• Show
Clear All

...I guess you meant 10.92...etc.

Comment

Originally posted by jaguar
      ...I guess you meant 10.92...etc.
      Yeah, I had to edit that.

Comment

She looks really strong, but I don't think she's that different to when she ran in 2007. She is much cleaner technically, John Smith's work is obviously agreeing with her. Her leg speed in the second half of the race was impressive, such quick ground contacts, especially in contrast to Stewart who broke down technically in the race and threw herself at the line.

Jeter didn't handle the rounds well in 2008 but seem to work it fine in 2007 so will be interesting to see how she goes at USATF nationals.

Comment

Originally posted by dupontred
          To be fair, she has been very muscular since she burst on the scene, what, two, three years ago?

If you're just noticing now, that's not her problem.
          To be fair she's much more cut up and is bigger now than she's ever been. She's always been muscular but not as big as she is now. Hell she even looks a lot bigger now than she did at Tyson in Feb...

Comment

Hang on, why shouldn't VCB run the 100? To give others a chance :?

Comment

Originally posted by Brettboy
              Originally posted by skiboo
              Couldn't help but notice the big musclles. Where are the fingernails? :wink:
              Well she has the low voice, that's for sure....

Great race either way. Williams is up and down at the moment. Doesnt look like Jamaic will be dominating like last year, but it'll be a great fight between the USA and Jamaica in Berlin - cant wait!
              I still can't get over this particular statement and this poster isn't the only one saying it...JAMAICA DOMINATED ONE MEET----THE OLYMPICS, and that's in the events that we've always been the US battering ram...Why do people make it seem as if the US isn't used to winning, and they have something to prove....This season has started NO DIFFERENT from other seasons...It was the same results last year, albeit different athletes, the only difference was that we put on a show at the Olympics...and we had a weapon in our arsenal called Usain Bolt...Many are still soooo caught up in the fixation of the Olympics that you fail to logically see the season for what it is...Apart from Usain, and give and take Asafa, who from Jamaica was dominating in pre-championships races...World's is still 2 months away, and all the athletes are still in meet preparation mode...US is doing what they are always doing, and once again jamaica is playing runner-up or second fiddle...I don't know what will happen come August, I prayerfully wish for a repeat performance of my countrymen, but if they don't "dominate" as y'all call it, then I pray that we continue to put a dent in the US plans and steal a medal here and there like we always do...Come on people :roll:
              ~ I bleed BLACK, GREEN, and YELLOW~

Comment

you all are missing one very important factor in this race:

Jeter's technique/sprinting mechanics/body position were so far superior to everyone else's in the race.

her sprinting technique has gotten much better than in previous years.

J. Smith is possibly the best sprint coach in the world. Give some credit where it's due, and don't jump to conclusions. His sprinters are always great technicians.

Seriously, go back, watch today's race 3 more times: look at Jeter's posture, foot strike, knee action, heal recovery, distribution of effort over the entire distance. The Jamaican girl, Fraser, completely brokedown mechanically. She was spinning out.

This race was sprinting clinic by Jeter. She schooled her competitors. Seriously, they should be watching this race and taking notes.

Well done.

Comment

Was a very strong performance form her, as an earlier poster intimated (see 110 hedgeNYC), her form -arm motion, stride and execution were textbook and powerful. She certainly has been doing extra work leading in the season.

The self acclaimed sprint technician in me says she will be one to beat at Berlin, but the track gambler in me says she will not make the podium!!

Comment

People seem to forget that Jeter was 1 1/100th away from being the 07 World champion. SHe pretty much had one disatser last year, the US final....and I'm not surprised by her times (I was in 07 when she took half a second off her PB). I am surprised that Stewart and Williams can't live with her.

Comment

Jeter looks goooooooooooooooood!

Comment

Jeter's choice of sprint apparel certainly helps to highlight the muscle tone as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Henry
                          Was a very strong performance form her, as an earlier poster intimated (see 110 hedgeNYC), her form -arm motion, stride and execution were textbook and powerful. She certainly has been doing extra work leading in the season.

The self acclaimed sprint technician in me says she will be one to beat at Berlin, but the track gambler in me says she will not make the podium!!

Let me guess why, you don't believe an American is gonna make the podium, this ain't Beijing, a new year.
                          on the road

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst

Let me guess why, you don't believe an American is gonna make the podium, this ain't Beijing, a new year.
                            How do I try to address your simplistic analysis of my opinion, without pointing you to one of many posts advertising Lauryn as one of my most favourite sprinters and that she will be my bet for championship medals of course right up there with VCB.

However, with that said, Its still a possibilty (moderate probability) that one ( US) might not, regardlessof the geographical location of the track and the calender date.

Listen man..you have f'ed up many a good threads by altering the topic because of your failure to comprehend. Lets keep the subject fixed on this young lady's beautiful performance and not digress. William seems to be really fond of her and would really want it that way.

Comment

[quote=Paul Henry]
                              Originally posted by "Paul Henry":vjla4j6f

How do I try to address your simplistic analysis of my opinion, without pointing you to one of many posts advertising Lauryn as one of my most favourite sprinters and that she will be my bet for championship medals of course right up there with VCB.

However, with that said, Its still a possibilty (moderate probability) that one ( US) might not, regardlessof the geographical location of the track and the calender date.

Listen man..you have f'ed up many a good threads by altering the topic because of your failure to comprehend. Lets keep the subject fixed on this young lady's beautiful performance and not digress. William seems to be really fond of her and would really want it that way.[/quote:vjla4j6f]

Did you or did you not see where I stated let me guess why? You do know what I guess is don't you? So obviously it's not based upon on what I know.

Now since you have made it clear in this THREAD about Lauryn, carry on. Altering a thread, but yet you made mention about other threads :shock: :roll: :roll: I stayed on topic, this thread is about who again? You call keeping the thread fixed on Jeter and her beautiful performance, but yet you couldn't wait to state how she won't be on the podium, and you said disgressing, right...WOW
                              on the road

Comment

[quote=Speedfirst]
                                Originally posted by "Paul Henry":16zmmndt

Listen man..you have f'ed up many a good threads by altering the topic because of your failure to comprehend. Lets keep the subject fixed on this young lady's beautiful performance and not digress. William seems to be really fond of her and would really want it that way.
                                Did you or did you not see where I stated let me guess why? You do know what I guess is don't you? So obviously it's not based upon on what I know.

Now since you have made it clear in this THREAD about Lauryn, carry on. Altering a thread, but yet you made mention about other threads :shock: :roll: :roll: I stayed on topic, this thread is about who again? You call keeping the thread fixed on Jeter and her beautiful performance, but yet you couldn't wait to state how she won't be on the podium, and you said disgressing, right...WOW[/quote:16zmmndt]

UHHHH!!!!??? Anyway!!

Comment

Working...
                                X