• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by knite
    Originally posted by Sportsfanx1
    Originally posted by Speedfirst
    Again, I just hope this is due to her increase protein intake, because as a fans of track and field, we don't need bad stuff happening. The season is gearing up to be excited as ever come World Championships.
    Jeter did say she has been training and working hard, now we just have to take for her word until proven otherwise, don't we?
    Yes, that's what I'm doing...that's why I said, I hope her increase protein intake the product of those added muscle mass. It won't benefit no one fans and athletes etc, if's its something otherwise.
    The same can be said about every athlete out there.
    If you want to say that. Though, this discussion is about one particular athlete that has an drastic PHYSICAL appearance this year in compare to last year..to some observers. Again, this is just an observation and perception of some. I hope my eyes playing tricks on me. 8-)

Comment

Again, I just hope this is due to her increase protein intake, because as a fans of track and field, we don't need bad stuff happening. The season is gearing up to be excited as ever come World Championships.
      Jeter did say she has been training and working hard, now we just have to take for her word until proven otherwise, don't we?
      Yes, that's what I'm doing...that's why I said, I hope her increase protein intake the product of those added muscle mass. It won't benefit no one fans and athletes etc, if's its something otherwise.
      The same can be said about every athlete out there.
      If you want to say that. Though, this discussion is about one particular athlete that has an drastic PHYSICAL appearance this year in compare to last year..to some observers. Again, this is just an observation and perception of some. I hope my eyes playing tricks on me. 8-)
      Even if they aren't, physical change isn't the only barometer to be suspicious, I though the last few years would have yielded against those types of thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by 26mi235
        Well, we do not sit down and wait for four years just because there is not another Olympics until London '08. The OGs are the most important competition -- they are NOT the only competition.

Is it me, or is a subset of the JAM crowd predicating everything on the finish of a couple of races last August and that none of the relatively mediocre results this spring seems to sink in. While Bolt has not lost yet, virtually everyone else has, many multiple times, often to athletes those 'faithful' are sure will not be able to repeat their success come the next championship (and if they do, I suppose that we will be told "well, it is not the OGs, that is what matters").

Maybe you need to ask them athletes that running around and ask them what they value more, winning a few races on the circuit or winning an Olympics Gold or even for some just an Olympics medal. The next big thing in track and field is the World Championships. So, when (not if) JA dominate the sprints again in Berlin, what's the saying going to be then? One thing I can guarantee you USTFA boss is not going to be a happy camper. Is he/she going to say, well we win a lot of the races on the circuit? LOL.
        You cannot guarantee a thing, and if you do not know it then you know less than I thought.

Now tell me, does dominating mean to win, say, twice as many as the next best country? If so, why is the count in the sprints have more medals for the Americans than for JA? Oh, you mean that the sprints mean only those that we are best at right now... [Oh, on the men's side, what would happen if Bolt pulled a muscle or something like that; guarantees imply that the probability of that happening is zero, like the frequency with which Bolt historically has been injured.]

You can get off your high horse now, but do not fall down doing so.

Comment

She didn't seem to coast, she seemed to loose a little steam. And she also was leaning forward so as to attempt an extra effort to catch Jeter.

She gave it her all in that one.
          Exactly what I saw...and something I'm not used to seeing from Kerron...losing steam that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Taliban
            Am I the only one who noticed Kerron ease up at the end.
            I don't know if it was so much Kerron letting up as much as it was Jeter finishing like she did, which she truly did.
            Watch the replay of the last 10m. You can see her change her stride pattern to coast across the line and and as she was about to cross the line I think she noticed Jeter.
            She was beaten by 0.05. That is more than an athlete will lose in the last few meters unless that hit the ground and bounce before the line. Kerron did not lose because she let up a bit early, she lost because she 'broke down' from imperfect mechanics relative to what Jeter displayed.
            Agreed.

Comment

Well, we do not sit down and wait for four years just because there is not another Olympics until London '08. The OGs are the most important competition -- they are NOT the only competition.

Is it me, or is a subset of the JAM crowd predicating everything on the finish of a couple of races last August and that none of the relatively mediocre results this spring seems to sink in. While Bolt has not lost yet, virtually everyone else has, many multiple times, often to athletes those 'faithful' are sure will not be able to repeat their success come the next championship (and if they do, I suppose that we will be told "well, it is not the OGs, that is what matters").

Maybe you need to ask them athletes that running around and ask them what they value more, winning a few races on the circuit or winning an Olympics Gold or even for some just an Olympics medal. The next big thing in track and field is the World Championships. So, when (not if) JA dominate the sprints again in Berlin, what's the saying going to be then? One thing I can guarantee you USTFA boss is not going to be a happy camper. Is he/she going to say, well we win a lot of the races on the circuit? LOL.
              You cannot guarantee a thing, and if you do not know it then you know less than I thought.

