Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• European Team Championships 20/21 June

German Team announced. Thanks to his defeat in Bad Langensalza Bayer has not been selected and instead the LJ berth goes to Winter. New name and German leader Malte Mohr has been given the PV spot over more experience competitors. 21 yr old Sorina Nwachukwu gets the 400m spot thanks to her recent 52.25 PB.

M ä n n e r
    100 m: Stefan Schwab (TSV Schwarzenbek)
    200 m: Alexander Kosenkow (TV Wattenscheid 01)
    400 m: Kamghe Gaba (LG Eintracht Frankfurt)
    800 m: Sebastian Keiner (Erfurter LAC)
    1.500 m: Stefan Eberhardt (LC Erfurt)
    3.000 m: Arne Gabius (LAV asics Tübingen)
    5.000 m: Christian Glatting (TV Wattenscheid 01)
    110 m Hürden: Matthias Bühler (LG Offenburg)
    400 m Hürden: Thomas Goller (TV Wattenscheid 01)
    3.000 m Hindernis: Filmon Ghirmai (LAV asics Tübingen)
    HJ: Raul Spank (Dresdner SC 1898)
    PV: Malte Mohr (TSV Bayer 04 Leverkusen)
    LJ: Nils Winter (Team Referenznetzwerk Leverkusen)
    TJ: Charles Friedek (Team Referenznetzwerk Leverkusen)
    SP: Peter Sack (LAZ Leipzig)
    DT: Robert Harting (SCC Berlin)
    Hammer: Markus Esser (TSV Bayer 04 Leverkusen)
    JT: Mark Frank (1.LAV Rostock)
    4 x 100 m: Stefan Schwab, Alexander Kosenkow, Till Helmke (TSV Friedberg-Fauerbach), Martin Keller (LAC Erdgas Chemnitz), Aleixio Platini Menga (TSV Bayer 04 Leverkusen)
    4 x 400 m: Kamghe Gaba, Thomas Schneider (SC Potsdam), Miguel Rigau (LG ASV/DSHS Köln), Simon Kirch (SV Schlau.com Saar 05 Saarbrücken), Florian Seitz (SCC Berlin)

F r a u e n
    100 m: Verena Sailer (MTG Mannheim)
    200 m: Cathleen Tschirch (TSV Bayer 04 Leverkusen)
    400 m: Sorina Nwachukwu (TSV Bayer 04 Leverkusen)
    800 m: Jana Hartmann (LG Olympia Dortmund)
    1.500 m: Denise Krebs (TV Wattenscheid 01)
    3.000 m: Simret Restle (LG Eintracht Frankfurt)
    5.000 m: Sabrina Mockenhaupt (Kölner Verein f. Marathon)
    110 m Hürden: Carolin Nytra (Bremer LT)
    400 m Hürden: Fabienne Kohlmann (LG Karlstadt)
    3.000 m Hindernis: Antje Möldner (SC Potsdam)
    HJ: Ariane Friedrich (LG Eintracht Frankfurt)
    PV: Silke Spiegelburg (TSV Bayer 04 Leverkusen)
    LJ: Bianca Kappler (LC asics Rehlingen)
    TJ: Katja Demut (TuS Jena)
    SP: Nadine Kleinert (SC Magdeburg)
    DT: Nadine Müller (Hallesche Leichtathletik-Freunde)
    Hammer: Betty Heidler (LG Eintracht Frankfurt)
    JT: Christina Obergföll (LG Offenburg)
    4 x 100 m: Verena Sailer, Cathleen Tschirch, Marion Wagner (USC Mainz), Anne Möllinger (MTG Mannheim), Katja Wakan (TV Wattenscheid 01)
    4 x 400 m: Sorina Nwachukwu, Fabienne Kohlmann, Claudia Hoffmann (SC Potsdam), Florence Ekpo-Umoh (Erfurter LAC), Janin Lindenberg (LG Nike Berlin

http://www.european-athletics.org/index ... 1&Itemid=2

Gulnara Samitova-Galkina will compete in the 3000m flat.
    http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

