• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote=Paul Henry][quote=Speedfirst]
    Originally posted by "Paul Henry":b8c8j29o
    Originally posted by Speedfirst
    Originally posted by "Paul Henry":b8c8j29o
    Was a very strong performance form her, as an earlier poster intimated (see 110 hedgeNYC), her form -arm motion, stride and execution were textbook and powerful. She certainly has been doing extra work leading in the season.

The self acclaimed sprint technician in me says she will be one to beat at Berlin, but the track gambler in me says she will not make the podium!!

Let me guess why, you don't believe an American is gonna make the podium, this ain't Beijing, a new year.
    How do I try to address your simplistic analysis of my opinion, without pointing you to one of many posts advertising Lauryn as one of my most favourite sprinters and that she will be my bet for championship medals of course right up there with VCB.

However, with that said, Its still a possibilty (moderate probability) that one ( US) might not, regardlessof the geographical location of the track and the calender date.

Listen man..you have f'ed up many a good threads by altering the topic because of your failure to comprehend. Lets keep the subject fixed on this young lady's beautiful performance and not digress. William seems to be really fond of her and would really want it that way.
    Did you or did you not see where I stated let me guess why? You do know what I guess is don't you? So obviously it's not based upon on what I know.

Now since you have made it clear in this THREAD about Lauryn, carry on. Altering a thread, but yet you made mention about other threads :shock: :roll: :roll: I stayed on topic, this thread is about who again? You call keeping the thread fixed on Jeter and her beautiful performance, but yet you couldn't wait to state how she won't be on the podium, and you said disgressing, right...WOW[/quote:b8c8j29o]

UHHHH!!!!??? Anyway!![/quote:b8c8j29o]

Right
    on the road

Comment

Originally posted by guruof track
      Hang on, why shouldn't VCB run the 100? To give others a chance :?
      Veronica don't need to take part in 100m trials to qualify for Berlin. She is already a qualify by default (Defending Champion).

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksf
        OMG! - did you see her arms?! She is ridiculously muscular. That's never good.
        Is she a bodybuilder in the off-season?
        You know what...after coming home and watching the reply of this race...I'm looking at her getting into the blocks and she look like a freaking man. She look more muscular than some of those guys running the 100m. Her shoulders are broad, and muscular. She must been eating a lot of protein during the off season and now..I really hope so. Track and field is so excited now, no need for some bad sh!t again.

PS. Stil,l I'll bet my car that she is not winning gold in Berlin. Lot more races to go.

Comment

Am I the only one who noticed Kerron ease up at the end.
          Afrikan

Comment

I don't think she eases up. I think she tightened up at the line and ran out of steam...something I'm not used to seeing from her. I don't think it means anything negative for her season...just a tough race.

Comment

Originally posted by Taliban
              I saw that too, maybe she figure she got it won. Anyways, i'm just happy Fraser ran and didn't look bad. After missing so much competition, that wasn't a bad run today, all of those ladies in the race ran more 100m than her and she still represent well. My trifecta is looking good for Berlin. Do you know what is her schedule leading up to Berlin?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksf
                OMG! - did you see her arms?! She is ridiculously muscular. That's never good.
                Is she a bodybuilder in the off-season?
                Two on the left are from '08...the one on the right is from last weekend. I know she's gotten bigger...not just from pics but because I've stood next to her multiple times since '07.

I'm not into the debate of why she is bigger/more defined because thanks not my place but I think she definitely has changed. I think the biggest change is in her back muscles.

Comment

You can see the strength benefits from that increased size, her arm action is much cleaner and more effective, her arms crossed her body a bit in 2007/08, the John Smith technical que of 'beating the drum' really works for her.

You can see how Smith tidied up Miller's technique in the same way in 1999 when she joined HSI - shoulders down, no wasted movement.

It was a great run, I think she is still leaning back a little, if she can get her chest a little further forward, she could get even faster.

One thing I did notice in NYC was that she moved in her lane away from VCB, some might see that as a psychological thing regarding VCB, who i think is mentally one of the toughest females sprinters.

Comment

Damn i saw the race and those arms, she reminds me of kelly white in 03, just look at the size, nice win anyway

Comment

She does not look 'bigger' to me in the last picture, just more well defined. Kelly White looked 'big' to me. The well-defined look has a 'leanness' to it.

Comment

I don't know if it was so much Kerron letting up as much as it was Jeter finishing like she did, which she truly did.
                        on the road

Comment

Originally posted by Tammy_Baby
                          I still can't get over this particular statement and this poster isn't the only one saying it...JAMAICA DOMINATED ONE MEET----THE OLYMPICS, and that's in the events that we've always been the US battering ram...Why do people make it seem as if the US isn't used to winning, and they have something to prove....This season has started NO DIFFERENT from other seasons...It was the same results last year, albeit different athletes, the only difference was that we put on a show at the Olympics...and we had a weapon in our arsenal called Usain Bolt...Many are still soooo caught up in the fixation of the Olympics that you fail to logically see the season for what it is...Apart from Usain, and give and take Asafa, who from Jamaica was dominating in pre-championships races...World's is still 2 months away, and all the athletes are still in meet preparation mode...US is doing what they are always doing, and once again jamaica is playing runner-up or second fiddle...I don't know what will happen come August, I prayerfully wish for a repeat performance of my countrymen, but if they don't "dominate" as y'all call it, then I pray that we continue to put a dent in the US plans and steal a medal here and there like we always do...Come on people :roll:
                          "Many are still soooo caught up in the fixation of the Olympics that you fail to logically see the season for what it is"

erm...athletics IS the Olympics, that is THE meet, the one every athlete want's to win, what they train for. And 2008 WAS the Olympics, it wasnt about the Pre of the GP circuit, it was all about Beijing. Jamaica blew away the opposition there. Regardless of what happened during the season, they DOMINATED the sprints in Beijing, period.

Athletics is about competition, isn't it? It's about rivalry, beating your competitors, getting medals for your country.....I'm darn sure the US team management were pissed with how Jamaica dominated, and they will ofcourse want to be back on top. So, no, the US sprinters don't NEED to prove anything, but they will WANT to.

Comment

Well, we do not sit down and wait for four years just because there is not another Olympics until London '08. The OGs are the most important competition -- they are NOT the only competition.

Is it me, or is a subset of the JAM crowd predicating everything on the finish of a couple of races last August and that none of the relatively mediocre results this spring seems to sink in. While Bolt has not lost yet, virtually everyone else has, many multiple times, often to athletes those 'faithful' are sure will not be able to repeat their success come the next championship (and if they do, I suppose that we will be told "well, it is not the OGs, that is what matters").

Comment

Some of the comments in this thread are certainly implying something about Jeter, simply based upon her appearance.

Obviously looks are decieving.
                              on the road

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfirst
                                I don't know if it was so much Kerron letting up as much as it was Jeter finishing like she did, which she truly did.
                                Watch the replay of the last 10m. You can see her change her stride pattern to coast across the line and and as she was about to cross the line I think she noticed Jeter.
                                Afrikan

Comment

Working...
                                X