Now tell me, does dominating mean to win, say, twice as many as the next best country? If so, why is the count in the sprints have more medals for the Americans than for JA? Oh, you mean that the sprints mean only those that we are best at right now... [Oh, on the men's side, what would happen if Bolt pulled a muscle or something like that; guarantees imply that the probability of that happening is zero, like the frequency with which Bolt historically has been injured.]

You can get off your high horse now, but do not fall down doing so.

Go say that to USTFA boss..that USA won more medals than JA last year. If what Jamaica did in the SPRINTS in Beijing don't mean nothing, why was there a big commotion going on!! Shaking up of USTFA staffs etc. Mind you, it's JUST FIVE SPRINT RACES JA won. Why was the big fuss, LOL?

We only won 11 medals total, and USA won over 100 medals total with 26+ in Track and Field, So, why was the Big Fuss???? Again you need go tell/write USATFA boss and express that to him. :lol:

Comment

Perception is that the US runs the sprints and that "perception" was affected last yr. Bar none, however, what was more evident in the shake up was the frustration over the lack of organization and personnel to "take charge" of a team and run the team, instead of individual coaches/athletes laying claims about who would do what and who would be on the relays. The reaction of "shakeup" had more to do with that, than that of a reaction to an individual race.

As coaches really can't do a thing at that point, its all up to the athletes. What they CAN do is makes sure the teams are ready to run when they come togetehr as a team, i.e. relays, putting athletes on the line who knew they were "un-fit/incapable" of even performing to the best of their ability (i.e. Terrance Trammel), etc.

Outside of Bolt, whom no one had an answer for, the US did a good job. Keep in mind that Bolt whooped the WORLD over not just the US. And our best sprinter was injured! Don't go making it sound like JAM had the rights to every sprint placing there was in all 100 thru 400's including hurdles...

You cannot control what the athlete does on race day, but you can control the performance and effectiveness of the relay teams and whether an athlete is capable of performing.

Comment

But knite, lets be forreal the US did not perform to our standards. Name to me the last time we didnt have someone not run a 9.8 or sub 19.9 in the Olympics (excluding 2000 because of the false start).

Beyond Bolt obliterating us, we still didnt perform well in the sprints time wise.

Comment

Don't you just love how the hurdles, the 400m and the 4x400m is no longer considered a sprint after Bejing????

Comment

Originally posted by justblaze1011
                      Don't you just love how the hurdles, the 400m and the 4x400m is no longer considered a sprint after Bejing????
                      Hell Yeah!

Seriously the 100m is the premier event and Bolt took the "World" by storm. American we thought to have the answer and they didn't hence the reason it seemed like Bolt beat the "US" and not the world.

I just love seeing Arrogant Americans lose.
                      Afrikan

Comment

Hell Yeah!

Seriously the 100m is the premier event and Bolt took the "World" by storm. American we thought to have the answer and they didn't hence the reason it seemed like Bolt beat the "US" and not the world.

Arent u American??? The irony

Comment

Originally posted by guruof track
                          But knite, lets be forreal the US did not perform to our standards. Name to me the last time we didnt have someone not run a 9.8 or sub 19.9 in the Olympics (excluding 2000 because of the false start).

Beyond Bolt obliterating us, we still didn't perform well in the sprints time wise.
                          Again, our best athlete went down with injury, no?

That said, we already knew that we wouldn't have an answer to Bolt. and No one picked Dix to medal in either sprint, let alone 2!

Now guess what, why was the measure of performance bad to some folks eyes? Because the US has set the standard so high for itself that sometimes you DO lose races. It happened in '92 and in '96, heck in '96 we didn't even medal in the flat sprint! Only to rebound in '00 and '04 and still medal'ed in '08.

Underperformed to our own standards, not of anyone else's!

Comment

Beyond Bolt obliterating us, we still didn't perform well in the sprints time wise.
                            Again, our best athlete went down with injury, no?

That said, we already knew that we wouldn't have an answer to Bolt. and No one picked Dix to medal in either sprint, let alone 2!

Now guess what, why was the measure of performance bad to some folks eyes? Because the US has set the standard so high for itself that sometimes you DO lose races. It happened in '92 and in '96, heck in '96 we didn't even medal in the flat sprint! Only to rebound in '00 and '04 and still medal'ed in '08.

Underperformed to our own standards, not of anyone else's!
                            True, but the crop of athletes we sent over were capable of better times. Thats all I am saying. I don't think they were capable of beating Bolt, but better times yes.

And Dix will even tell you himself that the 200 medal he did't 'really' win.

Comment

Hell Yeah!

I'm from the "MotherLand" thought you knew!

Like I said I love seeing Arrogant Americans lose!!!!!
                              Afrikan

Comment

Hell Yeah!

I'm from the "MotherLand" thought you knew!

Like I said I love seeing Arrogant Americans lose!!!!!
                                So how many of these athletes do you deem as "arrogant" ????

So you should be hoping a lot of athletes lose this yr because of their recent arrogance???

Comment

Working...
                                X