Re: European Team Championships 20/21 June

The German team, as usual, is very strong on the field side (with a couple of exceptions), but the track events look weak (again, with exceptions). Overall, I'm not sure it's top-3 material.
      Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Originally posted by Powell
        The German team, as usual, is very strong on the field side (with a couple of exceptions), but the track events look weak (again, with exceptions). Overall, I'm not sure it's top-3 material.
        I think they'll do ok in the sprints (mid placings) with Schwab and Nwachukwu having the potential to do better, but the middle and long distance nominations do look very weak, Mockenhaupt aside, as do the hurdlers (though Nytra has potential)

I think the men's field looks very strong, Friedek the weak link probably, and on the women's side it's again the TJ letting them down, but both male and female field eventers look very strong IMO.

Comment

The womens track look fairly weak for me apart from Mockenhaupt, however their womens field and jumpers are as strong if not in the throws perhaps slightly stronger than Russia.

I think the men will be there or there abouts, but like someone else said, around about the top 3 for me but no higher.

However then again some of the new rules do leave some of the events as rather like a lottery....

I still liked the old way, yes the Russian women won every year but the mens competition was always exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by Brettboy
            Originally posted by Powell
            I think they'll do ok in the sprints (mid placings) with Schwab and Nwachukwu having the potential to do better, but the middle and long distance nominations do look very weak, Mockenhaupt aside, as do the hurdlers (though Nytra has potential)

I think the men's field looks very strong, Friedek the weak link probably, and on the women's side it's again the TJ letting them down, but both male and female field eventers look very strong IMO.
            I'm not sure Mockenhaupt will do that well in this different scenario. She normally runs very even-paced races at the European Cup and she's not exactly renowned for having much of a turn of pace.
            http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kai88
              I think the men will be there or there abouts, but like someone else said, around about the top 3 for me but no higher.
              I'm pretty sure the Russians will win it - their women are just too far ahead of everyone else and the men cannot possibly lose all that advantage. If the UK send a full-strength team, they should get second. And I'm not sure the Germans can beat all of the other teams - France, Poland, and possibly Spain are all pretty strong.

Comment

I think had it been the old format i think GB would possibly win this year, strong in pretty much all the track events, steeple and 800m possible exceptions, strong in all the jumps, perhaps field weaker but not disastrous.

However with the combined team, i think the women's side could pull the score down slightly.
                The womens jump and throws athletes i think unfortunately wil struggle a little bit. Goldie Sayers is a big miss and Jade Johnson hasn't opened her season so far as i know.

Will be an interesting competition I'm sure, hopefully it will work, if not i hope they don't try and flog a dead horse and change it back or tweak it as necessary.

Comment

I think had it been the old format i think GB would possibly win this year, strong in pretty much all the track events, steeple and 800m possible exceptions, strong in all the jumps, perhaps field weaker but not disastrous.

However with the combined team, i think the women's side could pull the score down slightly.
                  I would take objection with the word 'slightly'. Russia is miles ahead (not just of the UK, but everyone else as well) on the women's side - much, much farther ahead than any losses it may suffer in the men's part of the competition.

Comment

The GB women will be very strong on the track 100m - 5000m and both hurdles.
                    If Kate Dennison goes in the pole vault
                    Jade Johnson in the long jump
                    Jessica Ennis in the high jump ( however i don't think she would go, i don't think she has done in the past )

The jumps could be alright.

It really is just the throws, Eden Francis is still young and fairly inexperience at top senior level and unfortunately Goldie Sayers is injured.

I would surprised if GB weren't in the top 3 at the end of the weekend.

Comment

I would surprised if GB weren't in the top 3 at the end of the weekend.
                      I said I expected them to come second. I just don't see them getting close to the Russians. Last year, the British women finished 34 points behind the Russians, and I wouldn't expect them to cut this deficit by much this year.

Comment

No im not disagreeing i think russia will win as well........

Comment

The GB women will be very strong on the track 100m - 5000m and both hurdles.
                          If Kate Dennison goes in the pole vault
                          Jade Johnson in the long jump
                          Jessica Ennis in the high jump ( however i don't think she would go, i don't think she has done in the past )

The jumps could be alright.

