• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunting for witches continue.

Comment

• Originally posted by 26mi235
      Originally posted by usafa

Is it me, or is a subset of the JAM crowd
      Not fair, a subset of one, ok maybe two is not a crowd.
      BTW, the Jeter thing is nonsense... why pick out Jeter only - becuase she is winning?
      The screaming about the winner belied the bias.

I was not saying it was a crowd of the JA folks only that it was a subset, which (for a proper subset) need only be one or two and the vocal ranting does seem to be coming from a pretty small subset (and I should have used the word 'small' as an additional qualifier, but then I might not have elicited your knowledgeable opinion. :wink: ).[/quote]

Thats why I have so few posts :wink:

Comment

• Originally posted by guruof track
        Hunting for witches continue.
        I am certainly not "Hunting" anyone. And there is NO accusation in my post. I paid no attention to this thread at all...and was just simply shocked when watching the race of my own accord. The woman has sculpted her body into piece of art IMO. I can't recall a female sprinter with a more muscular back and shoulders. Her legs are also perfection. Infact, Kerron also has sculpted her body into a piece of art too IMO. The arms and legs are incredible. It seems strength and muscle is in. People are entitled to talk about the changing body shapes of athletes IMO. You disagree?

Jeter appears to have more muscle definition than all the fastest gals ever, Jones, Ottey, Torrence, Arron, Jackson and IMHO Flo Jo. Body shapes v PB times are interesting to note. Stewart isn't far off either.

Comment

• Must be feeling guilty, as I mentioned no specific poster by name.

Comment

• I hope Stewart doesn't follow the same dreaded path as Asafa. "Easing up" when really its "tightening up".

Comment

• Note that the first poster to come to the defence of Jeter in the face of questions about her physical condition was a JA poster so be judicious in your type-casting. Please!!

If folks are going to pick on jeter you have to notice Aileen. If one dares I swear!!!!
              So please respect the young ladies' drive to train hard and get what is potentially a last chance for silver-ware in their cabinets. LEAVE JETER ALONE.

Comment

• Aleen has been a big girl since who knows when.

Some of ya'll need to ease on on disrespecting Jeter big time!
                Afrikan

Comment

• Simply playing devil's advocate and trying to see "the dark side of the coin."

Could some of people's issues/skepticism stem from the fact that Jeter will be 30 in November and her body has drastically changed in less than a year? I saw her up close and personal at Tyson in Feb and again in New York at the end of May and those are two completely different people.

Or maybe a better asked question would be is there a precedent for women sprinters to undergo such an overhaul in their body type in the "latter stage" of their career.

I know there have been many women to run extremely fast into their 30s but I guess I'm asking can anyone else think of more examples of someone who went from firm to jacked so quickly?

Comment

• Originally posted by texas_speed
                    Simply playing devil's advocate and trying to see "the dark side of the coin."

Could some of people's issues/skepticism stem from the fact that Jeter will be 30 in November and her body has drastically changed in less than a year? I saw her up close and personal at Tyson in Feb and again in New York at the end of May and those are two completely different people.

Or maybe a better asked question would be is there a precedent for women sprinters to undergo such an overhaul in their body type in the "latter stage" of their career.

I know there have been many women to run extremely fast into their 30s but I guess I'm asking can anyone else think of more examples of someone who went from firm to jacked so quickly?
                    Let's address the age aspect, when you consider elite female short sprinters and also for that matter the men, as you get older your window for improving your speed decreases. As an elite athlete that window wasn't that big to begin with, so again now add getting older to the equation.

You now as you get older you must redeem the time even more so than in the past. So you are going to undertake the type of regimen that will produce the body types of the likes of a Jeter.

I wouldn't say there is a precedent of sort, but each individual must consider and do what they feel is going help them achieve their desired results.
                    on the road

Comment

• I assume that "texas_speed" is sincere when he describes changes that he perceives in Jeter's musculature, but lawyers claim that eyewitness testimony is the least reliable type of courtroom evidence. "texas_speed" also mentioned her back. I've seen no such video or photo of her back, so I cannot comment.

I've don't recall ever seeing Jeter in person, but I compare recent videos of her races with T&FN photos. For example, look at the photo of her on page 38 of the January 2008 T&FN. She seems to be very solid in that photo of a race that was run about 22 months ago.

Controversey about Barry Bonds alleged steroid use was common in local newspapers a few years ago, but a series of three photos showed GRADUAL growth. The most noticeable was about 10 years ago when he missed most of a season due to injury. His growth may have been caused by heavy weight lifting in lieu of a normal baseball season.

I'd like to see similar photos in the same pose that are a couple of years apart and show remarkable growth. Until then I say "innocent until proven guilty." The previous photos are dissimilar--proving nothing IMHO.

When Arnold Schwarzenenegger was a bodybuilder his coach said that Arnold "would twist his upper body....This gave him the appearance of having a smaller waist, and it was an important strategy for him in competition." This is why similar photos would be helpful. "Muscle & Fitness," January 2005, page 102.

I'm a serious track & field fan, but I'm also a FORMER serious runner due to doctor's orders. When my rheumatologist told me to lift no more than 50 lbs., I picked up the aforementioned magazine with Arnold on the cover at Safeway to find permitted exercises. I'm not a serious bodybuilder, but the quote is accurate.
                      none

Comment

• Wow

Comment

Working...
                        X