.e. not an all out assault but instead another test of strength of the ankle.
                      Regards,
                      toyracer

Comment

If he runs 38 steps why not 40?

Comment

Originally posted by TrackDaddy
                          If he runs 38 steps why not 40?
                          I mentioned this before on TS....you become what you train yourself to become, in part that is your muscle memorization.

If you are in effect shutting it down for whatever reasons, you also in effect are not finishing your race with the same type of velocity that will be required to compete and/or offset those athletes who aren't shutting it down.

That's a slippery slope, shutting it off and on again. If you use meets to train thru and certainly there are going to be parts of your race you work on, some more than others. So it appears Asafa is working part part and eventually it will be part part whole.
                          on the road

Comment

As an MO, running 90-95 meters is just not working well for him. Not only is it inexplicable as a tactic, but now he's developed a habit pattern that even he admits is a problem. He and the coach need to emphasize running 105% of whatever distance he's training at that day. A 150 becomes a 155+. A 100m race is optimally run at 99m and a lean, but that should feel as if one is running through the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlow
                              As an MO, running 90-95 meters is just not working well for him. Not only is it inexplicable as a tactic, but now he's developed a habit pattern that even he admits is a problem. He and the coach need to emphasize running 105% of whatever distance he's training at that day. A 150 becomes a 155+. A 100m race is optimally run at 99m and a lean, but that should feel as if one is running through the line.
                              IMO, in addition to that....as is percieved in the case of Asafa, there is the mental stumbling block as well, which can and does manifest itself into what he can, or will not physically achieve during the course of the race.
                              on the road

Comment

Working...
                              X