It really is just the throws, Eden Francis is still young and fairly inexperience at top senior level and unfortunately Goldie Sayers is injured.

I would be surprised if GB weren't in the top 3 at the end of the weekend.
                          On paper, the GB women are fantastic and probably out performed Russia on the track at the Olympics?. Claxton and Kwkye Olympic finalists. TBO the Olympic champion, Danvers Olympic bronze, Sayers, Dobriskey Olympic 4th placers, Okoro 1'58, ...etc BUT Claxton, Kwakye, Dobriskey and Sanders have been well out of form. TBO will probably do the 200. Sayers is out....etc. Hopefully Ennis will replace Claxton, and do the HJ too. TBO to do the 4 and 200? I'd just like to see the best possible GB women's team and not another strange selection.

Just thinking about on the track in Beijing
                          GB Russia
                          100m 6th Kwkaye 11.14 6th WIN Polyakova 11.38 12th
                          200m 12th Freeman 22.83 Chermonshanskaya 22.57 9th WIN
                          400m 1st TBO WIN Guschina 4th
                          800m Meadows 16th Klyuka 4th WIN
                          1500 Dobriskey 4th WIN Alminova 11th
                          5k NA Shobukhova 6th WIN
                          10k Pavey 11th Konovalova 5th WIN
                          Mar Yamauchi 6th WIN Timofeyeva 7th
                          SC Pavey 15th Samitova 1st WIN
                          100h Claxton 8th WIN Kondakova 22nd
                          400h Danvers 3rd WIN Bikert 6th

so that's 11 events GB ladies on top in 6, Russia in 5.

Exclude the Marathon and it's even.

Comment

I hope TBO does the 400, I really do...Sanders is in no form at all at the moment to deputise and McConnell is good enough but TBO really should be out all guns blazing...

The sprint selection will be interesting- the 100 is a toughie. Maduaka and Nelson top the rankings (I'd go for the latter) but Kwakye is apparently injured and I don't think will debut in time and is Ania planning to run prior to the meet ?

HMMM...

Comment

The Ukrainians have named their team:

100: Kostyantyn Vasyukov/Nataliya Pohrebnyak
                              200: Dmytro Ostrovskyy/Yelizaveta Bryzhina
                              400: Mykhaylo Knysh/Nataliya Pyhyda
                              800: Oleksandr Osmolovych/Yuliya Krevsun
                              1500: Oleksandr Borysyuk/Anna Mishchenko
                              3000: Vitaliy Shafar/Tetyana Holovchenko
                              5000: Serhiy Lebid/Tetyana Filonyuk
                              3000SC: Vadym Slobodenyuk/Valentyna Horpynych
                              110H/100H: Oleksandr Vakhnyakov/Olena Krasovska
                              400H: Stanislav Melnykov/Anastasiya Rabchenyuk
                              HJ: Yuriy Krymarenko/Vita Palamar
                              PV: Denys Yurchenko/Nataliya Kushch
                              LJ: Viktor Kuznetsov/Viktoriya Molchanova
                              TJ: Mykola Savolaynen/Liliya Kulyk
                              SP: Andriy Semenov/Viktoriya Dehtyar
                              DT: Oleksiy Semenov/Nataliya Semenova
                              HT: Artem Rubanko/Iryna Sekachova
                              JT: Roman Avramenko/Vira Rebryk
                              4x100: Ostrovskyy, Vasyukov, Roman Bublyk, Serhiy Smelyk, Anatoliy Dovhal, Serhiy Sahutkin/Pohrebnyak, Bryzhina, Iryna Shtanhyeyeva, Mariya Ryemyen, Hrystyna Stuy
                              4x400: Knysh, Melnykov, Oleksiy Rachkovskyy, Bohdan Stolyarchuk, Volodymyr Burakov/Pyhyda, Rabchenyuk, Antonina Yefremova, Zoya Hladun, Oleksandra Ryzhkova, Yuliya Baraley

As usual female track team stronger than men's (except Lebid), men's jumps better than women's. Women's throws strong except SP, men's middling to strong.
                              Should avoid the drop comfortably, but not challenge for top 3.

Comment

Working...
                              X