Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She didn't seem to coast, she seemed to loose a little steam. And she also was leaning forward so as to attempt an extra effort to catch Jeter.

She gave it her all in that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Taliban
      Originally posted by Speedfirst
      Am I the only one who noticed Kerron ease up at the end.
      I don't know if it was so much Kerron letting up as much as it was Jeter finishing like she did, which she truly did.
      Watch the replay of the last 10m. You can see her change her stride pattern to coast across the line and and as she was about to cross the line I think she noticed Jeter.
      She was beaten by 0.05. That is more than an athlete will lose in the last few meters unless that hit the ground and bounce before the line. Kerron did not lose because she let up a bit early, she lost because she 'broke down' from imperfect mechanics relative to what Jeter displayed.

Comment

Am I the only one who noticed Kerron ease up at the end.
        I don't know if it was so much Kerron letting up as much as it was Jeter finishing like she did, which she truly did.
        Watch the replay of the last 10m. You can see her change her stride pattern to coast across the line and and as she was about to cross the line I think she noticed Jeter.
        I just watched it again, definitely no letting up by Kerron, she actually could feel Jeter and she simply leaned and Jeter again finished better. Her top end speed was the best in the race and as a result, so was her maintenance.

If you noticed Kerron leaned and looked to her left, she never let up.
        on the road

Comment

Some of the comments in this thread are certainly implying something about Jeter, simply based upon her appearance.

Obviously looks are decieving.
          Speed I agree w/you about the comments but what can you do.
          She is having a good season plain and simple. I hope she carries this success to WCs.

Comment

Originally posted by DCSIGMA
            Some of the comments in this thread are certainly implying something about Jeter, simply based upon her appearance.

Obviously looks are decieving.
            Speed I agree w/you about the comments but what can you do.
            She is having a good season plain and simple. I hope she carries this success to WCs.
            You're right about your entire post, she is having a wonderful season.
            It's sad that her appearance has prompted these type of attacking comments. I do sense a degree of jealously in some of the remarks. :x
            on the road

Comment

Finally, I've been activated

Comment

Jeter is looking good, best of luck to her and I hope Kerron whips her @$$. Never really paid much attention to her before, that manly strut of hers is not sexy at all.

Comment

Originally posted by texas_speed
                  Originally posted by Jacksf
                  OMG! - did you see her arms?! She is ridiculously muscular. That's never good.
                  Is she a bodybuilder in the off-season?
                  Two on the left are from '08...the one on the right is from last weekend. I know she's gotten bigger...not just from pics but because I've stood next to her multiple times since '07.

I'm not into the debate of why she is bigger/more defined because thanks not my place but I think she definitely has changed. I think the biggest change is in her back muscles.

So true.. and for that person who said, she is just looking leaner/define. Look at her when she is setting into her blocks. Her arms and shoulders are so huge, there is definately more muscle add on those bones from last year.

Looking at her pictures on the left and compare it to one on right, shows there are more muscle mass add. If she would've just being a lot more define than last year, she would've just look the same size, but just showing more muscle. Hence she should look about the same size/smaller with definition and not overall bigger. Also, look at her legs...there is added muscle mass noted. Again, I just hope this is due to her increase protein intake, because as a fans of track and field, we don't need bad stuff happening. The season is gearing up to be excited as ever come World Championships.

Comment

I don't think the pics of her on this thread show much of anything convincing. However, viewing the video at the link below, she does look quite muscular.

http://www.runnerspace.com/video.php?do ... o_id=13514

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsfanx1
                      Again, I just hope this is due to her increase protein intake, because as a fans of track and field, we don't need bad stuff happening. The season is gearing up to be excited as ever come World Championships.
                      Jeter did say she has been training and working hard, now we just have to take for her word until proven otherwise, don't we?
                      on the road

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
                        Well, we do not sit down and wait for four years just because there is not another Olympics until London '08. The OGs are the most important competition -- they are NOT the only competition.

Is it me, or is a subset of the JAM crowd predicating everything on the finish of a couple of races last August and that none of the relatively mediocre results this spring seems to sink in. While Bolt has not lost yet, virtually everyone else has, many multiple times, often to athletes those 'faithful' are sure will not be able to repeat their success come the next championship (and if they do, I suppose that we will be told "well, it is not the OGs, that is what matters").

Maybe you need to ask them athletes that running around and ask them what they value more, winning a few races on the circuit or winning an Olympics Gold or even for some just an Olympics medal. The next big thing in track and field is the World Championships. So, when (not if) JA dominate the sprints again in Berlin, what's the saying going to be then? One thing I can guarantee you USTFA boss is not going to be a happy camper. Is he/she going to say, well we win a lot of the races on the circuit? LOL.

Comment

Again, I just hope this is due to her increase protein intake, because as a fans of track and field, we don't need bad stuff happening. The season is gearing up to be excited as ever come World Championships.
                          Jeter did say she has been training and working hard, now we just have to take for her word until proven otherwise, don't we?
                          She said exactly that in her post race interview. She stated that John Smith has had her work on her strength this yr and that she's been in the weight room? more this yr. Something to that effect.

Comment

Yes, that's what I'm doing...that's why I said, I hope her increase protein intake the product of those added muscle mass. It won't benefit no one fans and athletes etc, if's its something otherwise.

Comment

Yes, that's what I'm doing...that's why I said, I hope her increase protein intake the product of those added muscle mass. It won't benefit no one fans and athletes etc, if's its something otherwise.
                              The same can be said about every athlete out there.

Comment

Highly Suspicious Individuals aka HSI

Mo greene probably wired her some extra protein and an extra tub of cell tech, all off his card.

Comment

Working...
                                X